The NFL Should Be Embarrassed of Themselves

Lewdog

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2016
Williamsburg, KY
Anyone who watched the Bengals and Steelers game today saw perhaps the worst, most lop-sided officiated game ever. Between the non-calls of penalties against the Steelers, the wrong call on a Bengals TD catch, and the wrong call and subsequent non-reversal of a fumble to end the game... it was atrocious. Even a casual fan could not have watched that game and not noticed how biased the game was for the Steelers. I wish I had the experience necessary to file a class action lawsuit against the NFL on behalf of Bengals fans everywhere that spend their time and money watching the team with the idea that they will get a fair opportunity to win the game. I'm dumbfounded to say the least.

Last edited:
202c29c5fd9f6d83b6c0511370601960.jpg

:crybaby:

Is this a 'Huggy' imitation?

Actually, Tomlin had a great game plan successfully blitzing the crap out of Dalton in the first half and he never recovered.

:crybaby:

Is this a 'Huggy' imitation?

Actually, Tomlin had a great game plan successfully blitzing the crap out of Dalton in the first half and he never recovered.

Really? I can point out three plays alone that made a huge difference in the game not counting several of the non-calls. Uzomah's knee was down in the endzone, so that should have been a touchdown instead of having to settle for a FG. On third and one, Pouncey clearly moved before the snap, but instead they called the Bengals for being offsides giving them a first down that they ended up scoring a TD that drive. The Boyd fumble was obviously NOT a fumble, yet they called it a fumble on the field and even left it as a fumble after replay. After the game Marvin Lewis was quoted as saying that refs on the Bengals' sideline even told him Boyd's knee was down.

So then let's add a few things on top of that. The Bengals were held all game long... and the Steelers weren't called for holding ONCE.

One play was on third down

https://vine.co/67b70cbe-9ef4-465b-94c4-8638d0141a1c

tell me Dunlap doesn't get grabbed here, yet instead Ben gets the pass away for a first down.

Then how about Andy Dalton getting hit helmet to helmet knocking his helmet off, yet... no call.

Then in the 4th quarter after a punt, a Steeler steps on Adam Jones? No call.

It was a shame, and the fact that so many Steelers fans won't admit it, just shows how classless most Steeler fans are.

Here was another non-call during the game. Funny coming from a league that says they are out to protect players especially quarterbacks.

Captain Cosmocon on Twitter

But against the Steelers? No penalty. Count them, three steps after the ball is gone and he still hits him.

If you can't win, you can't win, don't blame officials for your shortcomings.

Pretty hard to win, when you are playing against the other team and the referees. I bet two of the three people responding to this thread didn't watch the game, and the third person is a sleazy Steelers fan.

Pretty hard to win, when you are playing against the other team and the referees. I bet two of the three people responding to this thread didn't watch the game, and the third person is a sleazy Steelers fan.

My opinion is and always has been that you don't let the calls beat you or make it an excuse. I'm a Raiders fan and over the decades we have won close and lost close and the refs have never been an excuse.

My opinion is and always has been that you don't let the calls beat you or make it an excuse. I'm a Raiders fan and over the decades we have won close and lost close and the refs have never been an excuse.

If you didn't see the game, you can't make an informed opinion. Period. When you have a TD voided out and have to take a FG instead when it was an obvious TD, you have game tying drive at the end of the game voided out because of an obvious fumble call that wasn't a fumble... when you have a third and one call where the center obviously moves yet the defense gets called for offsides giving the offense a first down and continuing a drive that results in a TD... when you have an obvious roughing the passer penalty not called that ends a drive in the 4th quarter... when you have a defensive end about to sack the QB for a loss on third down and he gets tackled by the offensive tackle and the QB completes a pass for a first down instead... when the whole game goes on like this, it doesn't matter how much better you play than the other team. You're going to lose.

So they lose by 4 instead of 8. The fact that they were down 17-6 in the third. The fact Green was held to 38 yards. The fact the Steelers held Cincinnati to 46 yards rushing all day. None of that.

Raiders lost to the Pats in a playoff game, it was a bad call, who cares, they should have rose above it and didn't. The Bengals didn't rise above it today and lost.

Quit crying.

giphy.gif

Ok happy now?

Now try to understand it is just a game. It is not reality, just a game.

So they lose by 4 instead of 8. The fact that they were down 17-6 in the third. The fact Green was held to 38 yards. The fact the Steelers held Cincinnati to 46 yards rushing all day. None of that.

Raiders lost to the Pats in a playoff game, it was a bad call, who cares, they should have rose above it and didn't. The Bengals didn't rise above it today and lost.

Quit crying.

The 4 point swing was just ONE bad call. What about the several others?

giphy.gif

Ok happy now?

Now try to understand it is just a game. It is not reality, just a game.

Just a game? Then why did you take the time to come here, look for a gif to post, and then comment? Bad Trolls are bad.
Because I enjoy the game.

Yeah, it is a "game," but it is also an investment. If you ever buy tickets, clothing, or anything else related to your favorite team, or invest time watching them... it's an investment. So when you see your investment being wasted because the organization that is the governing body over your team is performing poorly, we as fans deserve a right to be upset about it. I'm sorry you don't understand that, and I doubt you watched the game either... yet here you are trying to make me feel bad about my position. You're a troll. Period.

Forum List

Back