The Media Matrix

MisterBeale

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2012
I was going to post this in my Stay Informed thread, but it seems like it is a terrific, multi-part documentary that is not to be missed. I also thought about putting it into the philosophy section, or the history section, for it is more, really about the history, and evolution of how media has evolved, and how it has shaped the reality of civilization, and our perceptions of what we are as living creatures.

I have sometimes given this thought myself, as I have grown older. I have even had conversations with folks, both older, and younger than myself, as they have had a completely different experiences in life, and perceptions OF live, than myself. This is mostly because of the rapid evolution of media in the modern era. I do believe this is unique in the whole of the history of humanity.

I highly recommend the documentary videos in this thread. They will be labeled, with, "The Media Matrix," but there is an introductory video to the series, links to transcripts, and an interview about the series that prefaces them . . . so far. There might be more content to come yet. I have read there are six videos (Six hours in total,) to this series, only two have dropped so far, so I will up-date this as thing progress.

I remember when my grandmother was still alive, we used to talk, about how the mindset of society has changed, once folks adapted wide-spread, habitual listening to the radio. And my folks, said much the same, about when they got their first b&w boob tubes. Many on this forum, might even recall when they were younger, and had no T.V. when they were very little?

I can still remember a time growing up, when we only had, three channels. This documentary, goes back even further. Imagine how different the mindset of humans, when, not only did very few read, but the printed word did not exist. My kid does not remember a time before computers. Media? Has the ability to create, and transmit, across time & space. As you read this, I may be asleep, be doing something else, who knows where or when I exist in time and space, yet you read this. I am not actually here, with you. SO media, creates, artificial realities.

At no other time in history, are we becoming more acutely aware of this, than now. Some? More than others. Reality? Is what we create.

This youngest generation, it would seem, even wants to take that to the furthest extent. Some even have the belief they can be fluffy, furry animals, or any gender they want? The truth, to them, as they are being taught from the TEE VEE, and social media? Is anything you want it to be, and can make it be.

. . ah, now I seem to be getting a little too far a field from the point. Which is, now, reality seems to be, what every the meta-verse makes possible, and the only way to escape, and to find what is real truth, is to leave it all behind? The intro video and interview in the next two posts are mostly just for those that like really deep analysis and conversation, but I do, highly recommend the documentary that follows. . . .

Posted shortly. First? Dinner.

yer such a tease Mr B......

~S~
Yeah yeah. I'll get to it.

Here is that intro.

You can, of course, go directly to James' website, and watch the first two episodes. I am super impressed with the first episode. When I watched his intro to them? I had gotten the impression that he was going to make them pay-walled.

I follow his work pretty regularly, so I knew he was working on another big project, as he was not releasing stuff on his site with his regularity that he usually does. I am a big fan of his documentaries. I particularly like his "The WWI Conspiracy (2018)," and of course, the one that triggered both the left and right pundits in the establishment media during the Trump administration, and basically forced Google to implement search algorithms so that YouTube forces videos only from Google sponsored creators and establishment media networks to now show up in searches and suggested videos, which was his, "Century of Enslavement: The History of the Federal Reserve (2014)." I think if you put those terms in YouTube's search bar, exact words, just like that, you can still find a mirror of them, (as they have now just given up and deleted him.)

But here is a link to all the documentaries. Corbett Report Documentaries - The Corbett Report

Anyway, I was surprised, nope, he is making some of that content, free, as usual. I think he takes it from this pay-walled course, he is a teacher by trade, and teaches at some institution in Japan. I believe he used to teach in Canada.

Episode 420 - Mass Media: A History

Corbett • 07/12/2022
Following are the course notes for the students of my Mass Media: A History course.

James Corbett of The Corbett Report presents Mass Media: A History, an online course examining the history of media, exploring media's impact on society, and revealing where technological developments in media technology are taking us in the future. If you like The Corbett Report documentaries, you'll love this detailed deep dive into one of the most important topics facing humanity in the 21st century.

. . . and, here is that interview.

I really enjoyed this. It was enlightening. And entertaining. It made me interested enough to watch that first episode. And WOW, the first episode was stunning. I still have to find time to get to the second one. . . too much farting around and creating information for this site.

Interview 1736 - James Corbett on Media, Truth and Power

Corbett • 07/27/2022
"James talks to Alison Morrow about his new documentary series, The Media Matrix. They discuss the history of the mass media, its effects on the population, how media power translates to political power, the printing press' role in the creation of the nation-state and the electronic media's role in the creation of globalization, where media technology is heading and how people can defend themselves against the dehumanization influence of electronic media."

Last edited:
Episode One.

I'll post the next one when I get done watching it myself. I want to be able to discuss anything I post.

Episode 421 - The Gutenberg Conspiracy (The Media Matrix — Part 1)

Corbett • 07/18/2022
"From the Renaissance to the Reformation, from the fall of feudalism to the rise of capitalism, from the Scientific Revolution to the Industrial Revolution, from the way we order our thoughts to what we choose to think about, nothing survived the printing revolution intact. Our world is the world that the printing press has created."

