CDZ Has anyone here contracted covid19?

Please tell us about your experience and if you have advice that would be very cool!
Lets disect this disease if possible.
I haven't and I do not intend to.

People talk about herd immunity. When ~80-95% of the population has been infected with a novel respiratory virus like SARS CoV-2 and have developed antibodies the population may be considered to have a so-called herd immunity.

I do not intend to be among the herd. I intend to be among the 5% who does not get infected.

Please tell us about your experience and if you have advice that would be very cool!

People talk about herd immunity. When ~80-95% of the population has been infected with a novel respiratory virus like SARS CoV-2 and have developed antibodies the population may be considered to have a so-called herd immunity.

I do not intend to be among the herd. I intend to be among the 5% who does not get infected.
So how many got tested?

The real question is have you gotten seriously ill or know anyone who has gotten seriously ill and died that was diagnosed as Covid-19?

People get seriously ill from bad food but we don't close all restaurants.

People get seriously ill from the flu but we don't close a nation.

I've seen or known NO ONE who had gotten SICK from Covid much less died. I've talked to ONE person in another state who was ill late winter and THINKS it might have been Covid, and one other here who says he had Covid and it was like a cold and no big deal.

The national shutdown and fear and fascism marches on.

I intend to be among the 5% who does not get infected.
How do you intend to do that?
By taking precautions. A prophylactic HCQ regime+social distancing+wearing a respirator when I go to places like a grocery store or wherever. Just common sense stuff like that.

And I am married now, so I am not going to be making out with a different woman every day like I used to.

This is doable.

I got it in February, flying to a ski trip. It hit about 4 days in, with flue like symptoms. Made me miss about 3 days of skiing, when could only attempt 1 run each on final 2 days of trip before having to admit, to dangerous to be on those slopes at that altitude, on skis with fever, and the amazing weakness. Drank a lot of chicken noodle soup (my go-to miracle drug for fever and congestion). Two others in party (they were on same connecting flight to Dallas) were hit, day after me. When highly congested I force deep full breaths to fully expand lungs, even though makes me cough. Forced myself to eat even though not hungry and pushed fluids. Not pleasant. AT night tried to sweat it out and changed clothes under the layers of blanket and comforters, stacking changes on chair beside bed before bed time. Felt some better after landing in Memphis, attributed it to difference of living with it at 10-13,000 ft vs 220 ft. My friends went to doctor and were told they had flue, without COVID-19 testing available back then. I continued to improve without doctor over next week and a half to mostly normal, with some residual ear ringing and balance issues. Got tested for anti-bodies a few weeks ago, LabCorp positive, told to quarrantine, checked for current Covid infection, returned negative. Provided documentation to Lifeline and donated convalescent plasma last week. Have been donating blood and plasma since my mid 20s. Doubt there is much to learn from my experience. The three that got it were and are in unusual good shape for our ages, all 20 plus year active/reserve/retired Army Officers, all having served overseas and been repeatedly vaccinated for everything under the sun since our early 20s. The active LTC (youngest) sounded worse with all the same symptoms and fever, actually missed only the last day skiing, but had to miss work on return. She's a piece of work, just like her sister, my wife.

By taking precautions. A prophylactic HCQ regime+social distancing+wearing a respirator when I go to places like a grocery store or wherever. Just common sense stuff like that.

And I am married now, so I am not going to be making out with a different woman every day like I used to.

This is doable.
and you plan to do all that for the rest of your life, is that it?

I got it in February, flying to a ski trip. It hit about 4 days in, with flue like symptoms. Made me miss about 3 days of skiing, when could only attempt 1 run each on final 2 days of trip before having to admit, to dangerous to be on those slopes at that altitude, on skis with fever, and the amazing weakness. Drank a lot of chicken noodle soup (my go-to miracle drug for fever and congestion). Two others in party (they were on same connecting flight to Dallas) were hit, day after me. When highly congested I force deep full breaths to fully expand lungs, even though makes me cough. Forced myself to eat even though not hungry and pushed fluids. Not pleasant. AT night tried to sweat it out and changed clothes under the layers of blanket and comforters, stacking changes on chair beside bed before bed time. Felt some better after landing in Memphis, attributed it to difference of living with it at 10-13,000 ft vs 220 ft. My friends went to doctor and were told they had flue, without COVID-19 testing available back then. I continued to improve without doctor over next week and a half to mostly normal, with some residual ear ringing and balance issues. Got tested for anti-bodies a few weeks ago, LabCorp positive, told to quarrantine, checked for current Covid infection, returned negative. Provided documentation to Lifeline and donated convalescent plasma last week. Have been donating blood and plasma since my mid 20s. Doubt there is much to learn from my experience. The three that got it were and are in unusual good shape for our ages, all 20 plus year active/reserve/retired Army Officers, all having served overseas and been repeatedly vaccinated for everything under the sun since our early 20s. The active LTC (youngest) sounded worse with all the same symptoms and fever, actually missed only the last day skiing, but had to miss work on return. She's a piece of work, just like her sister, my wife.
Sorry to hear that. Did you lose your sense of taste and smell? And do you feel any residual effects with lung capacity?

I may have had it before the recognized outbreak. Got flu symptoms, turned to pneumonia. Coughed up blood went to ER, CT scan, etc. Was given meds, got over it quickly.

Haven't heard of anyone I know getting it. But one coworker had a bad respiratory issue during late February about the same time I had minor bronchitis and just assumed it was my yearly cold.

It pretty much is at the bottom of my list of things to be concerned about.

This is doable.
and you plan to do all that for the rest of your life, is that it?
Nope. I don't think that will be necessary.

