The Nuking of Nagasaki: Even More Immoral and Unnecessary than Hiroshima

Jesus this wanker thread is still going............OMFG

Hey..............it's over .........they started it.............and LOST.......

Now people whine.......look what the Americans did...........well they picked a fight they couldn't win.......cry to your mother.

During the campaign to retake Manila: little Filipino girls would try to bring water to the American GI's and the Japanese would shoot them.
Just little girls trying to help Americans retake their homeland.

Orientals are supposed to be damn smart.

So North Koreans and Chinks are suddenly NOT orientals?

Obviously they've learned nothing.

Perhaps an experiment to find out if they are capable of learning?

Pearl Harbor wasn’t necessary either.

True, because FDR should not have provoked Japan to attack us. In the months leading up to Pearl Harbor, the Japanese tried repeatedly to get FDR to lift the crippling sanctions he had imposed on Japan. They offered enormous concessions, including ignoring the Tripartite Treaty. But, FDR, who was ever willing to excuse Soviet atrocities and tyranny, refused to show even half as much flexibility toward anti-communist Japan. Instead of making Japan our ally and letting the Japanese carry out their plan to invade the Soviet Union, FDR, desperate to save the Soviet experiment, provoked Japan to war.
Exactly,we’ll said,gives standing ovation,could not have said it better myself.

Further, the 'it would have saved millions' canard started out far less in #'s, grew due to historic revisionists who supported Truman , as opposed to all his generals
Without the atomic bomb an invasion would be necessary and even more japanese would have died

Here is a real question I have, and ultimately it all boils down to one thing.

In order to defeat Germany, we not only had to stomp through the entire country from 2 directions, we quite literally had to pound on the door of the hole their leader was hiding in. Only at that time did he do the world a favor and assume room temperature and the war ended.

For Italy it was the same thing. We had to stomp all the way through the country. Their leader, Ill Douche had to loose his office twice, and the Italians did not surrender until after he was turned into a very pretty light ornament.

Now why in the hell would anybody be so stupid as to believe that Japan would somehow magically surrender, when not a single soldier had yet to even set foot on their home islands?

It makes absolutely no sense. It defies all logic. In fact, to me only an incredibly retarded person could ever believe such a thing. Either that, or somebody that does not give a fuck about things like facts and only wants others to believe what they want for other reasons.

But I would love for somebody to try and explain it to me why both Germany and Italy (and almost every other nation in history) literally had to have their teeth kicked in at home before they surrendered. Yet somehow, Japan was going to be different. That somehow we had shown ourselves to all-powerful that they were just going to up and quit. Because...???

Needless to say, ultimately I find the other side of the coin is really rather racist. That they just "know" that Japan "could not stand up to" what was coming, so was going to throw in the towel before a single Marine landed.

Yea, that is the kind of bedtime story I used to tell my son. When he was 3.

Here is a real question I have, and ultimately it all boils down to one thing.

In order to defeat Germany, we not only had to stomp through the entire country from 2 directions, we quite literally had to pound on the door of the hole their leader was hiding in. Only at that time did he do the world a favor and assume room temperature and the war ended.

For Italy it was the same thing. We had to stomp all the way through the country. Their leader, Ill Douche had to loose his office twice, and the Italians did not surrender until after he was turned into a very pretty light ornament.

Now why in the hell would anybody be so stupid as to believe that Japan would somehow magically surrender, when not a single soldier had yet to even set foot on their home islands?

It makes absolutely no sense. It defies all logic. In fact, to me only an incredibly retarded person could ever believe such a thing. Either that, or somebody that does not give a fuck about things like facts and only wants others to believe what they want for other reasons.

But I would love for somebody to try and explain it to me why both Germany and Italy (and almost every other nation in history) literally had to have their teeth kicked in at home before they surrendered. Yet somehow, Japan was going to be different. That somehow we had shown ourselves to all-powerful that they were just going to up and quit. Because...???

Needless to say, ultimately I find the other side of the coin is really rather racist. That they just "know" that Japan "could not stand up to" what was coming, so was going to throw in the towel before a single Marine landed.

Yea, that is the kind of bedtime story I used to tell my son. When he was 3.

You seem to be forgetting something

Further, the 'it would have saved millions' canard started out far less in #'s, grew due to historic revisionists who supported Truman , as opposed to all his generals
Without the atomic bomb an invasion would be necessary and even more japanese would have died

Speculation to hide behind.
Why are we discussing morality of the 1940s? Seems crazy.

The 1940s was not so long ago. People still understood morality in the 1940s.

Forum List

Back