The Myth of an Overpopulated World

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
I won't bore you with the math, but if you put every human being on earth in Texas, Texas would have half the density of Manhattan.

I've learned the only people whining about overpopulation are those that do not travel.

Some parts of the world like Asia and Africa are getting there...The United states on the otherhand is around 160th out of 200 for density of the population. It is is under populated....

Don't know why immigration is such an important issue for America...I could see it for the Uk but not here.

i just don't like population growth caused by immigration into the USA . But otherwise i agree with you Weatherman . I was born in 49 and without looking i think that USA pop was ABOUT 150 million . When i became really aware of population in maybe 1970 it was about 210 million . Now today its probably about 310 million not counting the 20 or more millions of illegal aliens . Anyway , pop growth in the USA caused by foreigners limits RIGHTS and Freedoms plus causes more laws and that means more enforcers of the law which is detrimental to Freedom . -------------- off topic i suppose but just my perspective on Population in the USA !!

Every person on earth today could fit into Rhode Island. About 6 square feet per person.

Mark

Some parts of the world like Asia and Africa are getting there...The United states on the otherhand is around 160th out of 200 for density of the population. It is is under populated....

Don't know why immigration is such an important issue for America...I could see it for the Uk but not here.

While our Earth could support more people, I would rather limit population if we could. More people means more regulations, control, etc. There are too many people on this Earth to live harmoniously today, IMO.

Mark

While our Earth could support more people, I would rather limit population if we could. More people means more regulations, control, etc. There are too many people on this Earth to live harmoniously today, IMO.

Mark

Bullshit.

when i was growing up police were an after thought , some guys were COPS or 'citizens on patrol' but were also Claudia's old man . Now they are law ENFORCEMENT busy enforcing laws no matter what as they have computers and tracking of time and stops . It was much better when i was a kid . You might get a ride home to the old man who might kick your azz . Nowadays you might get thrown in jail on a hate speech complaint for verbally messing with a muslim or calling a transgendered a name in the USA .

You obviously have never been to Asia or Africa.
Now repeat after me:
ALL THE PEOPLE OF THE WORLD CAN EASILY FIT INTO TEXAS.
Repeat until understood.

I won't bore you with the math, but if you put every human being on earth in Texas, Texas would have half the density of Manhattan.

I've learned the only people whining about overpopulation are those that do not travel.
Oh, good lord.

Rational limits have nothing to do with how much space you have to stand on.

Oh, good lord.

Rational limits have nothing to do with how much space you have to stand on.
But crazy leftist hysterics do.

Mark
Translation: You fear change.

I don't fear change. I have seen what more population leads to. More rules, regulations, etc.

Mark
Ah, an anarchist. We all know what that leads to.

Mark
Translation: You fear change.

I don't fear change. I have seen what more population leads to. More rules, regulations, etc.

Mark
Ah, an anarchist. We all know what that leads to.

That is a hell of a conclusion to jump to. Whatever.

Mark

Mark

Bullshit.
On the contrary, your freedom extends to where the next persons feet begin. The closer those feet are, the less freedom you have. If you have only 4 people living along a river 400 miles long all urinate in the river, it doesn't make a bit of difference. If 4 million people live along the river, and all do that, you no longer have a river, just a big sewer that is a health hazard for all. And you have to have regulations to protect the people from their own actions.

As the population increases and people's feet get closer together, there is less freedom of action for all. Simple, physical effect.

No, the people who are creating such fear over world population are those who want control over those living in the world.

Stir up enough fear about dwindling natural resources, carbon emissions, and pollution, and you will get more support for a one world order to "save us" all.

No, the people who are creating such fear over world population are those who want control over those living in the world.

Stir up enough fear about dwindling natural resources, carbon emissions, and pollution, and you will get more support for a one world order to "save us" all.
True, but they also never wonder more than a couple of miles from their inner city home either.

I won't bore you with the math, but if you put every human being on earth in Texas, Texas would have half the density of Manhattan

And most of them would be dead within a few months.

The hypocrisy, it burns. Conservatives who scream their love of wide open spaces, telling everyone that superdense population is fantastic. So long as it's not around them, that is.

Forum List

Back