Sorry to hear that. Did you lose your sense of taste and smell? And do you feel any residual effects with lung capacity?
Some sense of taste at the time, though totally normal now, but do not remember losing sense of smell. I think I tire a little faster than before, but that could just be natural heading toward 66 in a little over two months. Haven't tried any long distance overnight kayak trips this year to know for sure. When I tire, I come in and take "old man" nap for a couple of hours to recharge, if not in social situation, where I just put up a good front, but know internally running on margin.

Not us. No one I know has it, but we all know how it's getting worse here, but you never see anyone who has it or know them. They are invisible and likely held in another dimension. Thus the left are killing the country.

I believe my wife and I had it. If not, it was one hell of a coincidence. Regardless, I'm not forking out 100 dollars for a test that may or not be reliable.

Lets disect [sic] this disease if possible.

The call center where my wife works seems to be well-optimized for making sure that any contagious disease with which any worker shows up, will soon spread to every other worker there. She's always getting sick, with various flu-like illnesses. Before my injury last September, I rarely got sick, no matter what germs my wife brought home to me. Since my injury, my immune system has become much weaker, and now, when she gets sick, I almost always get at least as sick as she does.

It was in late March that she came home early, one day,freaking out. She was ill, yet again, and this time,the symptoms almost exactly matched those of the #CoronaHoax2020 illness. She had stopped by several clinics on the way home, trying to get sen or tested, and was turned away each time.

She was eventually, a few days later, able to get an online consultation with a doctor. No biological testing was done, of course, but based on the conversation with that doctor, the discussion of symptoms, it was concluded that she very likely did have the #CoronaHoax illness.

So, she self-quarantined for two weeks. The actual illness only lasted a few days,and was considerably milder than most of the illnesses that she is always getting. There is, of course, no way for one of us to have a contagious disease without exposing the other to it. I never showed any symptoms of this one. I have a device that I was given,when I was in the hospital for my broken leg, for measuring lung capacity. As reduced lung capacity is one of the definitive symptoms of the #CoronaHoax2020, I took to using that device daily, to measure my lungs. My lungs remained as strong as ever, and it seems that I was generally healthier during that time, than I have mostly been since my injury. If what my wife had was the #CoronaHoax virus, then there is no way that I could have avoided being exposed to it. Obviously, my immune system was able to fight it off very easily, and perhaps the exposure somehow kicked my immune system into greater activity to better protect me from other illnesses as well. In fact, I think I have generally been healthier since that time, than I was between that time and the time I was injured, though still not as healthy as I was before my injury.

Good luck with that.

If the #CoronaHoax2020 virus is anywhere close to as contagious as we've been told that it is, then the only way you're going to avoid ever being infected with it is to cower in place in your home, like a worthless coward, and never come out and have any contact with anyone.

I think everyone is going to get it, eventually, no matter what we do to try to avoid it. Everyone who is weak enough to suffer serious harm from it is going to suffer serious harm. Everyone who is weak enough to die from it is going to die. But for the overwhelming vast majority of us, we're just going to experience a mild illness, if we experience any symptoms at all.

Just like every year, with every new flu strain that comes out.

Those of you who think you're going to avoid it are just fooling yourselves, at considerable economic, social, and psychological cost, to yourself, and to others.

Lets disect [sic] this disease if possible.

The call center where my wife works seems to be well-optimized for making sure that any contagious disease with which any worker shows up, will soon spread to every other worker there. She's always getting sick, with various flu-like illnesses. Before my injury last September, I rarely got sick, no matter what germs my wife brought home to me. Since my injury, my immune system has become much weaker, and now, when she gets sick, I almost always get at least as sick as she does.

It was in late March that she came home early, one day,freaking out. She was ill, yet again, and this time,the symptoms almost exactly matched those of the #CoronaHoax2020 illness. She had stopped by several clinics on the way home, trying to get sen or tested, and was turned away each time.

She was eventually, a few days later, able to get an online consultation with a doctor. No biological testing was done, of course, but based on the conversation with that doctor, the discussion of symptoms, it was concluded that she very likely did have the #CoronaHoax illness.

So, she self-quarantined for two weeks. The actual illness only lasted a few days,and was considerably milder than most of the illnesses that she is always getting. There is, of course, no way for one of us to have a contagious disease without exposing the other to it. I never showed any symptoms of this one. I have a device that I was given,when I was in the hospital for my broken leg, for measuring lung capacity. As reduced lung capacity is one of the definitive symptoms of the #CoronaHoax2020, I took to using that device daily, to measure my lungs. My lungs remained as strong as ever, and it seems that I was generally healthier during that time, than I have mostly been since my injury. If what my wife had was the #CoronaHoax virus, then there is no way that I could have avoided being exposed to it. Obviously, my immune system was able to fight it off very easily, and perhaps the exposure somehow kicked my immune system into greater activity to better protect me from other illnesses as well. In fact, I think I have generally been healthier since that time, than I was between that time and the time I was injured, though still not as healthy as I was before my injury.
What ever made you think that coronavirus was a hoax? Is your area so free of infection and without deaths from it, that your community has no evidence of the effects? Is it just because trump would like you to think it is a hoax or that he is such a stable, truthful genius that you trust his word above all else? Do you think all the dead people in other countries and this one is just a Democratic plot? I would really like to understand you position on the questions. Obviously, if it is a political thing, than it is more akin to a religious belief of faith, not requiring evidence, but accepted on faith. I am pretty sure nobody on a message board could shake your faith, if that is the case and I certainly would not try.

Forum List

Back