The Nuking of Nagasaki: Even More Immoral and Unnecessary than Hiroshima

The...did it to themselves.

They did it on Okinawa. By that time it was pretty much certain that the Allies were going to prevail however, the stupid ... fought to almost the last man inflicting heavy ground losses on the Americans including Kamikaze attacks.

The Americans rightfully said "fuck this shit, lets nuke the bastards".

The ... should have withdrew from Okinawa and attempted to negotiate a conditional surrender.

Japanese hard headiness is what caused those cities to be nuked.

Another one who hasn't bothered to read the thread. :rolleyes:

They did it on Okinawa. By that time it was pretty much certain that the Allies were going to prevail however, the stupid ... fought to almost the last man inflicting heavy ground losses on the Americans including Kamikaze attacks.

The ... should have withdrew from Okinawa and attempted to negotiate a conditional surrender.

You STILL haven't provide the link to GOVERNMENT documents that support your claim.

The Japs did it to themselves.

They did it on Okinawa. By that time it was pretty much certain that the Allies were going to prevail however, the stupid Japs fought to almost the last man inflicting heavy ground losses on the Americans including Kamikaze attacks.

The Japs should have withdrew from Okinawa and attempted to negotiate a conditional surrender.

Revisionist history. Dumb too.

Tell me what is revisionist about the lessons that we Americans learned from that Okinawa bloodbath.

What we learned is that the stupid Japs were going to extract a horrendous price for bringing the end to the war.
The lesson should be never invade another country, but this is lost on statists.

You think a nation invaded by the Empire, shouldn’t fight. If the Empire was invaded, would you fight?

You are confused.

You can argue that it was FDR's interventionist policy that caused the Japs to attack the US. I would agree with you. I am a Conservative non interventionists for the most part. It was wrong for FDR to put sanctions on the Japs for what they were doing in China. It was none of our business. It was also wrong for FDR to send millions of troops to Europe when it was the Japs that attacked us. FDR was an imbecile.

However, you cannot deny that once total war was under way it was the viciousness of the Japanese that led to the US kicking their ass so bad, including nuking them. The lessons of Okinawa was that they were going to extract a heavy price for the end of the war and that nuking them was going to be a much less costlier way to end the war.

It was their own damn fault. Don't start something you can't finish. It was really dumb for the Japs to start a war with a country that had tremendous manpower, industrial capacity and the resources to develop very destructive weapons of mass destruction.

I have read the thread. In fact I have participated in it several times pror to this post.

Do you know anything about the lessons the US learned at Okinawa?

What do you think they were?

They did it on Okinawa. By that time it was pretty much certain that the Allies were going to prevail however, the stupid Japs fought to almost the last man inflicting heavy ground losses on the Americans including Kamikaze attacks.

The Japs should have withdrew from Okinawa and attempted to negotiate a conditional surrender.

Tell me what is revisionist about the lessons that we Americans learned from that Okinawa bloodbath.

What we learned is that the stupid Japs were going to extract a horrendous price for bringing the end to the war.
The lesson should be never invade another country, but this is lost on statists.

You think a nation invaded by the Empire, shouldn’t fight. If the Empire was invaded, would you fight?

You are confused.

You can argue that it was FDR's interventionist policy that caused the Japs to attack the US. I would agree with you. I am a Conservative non interventionists for the most part. It was wrong for FDR to put sanctions on the Japs for what they were doing in China. It was none of our business. It was also wrong for FDR to send millions of troops to Europe when it was the Japs that attacked us. FDR was an imbecile.

However, you cannot deny that once total war was under way it was the viciousness of the Japanese that led to the US kicking their ass so bad, including nuking them. The lessons of Okinawa was that they were going to extract a heavy price for the end of the war and that nuking them was going to be a much less costlier way to end the war.

It was their own damn fault. Don't start something you can't finish. It was really dumb for the Japs to start a war with a country that had tremendous manpower, industrial capacity and the resources to develop very destructive weapons of mass destruction.
So let me get this right, it was none of our business that Japan was using OUR fuel and OUR metal to kill maim rape and murder millions of Chinese?

You are confused.

I’ve argued in this thread and in others, that FDR’s actions lead to war with Japan. He WANTED war.

I can’t agree with you on anything else. Mass murdering civilians of a defenseless nations who tried to surrender, is a crime

You are confused.

I’ve argued in this thread and in others, that FDR’s actions lead to war with Japan. He WANTED war.
Again in order to believe we had no business cutting Japan off you have to believe it was none of our business that OUR fuel and metal was allowing Japan to MURDER millions of Chinese.

I have read the thread. ...

Then you're ignoring the vast amount of proof provided that there were Japanese overtures to surrender long before Okinawa; overtures that were willfully ignored by roosevelt.

Then you're ignoring the vast amount of proof provided that there were Japanese overtures to surrender long before Okinawa; overtures that were willfully ignored by roosevelt.
LOL PROVIDE a single source from the Government that supports your claim.

