CDZ The Most Important Four Words in Politics

JLW

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2012
All politics takes place on a slippery slope. The most important four words in politics are up to a point.
George Will

I am not a huge fan of George Will but he nailed it on the head with that pithy statement. Both Democrats and Republicans, liberals and conservatives, don’t seem to grasp the simple concept that there are limits. Just because you agree in part to some position does not mean you need to go to the extreme.

It is a concept no one these days seems to get.

Last edited:
That’s the problem with applying a broad brush.

The four most important words in politics?

GOVERNMENT IS THE PROBLEM
One can argue that government agencies need reforms, but government in itself is not the problem. This is what Will was talking about. Going to extremes.

Last edited:

One can argue that government agencies need reforms, but government in itself is not the problem. This what Will was talking about . Going to extremes.
Bwaaahhhaaaaaa.....Power corrupts , absolute power corrupts absolutely. The Democrats today are doing everything they can to destroy the will of the people, by using the FORCE of the government. But the Bill of Rights and the free people of this country are tired of having some (#$#%^$) hole liberal politican telling them what they can and cant do, while they the ($%#$#@) holes go around doing exactly when they tell others NOT to do. Double standards, without those (#$%#$) hole Democrats wouldnt have any standards at all.

Yep.....exactly.

For the democrat, you have these 4 words...

Government is our God.
Government became "We the corporations"
instead of "We the people"........that's the problem.
1593969153630.png

If Trump had won as a Democrat and beaten Jeb or Ted in 2016, the GOP would
be going after him the same way.

The Hillary vs Jeb scenario was their ideal "win - win" election.........I just didn't see it at first. But I'm a huge supporter of the president now, and never even watched Fox News before 2017.....there's been a paradigm shift that everyone hasn't caught onto yet.

Last edited:
One can argue that government agencies need reforms, but government in itself is not the problem. This is what Will was talking about. Going to extremes.

I can agree with this. We have a very good system of government - one with built in checks and balances designed to spread power and justice throughout federal, state and local governments rather than accumulating in the hands of a few.
I always wonder what exactly do folks mean when they say we need to 'transform' our system.

If Trump had won as a Democrat and beaten Jeb or Ted in 2016, the GOP would
be going after him the same way.

The Hillary vs Jeb scenario was their ideal "win - win" election.........I just didn't see it at first. But I'm a huge supporter of the president now, and never even watched Fox News before 2017.....there's been a paradigm shift that everyone hasn't caught onto yet.

The problem I have with your train of thought is that Trump's best friend is Rupert Murdoch. Murdoch owns the controlling stock in Fox News.

The problem I have with your train of thought is that Trump's best friend is Rupert Murdoch. Murdoch owns the controlling stock in Fox News.
I'm referring to Fox because they were the only honest news outlet
during 3 years of Russiagate and another year of Ukrainegate....it had nothing to do with Murdoch - all his commentators have free reign over their own shows.

No. The entire design of the government is flawed, and it can be corrected by reordering the system.

The Founders, and subsequent generations, did not have all of the information necessary for organizing a better system, nor the sophisticated man power. And so, the erroneous organization leads the legislators to this partisan strategy game, that we all recognize, that trickles down and causes the social chaos we endure - and then it cycles, because the improper proportional representation scheme leads the politicians to have to "fight" for their constituents.

How is that supposed to work??? How do they work together to compose legislation - how does that work?

The American legends that have been devised to lead us to believe that true justice is possible cannot be achieved under the direction of the 18th century three-part model. The exercise of the 1787 federal Constitution successfully lead to the end of slavery in America, and that was about all it was good for. The design of the government is inherently flawed, and cannot meet the demands of diversity that the nation has evolved to, nor the expectations of a relatively more sophisticated citizenry than the people of the 18th century.

Read the fucking Constitution.

How about you try reading it, and try to imagine how the different people are supposed to represent their constituents and do what it is you think they are supposed to do.

How do they agree to write legislation - how does that work?

Was it the secretaries who were supposed to write the legislation for the legislator to vote on???

Is that in the Constitution???

Forum List

Back