The "Model Minority"

That doesn't mean they are "most"

I grew up in a neighborhood that was transitioning from Irish/Italian/German white to Taiwanese/Korean, and most of them were at best middle class/tradesmen when they came over.
So, by your own account, these are middle class foreigners competing with poor and disenfranchised people.

See the advantage there?

I said "at best"

Nope. Racist whites use Asians as puppets. Most of them don't like it.
Blacks have far more animosity toward asians based on jealousy

and the jealousy comes from asians achieving more economic success than black people
I'm black dumb ass. I think I know what blacks have. So listen real close white man, whites use Asians as puppets. Most of them don't like it. As far as Asians achieving more economic success, not so. And we have done our work against continued backlash from whites like you who are still mad that we dare fight for complete equality. Meanwhile you have tried making Asians into racial mascots by allowing the ones with money and advanced educations to immigrate here on H1B visas then hire them for high paying jobs you don't hire equally qualified blacks for then dumb whites like you talk shit.

Here are words from an Asian citizen.

" Current Asian American history is not marked by the blatantly discriminatory laws of the past, which prevented them from immigrating, becoming naturalized citizens, marrying, owning land, and testifying against white Americans in court. However, phobic attitudes and discriminatory policies persist. As Richard Fung has observed, old racist stereotypes of Asian inscrutability, unfair competition, cultural unassimilability, and sexual perversity are displaced onto every new group of Asian immigrants and in every new crisis: the most recently arrived refugees of U.S. wars in Southeast Asia find themselves being called "Chinks" and "Japs" as they step into a historical situation they had no part in making (Fung, 1998: 2). In recent years, resentment and hatred have become ever more visible against Asians and Latinos, who are still thought by many to be inferior, alien, and all alike."

"A pair of comments that white people often made remains stubbornly in my memory: "At least you are not black," or "You should be grateful that you are not black." These comments, I think, convey the particular kind of racism Asian Americans should recognize and challenge. While being encouraged to feel superior to African Americans, Asian Americans are being positioned in a racial hierarchy meant to perpetuate white privilege at the expense of both Asian and African Americans.

What seems to infuriate some people the most is the thought of an ungrateful Asian American siding with other people of color, presumably against whites. They want to hold onto their notion of Asian Americans as docile honorary white people whose very existence proves that other people of color are lazy and stupid and that racism does not exist in U.S. society. If you love African Americans so much, why don’t you go back to Asia? According to this logic, Asian American affinities with African Americans and acknowledgment of the history of enslavement, segregation, and discrimination equal negation of "America," which can only be coded as "white."

And some of the same Asians whose parents got to immigrate here on a special program bitch about Affirmative Action.

Your ignorance precedes you boy.

Blacks have far more animosity toward asians based on jealousy

and the jealousy comes from asians achieving more economic success than black people
I'm black dumb ass. I think I know what blacks have. So listen real close white man, whites use Asians as puppets. Most of them don't like it. As far as Asians achieving more economic success, not so. And we have done our work against continued backlash from whites like you who are still mad that we dare fight for complete equality. Meanwhile you have tried making Asians into racial mascots by allowing the ones with money and advanced educations to immigrate here on H1B visas then hire them for high paying jobs you don't hire equally qualified blacks for then dumb whites like you talk shit.

Here are words from an Asian citizen.

" Current Asian American history is not marked by the blatantly discriminatory laws of the past, which prevented them from immigrating, becoming naturalized citizens, marrying, owning land, and testifying against white Americans in court. However, phobic attitudes and discriminatory policies persist. As Richard Fung has observed, old racist stereotypes of Asian inscrutability, unfair competition, cultural unassimilability, and sexual perversity are displaced onto every new group of Asian immigrants and in every new crisis: the most recently arrived refugees of U.S. wars in Southeast Asia find themselves being called "Chinks" and "Japs" as they step into a historical situation they had no part in making (Fung, 1998: 2). In recent years, resentment and hatred have become ever more visible against Asians and Latinos, who are still thought by many to be inferior, alien, and all alike."

"A pair of comments that white people often made remains stubbornly in my memory: "At least you are not black," or "You should be grateful that you are not black." These comments, I think, convey the particular kind of racism Asian Americans should recognize and challenge. While being encouraged to feel superior to African Americans, Asian Americans are being positioned in a racial hierarchy meant to perpetuate white privilege at the expense of both Asian and African Americans.

What seems to infuriate some people the most is the thought of an ungrateful Asian American siding with other people of color, presumably against whites. They want to hold onto their notion of Asian Americans as docile honorary white people whose very existence proves that other people of color are lazy and stupid and that racism does not exist in U.S. society. If you love African Americans so much, why don’t you go back to Asia? According to this logic, Asian American affinities with African Americans and acknowledgment of the history of enslavement, segregation, and discrimination equal negation of "America," which can only be coded as "white."