Damn, that was so good. (Just fascinating, the little tidbits, even where the title of this episode came from.)

Such an insight on the insanity and unreality that has become our world.

If I had to guess, there will only be three episodes, summing up the six hour pay-walled course, but we can only guess.

Anyway. . . Part II. We'll have to wait till next week for Part III.

Episode 422 - What Hath God Wrought (The Media Matrix — Part 2)

Corbett • 07/25/2022
"It's difficult for us to appreciate just how incredible it was for those who first witnessed communication from a distance with a disembodied electric ghost. In fact, it was almost impossible for people to understand this type of communication in anything but spiritual terms. Even the word "medium" evokes the specter of contact with the spirit world. . . ."

Yes, and I am very close to doing exactly that. They say ignorance is bliss and it may be the best way to survive. As it is, with today's technology, we are just being directed to someone else's alternate reality that is nowhere near real.
I'm not sure it is really, "ignorance," per se, though. That is part of what he is trying to drive home, if you get through all if the content Corbett posted.

If you experience, empirically, your own real life. . . things in your world, that are topical and necessary to your own life, is that really ignorance?

If only one person dies, or maybe no one dies, during a "global pandemic," in your personal life, is it really a global pandemic?

If they have been telling you for 30-40 years that there is world ending climate change, but your local farm radio broad-casts tell you otherwise, and the thermometer on your porch tell you, that historically, no, the temperatures fall within the mean for the past century, is that really ignorance?

OTH? With all technology, it can be used for good or ill it . . . which seems to be the point with a lot of these things.

That whole highlighting the World of the World's radio broadcast, and how the resultant hysteria was used by the ruling oligarchs to do research and make their plans in the last episode?

That is some creepy shit.

Corbett mentions>>>
the relationship of media and power is obvious, the end result of a population coerced to their whim , not always so.....

the basic tool is always the same, fear.......

people loose their sh*t......

~S~

Great Article! :113:

It almost all makes it seem, like it ended with the cold war, or that it has been limited to the goals of stopping communism, or that is doesn't exist anymore, though.

. . . it also gives the impression, that Bernstein himself, isn't in on all of it. I have always been a bit suspicious of Woodward and Bernstein. After reading a bit of the work of Peter Dale Scott, it would seem to me, there was a real power struggle inside the Deep State.

Woodward & Bernstein's work is still, very prominent in the MSM. Folks did, both go to prison, and a president was brought low by what they did. What ever they do, is because the establishment wants them to do it. . . .

OTH? The guy that founded Consortium News, after being ostracized by the MSM for helping blow the lid off of Iran-Contra, for which only one person did a stretch in the tank of only a few months, his organization, still, continues to help raise awareness of this issue. Even after his death. RIP Robert Parry.

It Started Over Lunch and Led to the Exposure of One of the Greatest Scandals in U.S. History​

The CIA Used to Infiltrate the Media

Now the CIA is the media. This isn’t Operation Mockingbird, writes Caitlin Johnstone. It’s much worse.

It almost all makes it seem, like it ended with the cold war, or that it has been limited to the goals of stopping communism, or that is doesn't exist anymore, though.
well the whole cold war was great for the MIC, but we needed another boogeyman after it collapsed.

and tricky dickey , well he blew it for them after SE Asia was no longer our b*tch, tried to set up shop in Peru w/ Pinochet , made nice nice w/ Mao ,and basically lost ground with the MOTU (masters of the universe)

as an aside, if one really wants to study government manipulation collusive w/ media (in that era) , this man might serve well as example>>>>
1659138207060.png

~S~

well the whole cold war was great for the MIC, but we needed another boogeyman after it collapsed.

and tricky dickey , well he blew it for them after SE Asia was no longer our b*tch, tried to set up shop in Peru w/ Pinochet , made nice nice w/ Mao ,and basically lost ground with the MOTU (masters of the universe)

as an aside, if one really wants to study government manipulation collusive w/ media (in that era) , this man might serve well as example>>>>
View attachment 676152
~S~
Yep that nazi Kissinger and GHW Bush, Nixon's ambassador to China were all early pioneers of the sell out to China that they are making very public today. GHWB, carried it on during his admin when he sold out Taiwan.

Into The Metaverse (The Media Matrix — Part 3)​

Episode 423 - Into The Metaverse (The Media Matrix — Part 3)

Corbett • 08/02/2022
"We stand at a precipice. On one side is "reality": the original, authentic, lived human experience. And on the other side is the metaverse: the world of constantly mediated experience. In the middle is hyperreality, that blurry space between the real world and the mediated world. And, living as we do on this side of the electronic media revolution, it is the only place we have ever known."

Interview 1740 - Declare Your Independence From The Media Matrix

Corbett • 08/06/2022

Forum List

Back