You are confused.

So let me get this right, it was none of our business that Japan was using OUR fuel and OUR metal to kill maim rape and murder millions of Chinese?

The US was the largest oil producer in the world at that time and we cut them off.

The US has gone to war in the Middle East because our oil supply was threatened. Remember Kuwait? That tends to piss a country off. It sure as hell pissed off the Japs.

We also had deployed troops right on the Jap's back yard. Just look what we did when the Soviets put a few troops in Central America. We invaded Granada to kick them out. We threatened to go to war when they put missiles in Cuba.

The Japs were assholes. No doubt about it. So were the Germans. However, I think if we had played our cards differently maybe we could have stayed out of WWII. We would have been stronger because of it.

By the way, my father who was an Infantryman in WWII who proudly and courageously served in Europe felt the same way. He did his duty but felt the politicians that sent him to war were imbeciles. I think he was right. Certainly that shithead LBJ that sent me to Vietnam was an idiot.

You are confused.

If they Japs had wanted to surrender then they would not have created that Okinawa bloodbath. They were fighting to the last man inflicting as many casualties on the Americans as possible. Sending the strong message that they were not going to give up.

That was where the rubber met the road.

You are confused.

Not at all. Read the thread.

You are confused.

The US was the largest oil producer in the world at that time and we cut them off.

The US has gone to war in the Middle East because our oil supply was threatened. Remember Kuwait? That tends to piss a country off. It sure as hell pissed off the Japs.

We also had deployed troops right on the Jap's back yard. Just look what we did when the Soviets put a few troops in Central America. We invaded Granada to kick them out. We threatened to go to war when they put missiles in Cuba.

The Japs were assholes. No doubt about it. So were the Germans. However, I think if we had played our cards differently maybe we could have stayed out of WWII. We would have been stronger because of it.

By the way, my father who was an Infantryman in WWII who proudly and courageously served in Europe felt the same way. He did his duty but felt the politicians that sent him to war were imbeciles. I think he was right. Certainly that shithead LBJ that sent me to Vietnam was an idiot.
We went to war in Kuwait because it was INVADED. Again claiming it was none of our business what Japan was doing is asinine short sighted and amazingly STUPID. Amd NO we did not Attack Iraq because OUR supply was threatened, We get less then 5 percent from the middle east. And the Philippines was ours for over 40 years before Japan attacked us claiming we were some threat to them, again STUPID.

You are confused.

FDR knew Japan would go to war, if the US cut off they oil supply. I wanted war, set it up, and knew it was coming.

You are confused.

The Japanese GOVERNMENT AND MILITARY were assholes. So their defenseless people deserved to die.

Damn that’s dumb, but lots of dumb Americans agree.

You are confused.

The Japanese GOVERNMENT AND MILITARY were assholes. So their defenseless people deserved to die.

And yet you can not provide a single source that shows the Japanese tried to surrender before the 2nd atomic bomb. All you need is a single Government source that supports your claim.

You are confused.

We went to war in Kuwait because it was INVADED. Again claiming it was none of our business what Japan was doing is asinine short sighted and amazingly STUPID. Amd NO we did not Attack Iraq because OUR supply was threatened, We get less then 5 percent from the middle east. And the Philippines was ours for over 40 years before Japan attacked us claiming we were some threat to them, again STUPID.

I am sorry I will have to respectively disagree. You and I have agreed on many other topics in other threads but I will beg to differ on this one.

We did not send that massive army to Kuwait to save a few Muslim lives or to protect their poperty. At least I hope to hell not. We sent them there there because we didn't want Saddam to have all that oil that he could use to control the market. Back then it was not 5% by the way but more like 25%.

The invasion of Kuwait was not a humanitarian war. It was to stabilize the oil market. By the way, I think it was the right thing to do. It directly affected the economic well being of the US and our allies and was the right reason to go to war.

I think the Japs thought it was the right thing to do kick the US out of their area of influence after the boycott just like we have done to several other countries for lesser reasons in our history. It was dumb to go to war with the US but they did it for the same reasons that we have used on other occasions.

War is usually a dumb venture for the most part. We will never know how well off we had been had we stuck with our non interventionist policy. However, we do know how much the war cost us. Almost 400,000 Americans died. The Allies also fought the war with Texas and Oklahoma oil and that caused the post war shortage that resulted in us relying on Middle East oil. Then there was that stupid Cold War because we guaranteeing the security of Europe from the Russkes.

By the way, I agree with you in that it was the right thing to do to nuke the Japs. If we do go to war then we need to win it and that sure as hell shut the little bastards up, didn't it?

You are confused.

You need to pay attention what I write before you comment on it. That way you won't look like an idiot when you post.

Yes the Japs and Nazis were assholes. I think that is pretty well known.

I said (and you didn't pay attention) that we provoked the Japs into war with the oil boycott and I said we didn't need to send troops to Europe.

Pull your head out of your ass before you respond to comments I make.

Forum List

Back