The Left's Rhetoric Coming to Fruition

Nah. If you are too lazy to make your case on the merit of facts, I'll accept your concession.

Huh? I've Googled him many times.

The facts are there for you to look up.

But since you are too damned lazy, you can start here:

Report: Rev. Sharpton Told To Stay Away From Funeral For Slain SC Man

And here:

Al Sharpton plays several sides in Trayvon Martin story

And here:

And here:

People are already acknowledging his detrimental influence in the debate, and his rhetoric is only inflaming the tensions. And let's not forget the Crown Heights riots, which so happens to have occured 21 years ago this past Thursday. Al Sharpton played a critical role in that one, too. His rhetoric is a direct influence. First it was Jews, now it is white people.

Race and Reporting by William McGowan, City Journal Summer 1993

Hang your head in shame, you liberal shill.

The fact of the matter is that Sharpton scolded the community for allowing protests in Fergusson to become unruly. The video I posted shows him saying precisely that. The assertion that he condoned violence and looting is simply untrue. One has to wonder why people would believe an such an easily disproved lie without examining the facts that are readily available in their bare form without third-party interpretation. I suppose that the word that describes such behavior is prejudice.

Video: Rev. Al Sharpton Speaks at Michael Brown's Funeral

Nah. If you are too lazy to make your case on the merit of facts, I'll accept your concession.

And here:

And here:

And here:

People are already acknowledging his detrimental influence in the debate, and his rhetoric is only inflaming the tensions. And let's not forget the Crown Heights riots, which so happens to have occured 21 years ago this past Thursday. Al Sharpton played a critical role in that one, too. His rhetoric is a direct influence. First it was Jews, now it is white people.

The fact of the matter is that Sharpton scolded the community for allowing protests in Fergusson to become unruly. The video I posted shows him saying precisely that. The assertion that he condoned violence and looting is simply untrue. One has to wonder why people would believe an such an easily disproved lie without examining the facts that are readily available in their bare form without third-party interpretation. I suppose that the word that describes such behavior is prejudice.

The problem, Agitator, is that I never said he condoned violence. His comments incite violence. Whether he intends them to is up for debate. I wonder, do you ever go one day in your life without putting words in someone's mouth? Once again, he may not condone violence, but he sows the seeds when he speaks:

Al Sharpton Is Struggling to Control the 'Black Lives Matter' Movement | VICE | United States

And here:

And here:

And here:

The problem, Agitator, is that I never said he condoned violence. His comments incite violence. Whether he intends them to is up for debate. I wonder, do you ever go one day in your life without putting words in someone's mouth? Once again, he may not condone violence, but he sows the seeds when he speaks:

Al Sharpton Is Struggling to Control the 'Black Lives Matter' Movement | VICE | United States

And what are some of these comments that incite violence? I've yet to read, or hear one.

And here:

And here:

And here:

Lol. The link highlights how the real activists think that Sharpton is a Milquetoast. :rolleyes:

I've yet to read, or hear one.

Oh for Pete's sakes.

Stop feigning ignorance.

From the Al Sharpton Wiki page:

Crown Heights riot

The Crown Heights riot began on August 19, 1991 after a car driven by a Jewish man, and part of a procession led by an unmarked police car, went through an intersection and was struck by another vehicle causing it to veer onto the sidewalk where it accidentally struck and killed a seven-year-old Guyanese boy named Gavin Cato and severely injured his cousin Angela. Witnesses could not agree upon the speed and could not agree whether the light was yellow or red. One of the factors that sparked the riot was the arrival of a private ambulance, which was later discovered to be on the orders of a police officer who was worried for the Jewish driver's safety, removed him from the scene while Cato lay pinned under his car.[38] After being removed from under the car, Cato and his cousin were treated soon after by a city ambulance (without visibly Jewish EMTs). Caribbean-American and African-American residents of the neighborhood rioted for four consecutive days fueled by rumors that the private ambulance had refused to treat Cato.[38][39] During the riot black youths looted stores,[38] beat Jews in the street,[38] and clashed with groups of Jews, hurling rocks and bottles at one another[40] after Yankel Rosenbaum, a visiting student from Australia, was stabbed and killed by a member of a mob while some chanted "Kill the Jew", and "get the Jews out".[41]

Sharpton marched through Crown Heights and in front of "770", shortly after the riot, with about 400 protesters (who chanted "Whose streets? Our streets!" and "No justice, no peace!"), in spite of Mayor David Dinkins's attempts to keep the march from happening.[42]

Now, here we should call into question his commitment to nonviolence, since it was he who lead a march which coined the now infamous phrase "no justice, no peace." To wit, he never condemned the riots or the chants of "Kill the Jew."

Once again, from his wiki:

Freddie's Fashion Mart
In 1995 a black Pentecostal Church, the United House of Prayer, which owned a retail property on 125th Street, asked Fred Harari, a Jewish tenant who operated Freddie's Fashion Mart, to evict his longtime subtenant, a black-owned record store called The Record Shack. Sharpton led a protest in Harlem against the planned eviction of The Record Shack.[43][44][45] Sharpton told the protesters, "We will not stand by and allow them to move this brother so that some white interloper can expand his business."[46]

On December 8, 1995 Roland J. Smith Jr., one of the protesters, entered Harari's store with a gun and flammable liquid, shot several customers and set the store on fire. The gunman fatally shot himself, and seven store employees died of smoke inhalation.[47][48] Fire Department officials discovered that the store's sprinkler had been shut down, in violation of the local fire code.[49] Sharpton claimed that the perpetrator was an open critic of himself and his nonviolent tactics. In 2002, Sharpton expressed regret for making the racial remark "white interloper" and denied responsibility for inflaming or provoking the violence.[21][50]

Here, it took Sharpton nearly a decade to retract statements which led one protester to set the store on fire and kill seven employees. Doesn't matter if the sprinklers were shut down or not, that's murder, motivated by Al Sharpton's rhetoric.

