The Modern David vs. Goliath

A quick peek at what the Leftist/Liberal/Progressive's money can buy:

As of 2004, an alphabetical list of Shadow Party groups included the following:

Air America
Radio; America Coming Together; America Votes; American Constitution Society; American
Federation of Labor - Congress of Industrial Organizations; American Federation of State, County and
Municipal Employees; American Federation of Teachers; Anshell Media; Association of Community
Organizations for Reform Now; Association of Trial Lawyers of America; Band of Progressives; Brady
Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence; Campaign for a Progressive Future; Campaign for America's
Future; Center for American Progress; Clean Water Action; Communication Workers of America; The
Constitution Project; DASH PAC; Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund; Democracy for America;
Democratic Governors Associations; Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee; Democratic
Senatorial Campaign Committee; Dog Eat Dog Films; EMILY's List; Environment
2004; Gore/Lieberman Recount Committee; Hotel Employees & Restaurant Employees International
Union; the Human Rights Campaign; INdTV; International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers; Joint
Victory Campaign 2004; Laborers International Union of North American; League of Conservation
Voters; New Democrat Network; The Media Fund; Media Matters for America; Million Mom March;
Moving America Forward; MoveOn.org; Music for America; National Association for the
Advancement of Colored People; NARAL Pro-Choice America; National Education Association;
National Grassroots Alliance; National Jewish Democratic Council; National Treasury Employees
Union; New American Optimists; New Democrat Network; Partnership for America's Families; People for the American Way; Phoenix Group; Planned Parenthood; Pro-Choice Vote; Service Employees
International Union; Sheet Metal Workers International Association; Sierra Club; The Thunder Road
Group; United Food & Commercial Workers Union; United Progressive Alliance; USAction; Vagina
Votes; Voices for Working Families; Vote for Change; Young Voter Alliance; and 21st Century
Democrats.
http://www.churchmilitant.tv/cia/02fake/102.pdf

As I've said before, populism is a crutch for those unwilling to think critically.

Try not to say it again.

You appear to be one of those really boring people who use their fingers to air-quote as they speak.
True?

Nope.

You appear to be one of those fake intellectuals that makes emotional, rhetorical claims pretending to be logical and rational, then resorts to ad hom attacks when anyone challenges them.

True?

As I've said before, populism is a crutch for those unwilling to think critically.

Try not to say it again.

You appear to be one of those really boring people who use their fingers to air-quote as they speak.
True?

Nope.

You appear to be one of those fake intellectuals that makes emotional, rhetorical claims pretending to be logical and rational, then resorts to ad hom attacks when anyone challenges them.

True?

1. "You appear to be one of those fake intellectuals..."
On what possible basis would a dunce like you recognize any form of intellectual....fake or otherwise?

2. "... then resorts to ad hom attacks..."
Au contraire....I don't 'resort'.....I 'leap' to.

You call them ad hominem attacks, I call them descriptions....

I can be nicer....if you can be smarter.

3. But....to save you stress, the next time I feel the urge to so identify you, remember this advice:

On the keyboard of life, always keep one finger on the escape key.

And for those who think that the Left only doles out Nobel Peace Prizes, and academic tenure......

"Right-Wing Documentaries Left in the Dark at Film Festivals

“It’s no secret that in terms of documentaries, film festivals tend to skew more toward liberal or progressive subjects,” Schnack says. “I had one (programmer) tell me they couldn’t stand the sight of the people in (‘Caucus’). I took them at their word that that was why they weren’t screening the film. I’m sure that’s not the only case where that happened.”
Right-Wing Documentaries Left in the Dark at Film Festivals | Variety

And here is a bit of irony:

Where are all those Leftists who used to complain about some Hollywood blacklist???

Try not to say it again.

True?

Nope.

True?

On what possible basis would a dunce like you recognize any form of intellectual....fake or otherwise?

3. But....to save you stress, the next time I feel the urge to so identify you, remember this advice:

More blather, no content.

When I say that populism is for the weak-minded, I refer to the idea that it - at first look - fails as a logical fallacy. It's a false decision.

It appeals to people because it lets them feel good about themselves. Look at your thread title - who doesn't want to see themselves as the underdog hero going against the evil giant, to play the part of the "David" going up against the "Goliath". It's the same appeal that conspiracy theories have - and also allows you to blame everything wrong on those "elites", convincing yourself that all of your problems come from the evil plans of the elites.

Let's look at your OP. Replace "progressives" with "Jews", and you get Nazi Germany. Replace it with "Bourgeoisie", and you get Soviet Russia. All of the biggest human tragedies since the French Revolution have been directly due to populism.

Nope.

True?

When I say that populism is for the weak-minded, I refer to the idea that it - at first look - fails as a logical fallacy. It's a false decision.

It appeals to people because it lets them feel good about themselves. Look at your thread title - who doesn't want to see themselves as the underdog hero going against the evil giant, to play the part of the "David" going up against the "Goliath". It's the same appeal that conspiracy theories have - and also allows you to blame everything wrong on those "elites", convincing yourself that all of your problems come from the evil plans of the elites.

Let's look at your OP. Replace "progressives" with "Jews", and you get Nazi Germany. Replace it with "Bourgeoisie", and you get Soviet Russia. All of the biggest human tragedies since the French Revolution have been directly due to populism.

Why do you insist on going out of your way to verify everything I've revealed about you?

1. Are you a dope?

Let's see.

You wrote "More blather, no content."

Then you write "Let's look at your OP. Replace blah blah blah...."....arguing with the content.

Yup...you're a dope.

