The Mauritanian (Netflix) - this is worse than Bud Light or Target.

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Couldn't watch it.
I told Bonzi if this movie depicts a 9/11 Taliban recruiter in a sympathetic way, I won't watch it.
It is a blatant anti-American film. I made it through about 35 minutes.
1) As per usual in Hollywood movies, it depicts military soldiers as mindless, blood thirsty murderers who just want to kill people. Preferably torture them first.
2) It woefully understates the reality of 9/11
3) The movie woefully understates that Mohamedou Ould Slahi was a proven and known Al Qaeda important recruiter and operative with close dealings with the highest Al Queda members, including personally working with Bin Ladin.
The movie shows how America was supportive of early Al Qaeda, but then doesn't show the real reasons why America dropped that support, depicting the reasons to be nefarious.
It presents itself in that Mohamedou Ould Slahi should have the same rights as an American citizen, doesn't even debate it. The movie simply pretends he should.

Years have past since 9/11. Young people today, especially today, will likely eat this story up and chock it up as another way America is the world's bad guy. China couldn't have made this movie any better. They are probably high fiving each other after having watched it.
This man was a high/global operative of the most murderous, radicalized organizations in modern times.
And the movie equates what America did in Guantanamo as morally comparable to the evils of Al Qaeda.

Last edited:
Couldn't watch it.
I told Bonzi if this movie depicts a 9/11 Taliban recruiter in a sympathetic way, I won't watch it.
It is a blatant anti-American film. I made it through about 35 minutes.
1) As per usual in Hollywood movies, it depicts military soldiers as mindless, blood thirsty murderers who just want to kill people. Preferably torture them first.
2) It woefully understates the reality of 9/11
3) The movie woefully understates that Mohamedou Ould Slahi was a proven and known Al Qaeda important recruiter and operative with close dealings with the highest Al Queda members, including personally working with Bin Ladin.
The movie shows how America was supportive of early Al Qaeda, but then doesn't show the real reasons why America dropped that support, depicting the reasons to be nefarious.
It presents itself in that Mohamedou Ould Slahi should have the same rights as an American citizen, doesn't even debate it. The movie simply pretends he should.

Years have past since 9/11. Young people today, especially today, will likely eat this story up and chock it up as another way America is the world's bad guy. China couldn't have made this movie any better. They are probably high fiving each other after having watched it.
This man was a high/global operative of the most murderous, radicalized organizations in modern times.
And the movie equates what America did in Guantanamo as morally comparable to the evils of Al Qaeda.
Its a good film.Gitmo is a stain on America. You cant hold people without trial. Otherwise you are no better than the terrorists.

Forum List

Back