The New York Times goes full 1984

BackAgain

Neutronium Member & truth speaker #StopBrandon
Nov 11, 2021
Now a resident of a Red state! Hallelujah!
New York Times op-ed calls for more censorship in order to 'protect democracy'

Yeah. “Censorship! It’s for your own good.”

I’m so old I remember when The NY Times was a bastion of actual liberalism in its older sense. And I remember when liberalism entailed a hatred of censorship.

The Olde Gray Hag is a traitor.

1646721250731.png

They should rename their paper Pravda it's easier to spell and say than New York Times

*****SMILE*****

:)

I’m so old I remember when The NY Times was a bastion of actual liberalism in its older sense. And I remember when liberalism entailed a hatred of censorship.

You'll find its because of all the crap posted by bitter twisted republicans like what happens everyday on here.
Trump started it all and twitter stopped the dictator.
There is not enough censorship around that bullshit.

BA, censorship worked in NUTZI Deutschland & the NUTZI's were a demonocracy!

Last edited:
You'll find its because of all the crap posted by bitter twisted republicans like what happens everyday on here.

1646724109486.png

1646724052942.png

Can you do that with cadence while you're goosestepping in approval of censorship?

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Maybe it would be easier if the NYT just had a government sponsored office, and they can just tell everyone else which stories are acceptable for the current month's narrative?

:dunno:

67ucji.jpg

.o092.png

You’d find — IF you could find a working brain cell — that censorship is the tool of ignorant shits like you. Don’t try to justify it. It is patently wrong. Find your little tiny nadz. Oppose censorship.

Spoken like a true commie. The answer to speech you don't like is more speech, not less.

It does not surprise me that there are posters on this board who do not know the difference between a Times editorial and an op-ed from a guest columnist. One reflects the opinion of the newspaper and another does not not. Too many people have a knee jerk reaction when they read NYTs. No, the NYTs did not call for more censorship. The cited article was a guest essay not the opinion of the Times.

None in particular....Just picked a date out of thin air to illustrate how far back time goes to where the NYT had credibility.
I didn’t realize (back then) how biased they were not just in their editorial views and opinion pages, but in what they “report” and how they “report” it.

Forum List

Back