The Meaning of "Chosen" as Applied to Jews

Viktor

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2013
Southern California
It does not mean the Jews are superior to others.
The Hebrews were the first to adopt Judaism.After they did, God made a covenant or agreement with them:

If they would spread the Torah,God's word, He would give them the land of Israel,
They agreed.

They were "chosen" for a special mission.

The Hebrews were the first to adopt Judaism.After they did, God made a covenant or agreement with them:

If they would spread the Torah,God's word, He would give them the land of Israel,
They agreed.

What a load of bull, they chose themselves to kill everyone and take their land, same as what they are doing now.

sure, and Jesus is their messiah

They agreed.

Well...not exactly. The Covenant is a legal contract between God and the Jews. In Torah, the language used is legal language. God's part of the contract (according to the Jews at least) was to give the Holy Land to the Jews, give them protection and prosperity, and allow them to worship God in close communion with Him. The Jews, for their part, had to agree to follow The Law. That was their part of the contract. Now how it actually turned out is very complex and very confusing and it led to a lot of problems in antiquity that are still with us today.

Jews do not actively seek converts by spreading the word of God and they didn't in antiquity either. Proselytizing was never part of the contract. That's a Christian and Islamic thing.

They agreed.

. . . and the Muslims believe the same thing.

Instead of debt, interest, and fractional reserve banking, the Muslims are just using suicide bombing.

img_nathan_mayer_rothschild_quote_fullscreen.jpg

6092556_f520.jpg

Now the core of the Christian philosophy is getting squeezed between these, the Muslim beliefs and the Jewish beliefs.

BIBLE-QUOTES-HD-WALLPAPERS-LUKE-6_29-FREE-DOWNLOAD.jpg

I guess we know who is truly doomed to be the enslaved and martyred for the love of G-d.

90d6518fd6d5036eb304645b727ae708.jpg

Last edited:

They agreed.

I actually disbelieve in Christianity. I'm an Agnostic. But the New Testament actually says Viktor that the old covenant is "obsolete"... Heb. 8:13, NKJV (feel free to click on the link :-D) says:

In that He says, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

:)

-

Let me shorten your comment....."G-d is a liar"..they proclaimed it in 1975:slap:

Commissioned in 1975 by Thomas Nelson Publishers, 130 respected Bible scholars, church leaders, and lay Christians worked for seven years to create a completely new, modern translation of Scripture, yet one that would retain the purity and stylistic beauty of the original King James. With unyielding faithfulness to the original Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic texts, the translation applies the most recent research in archaeology, linguistics, and textual studies.

They agreed.

I actually disbelieve in Christianity. I'm an Agnostic. But the New Testament actually says Viktor that the old covenant is "obsolete"... Heb. 8:13, NKJV (feel free to click on the link :-D) says:

In that He says, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

-

Let me shorten your comment....."G-d is a liar"..they proclaimed it in 1975:slap:

Commissioned in 1975 by Thomas Nelson Publishers, 130 respected Bible scholars, church leaders, and lay Christians worked for seven years to create a completely new, modern translation of Scripture, yet one that would retain the purity and stylistic beauty of the original King James. With unyielding faithfulness to the original Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic texts, the translation applies the most recent research in archaeology, linguistics, and textual studies.

Actually nimrod I wasn't talking to you :slap: (lol)

-

They agreed.

-

Actually sh*t-head I wasn't talking to you :slap:

-
I have a habit of smacking around dumb asses ...You qualify

They agreed.

-

-

Actually the Goy are smacking you guys around aren't we? :slap: (lol; JOKE)

-

They agreed.

-

-

Actually the Goy are smacking you guys around aren't we? :slap: (lol)

-

What's Goy? Are you a white supremacists, or just your average dumb ass?:dunno:

-

-

-

No...I'm the Goy Israeli slapper :slap: (JOKING)

I'm an African-American Jroc...are you a Jew? :) :)

-

-

-

-
Nation of islam? Black supremacists?

-

-

-

I asked you first. :)

-

-

-

-
The Hebrews were the first to adopt Judaism.
Actually, they were the first to adopt Monotheism. ...... :cool:

Oh so Noah, Enoch, Seth, etc. did not practice monotheism according to you guys?... :)

-
We were the first accept G-d's law:cool:

-

-

-

Oh so Noah and Enoch did not practice monotheism according to you guys?... :)

-

No actually, Noah, Enoch, Abraham, etc. all accepted G-d's (or God's) law, as it were, before you guys...:cool:

-

Last edited:

-

-

-

Oh so Noah, Enoch, Seth, etc. did not practice monotheism according to you guys?... :)

-

When certainty not before the exile. Even Yahweh believe in other gods which the jews worshipped, that is why he was a jealous god. Only when you wanted to win a battle did you invoke the Hebrew tribal war god, Yahweh.

-

-

-

No brother I don't have any religious or political affiliation. But I am interested in learning religion from the Jewish people and I am a disbeliever in Christianity.

-

They agreed.

I actually disbelieve in Christianity. I'm an Agnostic. But the New Testament actually says Viktor that the old covenant is "obsolete"... Heb. 8:13, NIV (feel free to click on the link :-D) says:

By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.

-

Forum List

Back