The Lord is Non Partisan

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
The words are from Jesus. They speak for themselves.

Matthew 6:1
"Be careful not to perform your righteous acts before men to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

Matthew 6:2
So when you give to the needy, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. Truly I tell you, they already have their full reward.

Matthew 6:16
When you fast, do not be somber like the hypocrites, for they disfigure their faces to show men they are fasting. Truly I tell you, they already have their full reward.

Matthew 23:5
All their deeds are done for men to see. They broaden their phylacteries and lengthen their tassels.

Luke 6:24
But woe to you who are rich, for you have already received your comfort.

Does your ideology meet these requirements?

Yep. His quotes have NOTHING to do with the title.

But if you read His parables, especially about the Master who went away to a far off land, and left His servants with various talents to increase in His absence, He clearly is conservative in His thinking

there are no quotes, you are confusing the desert religions with the crucified itinerant ... and who wrote their books.

The words are from Jesus. They speak for themselves.

Matthew 6:1
"Be careful not to perform your righteous acts before men to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

Matthew 6:2
So when you give to the needy, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. Truly I tell you, they already have their full reward.

Matthew 6:16
When you fast, do not be somber like the hypocrites, for they disfigure their faces to show men they are fasting. Truly I tell you, they already have their full reward.

Matthew 23:5
All their deeds are done for men to see. They broaden their phylacteries and lengthen their tassels.

Luke 6:24
But woe to you who are rich, for you have already received your comfort.

Does your ideology meet these requirements?

You will often find Jesus my Savior instructing us to give to the poor, feed the hungry, pray for and visit the sick. I don't know how this can be disputed--I would never dispute it.

What you won't find in Scripture is Jesus telling us to give loads of money to the govt to farm out this responsibility to them. Yes, pay taxes. But we are to give directly, not through a big, bloated gov.

That's not partisan. It is simply Scriptural.

You will often find Jesus my Savior instructing us to give to the poor, feed the hungry, pray for and visit the sick. I don't know how this can be disputed--I would never dispute it.

What you won't find in Scripture is Jesus telling us to give loads of money to the govt to farm out this responsibility to them. Yes, pay taxes. But we are to give directly, not through a big, bloated gov.

That's not partisan. It is simply Scriptural.
What you see is that the lord requires humans to do these things regardless of where they work. So if the government is made up of humans they are required to do as Jesus says.

Yep. His quotes have NOTHING to do with the title.

But if you read His parables, especially about the Master who went away to a far off land, and left His servants with various talents to increase in His absence, He clearly is conservative in His thinking
Jesus is non partisan and he is neither conservative or liberal. You pucked an example to justify yourself, I caaan pick out a verse whereby Jesus tells us that we are to feed the hungry, care for the sick, visit the prisoner, etc and declare he is a liberal.

Yes, "non-partisan" but he does stand for certain things, and He is clear about those things. You would (do) hate Him because of what He stands for
No, I love him for what he stands for. All of what he stands for not just the parts that validates my bias as you do..

Forum List

Back