2. Now to rip your post some more....gee...it is the proverbial beating a dead horse, huh.

But...it feels good, and can't resist the temptation.

So...you post: "who doesn't want to see themselves as the underdog hero going against the evil giant, to play the part of the "David" going up against the "Goliath".

But my content-rich well constructed series of posts clearly document the Liberal/Progressive/DeathPanelDemocrat communists as Goliaths to the conservative's David in these areas:

a. funding

b. lobbyists

c. organization

d. not in the posts, because it is well understood, the media and the schools.

Documented.

3. One more...then I'll think of a suitable ad hominem to make you feel at home....
This gem:
"All of the biggest human tragedies since the French Revolution have been directly due to..."

You should have ended the sentence with 'the French Revolution."
You know, the provenance of Liberals/Progressives....and some others:

a. [Robespierre] “is the prototype of a particularly odious kind of evildoer: the ideologue who believes that reason and morality are on the side of his butcheries. Lenin, Stalin, Hitler, Mao, and Pol Pot are of the same mold. They are the characteristic scourges of humanity in modern times, but Robespierre has a good claim to being the first.”
Why Robespierre Chose Terror by John Kekes, City Journal Spring 2006

b. "If the French revolution was the end of monarchy and aristocratic privilege and the emergence of the common man and democratic rights, it was also the beginnings of modern totalitarian government and large-scale executions of "enemies of the People" by impersonal government entities (Robespierre's "Committee of Public Safety"). This legacy would not reach its fullest bloom until the tragic arrival of the German Nazis and Soviet and Chinese communists of the 20th century."
French Revolution - Robespierre, and the Legacy of the Reign of Terror

And, to borrow from Edmond Rostand...."as I end my refrain, thrust home...."

You would be out of your depth in a parking-lot puddle.

Why do you insist on going out of your way to verify everything I've revealed about you?

1. Are you a dope?

Let's see.

Then you write "Let's look at your OP. Replace blah blah blah...."....arguing with the content.

Yup...you're a dope.

2. Now to rip your post some more....gee...it is the proverbial beating a dead horse, huh.

So...you post: "who doesn't want to see themselves as the underdog hero going against the evil giant, to play the part of the "David" going up against the "Goliath".

But my content-rich well constructed series of posts clearly document the Liberal/Progressive/DeathPanelDemocrat communists as Goliaths to the conservative's David in these areas:

a. funding

b. lobbyists

c. organization

Documented.

3. One more...then I'll think of a suitable ad hominem to make you feel at home....
This gem:
"All of the biggest human tragedies since the French Revolution have been directly due to..."

a. [Robespierre] “is the prototype of a particularly odious kind of evildoer: the ideologue who believes that reason and morality are on the side of his butcheries. Lenin, Stalin, Hitler, Mao, and Pol Pot are of the same mold. They are the characteristic scourges of humanity in modern times, but Robespierre has a good claim to being the first.”

b. "If the French revolution was the end of monarchy and aristocratic privilege and the emergence of the common man and democratic rights, it was also the beginnings of modern totalitarian government and large-scale executions of "enemies of the People" by impersonal government entities (Robespierre's "Committee of Public Safety"). This legacy would not reach its fullest bloom until the tragic arrival of the German Nazis and Soviet and Chinese communists of the 20th century."

I see you're dead set on proving my point.

I should have known better than expecting intellectual honest from you.

1. Are you a dope?

Let's see.

Yup...you're a dope.

a. funding

b. lobbyists

c. organization

Documented.

This gem:

Of the two of you, PoliticalChic is the one who has posted anything of substance. Can you answer her or can't you?

1. Are you a dope?

Let's see.

Yup...you're a dope.

a. funding

b. lobbyists

c. organization

Documented.

This gem:

I love to be helpful......so, some advice:

Dump the Russell avi and put up a pic of a donkey.

It would be correct on so many levels!

(Pssst.....don't use the front end.)

Need more helpful advice?

Sure.....

Next time you go to a mind reader try and remember that you are entitled to a substantial discount.

1. Are you a dope?

Let's see.

Yup...you're a dope.

a. funding

b. lobbyists

c. organization

Documented.

This gem:

Of the two of you, PoliticalChic is the one who has posted anything of substance. Can you answer her or can't you?

wegggy.....careful or we're gonna get flagged for piling on!

1. Are you a dope?

Let's see.

Yup...you're a dope.

a. funding

b. lobbyists

c. organization

Documented.

This gem:

What am I supposed to "answer", exactly?

Oh, is that a rule? Okay.

And I prefer the traditional seventh grade spelling. Wedgie. That name fits me more snuggly.

As with nearly everything else PC has posted, this is also wrong.

There is no rule against "piling on".

It's just another rhetorical trick as an attempt to undermine my position (as a moderator and poster) without actually addressing my post.

Last edited:

And I prefer the traditional seventh grade spelling. Wedgie. That name fits me more snuggly.

It's just another rhetorical trick as an attempt to undermine my position (as a moderator and poster) without actually addressing my post.

IT-WAS-A-JOKE.

I'm fluent in both English and sarcasm.

I think you're both brilliant and very attractive.

"As with nearly everything else PC has posted, this is also wrong."

Oh....never mind.

I think you're both brilliant and very attractive.

"As with nearly everything else PC has posted, this is also wrong."

Oh....never mind.

The key word there is "nearly".

Out of the night,
When the full moon is bright,
Comes the bane of the right
The capitalist known as Soros
This bold renegade
Carves an "S" with his blade,
An "S" that stands for Soros

Soros, Soros, the Robin Hood of the oppressed
Soros, Soros who makes the sign of the S