Employed By God?

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
I had to laugh at this one:

Court: Catholic school must hire 'gay' man
Posted By Douglas Ernst On 12/18/2015 @ 8:31 pm

Court: Catholic school must hire ‘gay’ man

As soon as I saw the headline, I immediately recalled these scenes from Steambath:

I do not know a thing about God’s hiring practices, but I’m pretty sure the First Amendment prohibits the government from dictating to the Catholic Church, or to any organized religion for that matter.

Last edited:
I had to laugh at this one:

Court: Catholic school must hire 'gay' man
Posted By Douglas Ernst On 12/18/2015 @ 8:31 pm

Court: Catholic school must hire ‘gay’ man

As soon as I saw the headline, I immediately recalled these scenes from Steambath:

I do not know a thing about God’s hiring practices, but I’m pretty sure the First Amendment prohibits the government from dictating to the Catholic Church, or to any organized religion for that matter.

Yeah story is probably fake...I know that the Nation of Islam is allowed to racially discriminate about who can join their organization so religions might be allowed to practice discrimination.

Not meant as an attack on the Nation of Islam. Just citing information that is pertinent to the discussion. :)

(PS: I am NOT a friend of the Nation of Islam however, just to be clear. :) )

-

Last edited:
I know that the Nation of Islam is allowed to racially discriminate about who can join their organization so religions might be allowed to practice discrimination.
To Anonymous1977: Discrimination is not the right word if a church rule is confined to denying membership. I believe that such a rule would be protected by the First Amendment. If not it should be.

NOTE: Legally defining all of Islam as a political movement is in the hopper. Success would certainly put a damper on the Nation of Islam “discrimination” for whatever reason since judges began ordering private clubs to accept everybody who wanted to join.

Incidentally, every religion I ever heard of looks for more members for obvious reasons:

images
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/...edc32d8db435a13651b18d59cb8.jpg?itok=YoFrdcgc

Not so with private clubs. I can only speculate on how Calypso Louie would deal with unwanted recruits when his political movement is not protected by the First Amendment.

220px-Farrakhan.jpg

Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/41/Farrakhan.jpg/220px-Farrakhan.jpg

I know that the Nation of Islam is allowed to racially discriminate about who can join their organization so religions might be allowed to practice discrimination.
To Anonymous1977: Discrimination is not the right word if a church rule is confined to denying membership. I believe that such a rule would be protected by the First Amendment. If not it should be.

NOTE: Legally defining all of Islam as a political movement is in the hopper. Success would certainly put a damper on the Nation of Islam “discrimination” for whatever reason since judges began ordering private clubs to accept everybody who wanted to join.

Incidentally, every religion I ever heard of looks for more members for obvious reasons:

images
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/...edc32d8db435a13651b18d59cb8.jpg?itok=YoFrdcgc

Not so with private clubs. I can only speculate on how Calypso Louie would deal with unwanted recruits when his political movement is not protected by the First Amendment.

220px-Farrakhan.jpg

Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/41/Farrakhan.jpg/220px-Farrakhan.jpg

About him he says that he is a Muslim and that he prefers living in America...wish he would take all the Islam to Islamia or somewhere :lol: .

-

wish he would take all the Islam to Islamia or somewhere
To Anonymous1977: Fat chance of that. Da reverends do right well on their black brothers and sisters in this country.

Incidentally, Calypso Louie's racist rhetoric is shoring up his own thuggery for his followers:

Farrakhan said, “Mr. Trump is tearing away the skin of the onion of white civility and the more he pulls the skin of that onion back, he’s beginning to show something in the character of the whites that follow him, that they don’t care what he says. He could say one thing this minute, another thing the next minute and you can see that the man has a little problem. A little problem. But he is exacerbating the race situation in America.”

Farrakhan: ‘Thug’ Trump Will Take America into the Abyss of Hell
by Pam Key
31 Dec 2015

Farrakhan: 'Thug' Trump Will Take America into the Abyss of Hell - Breitbart

A lifetime of observing half-blacks in this country told me that they always hate their white half. Taqiyya the Liar and the bunch in his administration took this country to hell long before Trump showed up.

If the school receives public moneys (which most do) it can't discriminate. Period.

Forum List

Back