The myth of a "booming" economy that benefits everyone....

I have to hand it to the Trump swamp for their effectiveness in bullshitting a huge portion of this nation into believing that Trump is an economic "genius."

First, few republicans would readily admit that Trump inherited a pretty good economy from Obama; THAT would take some courage and we all know that they're too scared to show a spine.

Second, we have had to increase our huge debt by almost $2 TRILLION to basically benefit the very rich among us getting a PERMANENT tax cut which was used to buy back stock.....and less than 20% of Americans have any dealings with Wall Street.......AND, always remember what Trump told his wealthy friends at Mar-a-Lago after passing the tax scam..."I just made you guys a lot richer"....

Third, despite the rhetoric, wages increases are a damn joke.......with some fiscal quarters showing an increase of .07% and some others at 3%.......Look at it this way, for some families living on the minimum wage, the wage increase boils down to maybe $2 per day.

Fourth, the Feds are being "threatened" by Trump's tweets to NOT raise interest rates although inflation is a looming probability that will eventually hit our economy like an avalanche.

Fifth, the trade deals have been an abject failure, from NAFTA 2.0 to Americans farmers having to be subsidized for their rotting harvests and dairy farmers' profits being cut by 60%.

IF the only praises of a Trump administration is the "thriving" economy during the next election cycle, reality is going to be a real bitch.

Too bad that the 1% got far richer under Barry than they have under Trump, Gnat! Who do you think rode the stock market back from it's lows to it's highs with money they were able to borrow for next to nothing because THEY had credit? Duh?

As for the Fed? I don't really have a problem with them raising rates. It's what you do when you've got an economy that's growing so well that inflation becomes an issue! You'll note that wasn't an issue under Barack Obama's two terms! The Fed kept interest rates at near zero for the longest time in US history just to keep Barry's economies afloat. Any time they even hinted at raises the stock market would crater. Contrast that with what Trump has done...continuing to create jobs and grow the economy despite the Fed raising rates more often than any time in US history!

So why would any rational person want to put progressives back in charge of our economy, Gnat? They don't have a clue when it comes to economics.

I have to hand it to the Trump swamp for their effectiveness in bullshitting a huge portion of this nation into believing that Trump is an economic "genius."

First, few republicans would readily admit that Trump inherited a pretty good economy from Obama; THAT would take some courage and we all know that they're too scared to show a spine.

Second, we have had to increase our huge debt by almost $2 TRILLION to basically benefit the very rich among us getting a PERMANENT tax cut which was used to buy back stock.....and less than 20% of Americans have any dealings with Wall Street.......AND, always remember what Trump told his wealthy friends at Mar-a-Lago after passing the tax scam..."I just made you guys a lot richer"....

Third, despite the rhetoric, wages increases are a damn joke.......with some fiscal quarters showing an increase of .07% and some others at 3%.......Look at it this way, for some families living on the minimum wage, the wage increase boils down to maybe $2 per day.

Fourth, the Feds are being "threatened" by Trump's tweets to NOT raise interest rates although inflation is a looming probability that will eventually hit our economy like an avalanche.

Fifth, the trade deals have been an abject failure, from NAFTA 2.0 to Americans farmers having to be subsidized for their rotting harvests and dairy farmers' profits being cut by 60%.

IF the only praises of a Trump administration is the "thriving" economy during the next election cycle, reality is going to be a real bitch.

Too bad that the 1% got far richer under Barry than they have under Trump, Gnat! Who do you think rode the stock market back from it's lows to it's highs with money they were able to borrow for next to nothing because THEY had credit? Duh?

As for the Fed? I don't really have a problem with them raising rates. It's what you do when you've got an economy that's growing so well that inflation becomes an issue! You'll note that wasn't an issue under Barack Obama's two terms! The Fed kept interest rates at near zero for the longest time in US history just to keep Barry's economies afloat. Any time they even hinted at raises the stock market would crater. Contrast that with what Trump has done...continuing to create jobs and grow the economy despite the Fed raising rates more often than any time in US history!

So why would any rational person want to put progressives back in charge of our economy, Gnat? They don't have a clue when it comes to economics.
Hows our debt looking nowadays?

Suck's and has for years and years.

Yes agree Did trump say he'd eliminate it ?/ Seems to me it's even more now

Two logical rules regarding the debt

You don't give tax cuts in the midst of TWO costly wars (GWB)

You don't give tax cuts when the economy is slowly but steadily gaining strength (Trump)

Maybe if you lie just a little bit harder you can change reality and your party can take absolute power.... :eusa_whistle:

You don't give tax cuts when the economy is slowly but steadily gaining strength (Trump)
The only rule I have is not draw to an inside straight.
We are paying too much in taxes.....cut the damned spending, nat. true story

The jealousy of the Leftards is hilarious.

F31C4D25-D93C-4EB7-85CF-E8A38B41A1A8.jpeg

The only rule I have is not draw to an inside straight.
We are paying too much in taxes.....cut the damned spending, nat. true story
My only rule is never count my money when I'm sitting at the table

Yes agree Did trump say he'd eliminate it ?/ Seems to me it's even more now

Sounds good to me. What are you Democrats willing to give up to bring own the debt? Free college, paying off current college loans, and universal healthcare certainly won't do it.

Our debt sucks. My hope is that Trump addresses spending by the Federal Government in his second term. He's just enough of an outsider that he won't care about the entrenched Federal workers sponging off the public anymore. I'd love to see him treat the Federal Government like a business.

Our debt sucks. My hope is that Trump addresses spending by the Federal Government in his second term. He's just enough of an outsider that he won't care about the entrenched Federal workers sponging off the public anymore. I'd love to see him treat the Federal Government like a business.
Since when has a republican ever reduced our debt ?

The left know a booming economy and low unemployment virtually assures Trump will be re-elected in 2020. Naturally they are trying to spin all the historic economic news negative.

With a strong economy, the Left can only double down on class warfare and racial division.

It was the Republican Congress led by Newt Gingrich.

Under Bill Clinton

Under Bill Clinton

And sadly it will never happen again..never again will a Congress from one party work with the POTUS of the other. Clinton was the last time we have seen it and it will not happen again.

Now compromise and bipartisanship are bad words and will get a person "primaried".

Forum List

Back