And some of the same Asians whose parents got to immigrate here on a special program bitch about Affirmative Action.

What is so terrible is that politics has become so divisive as to cause civil discourse. Most people have some things in common with each other. It is tragic we can not be a bit nicer. Even with all of this, there are many who have learned nothing in all groups. And those who have done wrong to others in the past are very few to stand up and admit it.

I heard many times African American verbally abusing Asians. Many times in their faces I saw.
Same here

the preferred insult by blacks to asians is “chink”

and they apply that to koreans, vietnamese, and chinese

Your ignorance comes from dependence on Berkley bots like Elaine H. Kim to do your thinking for you

she wrote that bullshit 20 years ago, but the ivory tower academics have not wised up much since then

We have some Asians in here who have sold out and spew white racist bullshit. But:

In April 2020, the Asian American unemployment rate spiked to 14.3%, while the unemployment rate among white Americans rose to a lesser degree at 13.8%, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor.

Gary Lin, a Chinese-American business owner in New York City, has been working through the coronavirus crisis to keep his ramen restaurant afloat. He is worried about getting sick and bringing the virus to his family, but has remained partially open for takeout services as rent and bills pile up.

On top of the financial struggles, Lin said he and his employees have also been facing harassment due to their Asian background and that business was already down as early as February.

"We did receive some phone calls, you know, I don't know who is calling me just asking, ‘Can I order coronavirus?’ or something like that,” Lin told ABC News. He said one of his employees was even attacked while doing his laundry, “just because he’s Chinese.”

Hai Shian Peng, a Chinese-American business owner who operates two hot pot restaurants in New York City that have closed amid the pandemic, described a similar experience to Lin's.

Peng said that some of his employees were “attacked” and “yelled at” while taking the train home from work due to their Asian background.

He also said he and his son also experienced a confrontation in early March when they got “yelled at” while walking on the street in Chinatown at night and since then, they “have not stepped out at nighttime anymore.”

Asian Americans face coronavirus 'double whammy': Skyrocketing unemployment and discrimination

U.S. Unemployment Rate Falls Despite Pandemic—But Not for Blacks and Asians

Unemployment across the U.S. has declined as the easing of coronavirus lockdown measures boosted work opportunities. But for black and Asian communities, job losses continued to rise.

According to figures released Friday morning by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the official unemployment rate in May fell to 13.3 percent, down from 14.7 percent in April.

does the bullshit from the left never cease?

if asians are being hated much of it is coming from black people

Indeed I would most is coming from black prejudice
I heard many times African American verbally abusing Asians. Many times in their faces I saw. And the mocking of the language Asians spoke that African Americans used gibberish. You hate them. You hate whites. And you can't stand Jewish people.

blacks hate themselves too.

We have some Asians in here who have sold out and spew white racist bullshit. But:

In April 2020, the Asian American unemployment rate spiked to 14.3%, while the unemployment rate among white Americans rose to a lesser degree at 13.8%, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor.

Gary Lin, a Chinese-American business owner in New York City, has been working through the coronavirus crisis to keep his ramen restaurant afloat. He is worried about getting sick and bringing the virus to his family, but has remained partially open for takeout services as rent and bills pile up.

On top of the financial struggles, Lin said he and his employees have also been facing harassment due to their Asian background and that business was already down as early as February.

"We did receive some phone calls, you know, I don't know who is calling me just asking, ‘Can I order coronavirus?’ or something like that,” Lin told ABC News. He said one of his employees was even attacked while doing his laundry, “just because he’s Chinese.”

Hai Shian Peng, a Chinese-American business owner who operates two hot pot restaurants in New York City that have closed amid the pandemic, described a similar experience to Lin's.

Peng said that some of his employees were “attacked” and “yelled at” while taking the train home from work due to their Asian background.

He also said he and his son also experienced a confrontation in early March when they got “yelled at” while walking on the street in Chinatown at night and since then, they “have not stepped out at nighttime anymore.”

Asian Americans face coronavirus 'double whammy': Skyrocketing unemployment and discrimination

U.S. Unemployment Rate Falls Despite Pandemic—But Not for Blacks and Asians

Unemployment across the U.S. has declined as the easing of coronavirus lockdown measures boosted work opportunities. But for black and Asian communities, job losses continued to rise.

According to figures released Friday morning by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the official unemployment rate in May fell to 13.3 percent, down from 14.7 percent in April.

Roof tong 198964

Forum List

Back