Lastly:

And here:

And here:

And here:

Lol. The link highlights how the real activists think that Sharpton is a Milquetoast. :rolleyes:

Which one? Yeah, that strawman is all you have left.

Oh for Pete's sakes.

Stop feigning ignorance.

Crown Heights riot

The Crown Heights riot began on August 19, 1991 after a car driven by a Jewish man, and part of a procession led by an unmarked police car, went through an intersection and was struck by another vehicle causing it to veer onto the sidewalk where it accidentally struck and killed a seven-year-old Guyanese boy named Gavin Cato and severely injured his cousin Angela. Witnesses could not agree upon the speed and could not agree whether the light was yellow or red. One of the factors that sparked the riot was the arrival of a private ambulance, which was later discovered to be on the orders of a police officer who was worried for the Jewish driver's safety, removed him from the scene while Cato lay pinned under his car.[38] After being removed from under the car, Cato and his cousin were treated soon after by a city ambulance (without visibly Jewish EMTs). Caribbean-American and African-American residents of the neighborhood rioted for four consecutive days fueled by rumors that the private ambulance had refused to treat Cato.[38][39] During the riot black youths looted stores,[38] beat Jews in the street,[38] and clashed with groups of Jews, hurling rocks and bottles at one another[40] after Yankel Rosenbaum, a visiting student from Australia, was stabbed and killed by a member of a mob while some chanted "Kill the Jew", and "get the Jews out".[41]

Sharpton marched through Crown Heights and in front of "770", shortly after the riot, with about 400 protesters (who chanted "Whose streets? Our streets!" and "No justice, no peace!"), in spite of Mayor David Dinkins's attempts to keep the march from happening.[42]

Now, here we should call into question his commitment to nonviolence, since it was he who lead a march which coined the now infamous phrase "no justice, no peace." To wit, he never condemned the riots or the chants of "Kill the Jew."

Freddie's Fashion Mart
In 1995 a black Pentecostal Church, the United House of Prayer, which owned a retail property on 125th Street, asked Fred Harari, a Jewish tenant who operated Freddie's Fashion Mart, to evict his longtime subtenant, a black-owned record store called The Record Shack. Sharpton led a protest in Harlem against the planned eviction of The Record Shack.[43][44][45] Sharpton told the protesters, "We will not stand by and allow them to move this brother so that some white interloper can expand his business."[46]

On December 8, 1995 Roland J. Smith Jr., one of the protesters, entered Harari's store with a gun and flammable liquid, shot several customers and set the store on fire. The gunman fatally shot himself, and seven store employees died of smoke inhalation.[47][48] Fire Department officials discovered that the store's sprinkler had been shut down, in violation of the local fire code.[49] Sharpton claimed that the perpetrator was an open critic of himself and his nonviolent tactics. In 2002, Sharpton expressed regret for making the racial remark "white interloper" and denied responsibility for inflaming or provoking the violence.[21][50]

Here, it took Sharpton nearly a decade to retract statements which led one protester to set the store on fire and kill seven employees. Doesn't matter if the sprinklers were shut down or not, that's murder, motivated by Al Sharpton's rhetoric.

Lastly:

Since you clearly took a lot of time digging those up, I'll concede that the last one was unwise on his part. That does sound like he was condoning unrest.

During a Sharpton rally people were chanting:

What do we want?
Kill the cops and Dead cops
When do we want it?
Now!

I've lost count of how many cops have been killed since that rally.

With the same anger, Sharpton and other leaders blast the white privilege and accuse whites of being racist whether they realize it or not.

Other 'leaders' claim whiteness is terror. They claim that whites must right the wrongs of the past. Never mind that no one alive today was either a slave or a slave owner. We have affirmative action, hate crimes and trillions spent on welfare.

I would suggest that the radical 'activists' don't want equality. They want revenge. Some might actually want all whites killed. We've heard that enough from the likes of the Black Panthers, who stated that whites should be killed at birth.

It's the loud radicals being heard and too many ignorant hotheads are taking it all too seriously. It's gone from angry rhetoric to actions in the streets.

We can't keep ignoring it or saying people were pushed into being rabid murderers. People are raised by radicals to become radicals and there isn't anything society can do to make parents change and start teaching their children to love and to respect society.

Too many despise any authority figure and whites because they've been fed hate since birth.

It was wrong for some racist whites to pass their hatred to their children and it's just as wrong for racist non-whites to do the same.

Most of the riots lately have centered around police shootings of thugs. Parents who are smart teach their children that there are serious consequences for breaking the law and threatening police. They don't condone more violence and looting when a thug is taken down.

Last edited:

Oh for Pete's sakes.

Stop feigning ignorance.

Crown Heights riot

Freddie's Fashion Mart

Lastly:

Since you clearly took a lot of time digging those up, I'll concede that the last one was unwise on his part. That does sound like he was condoning unrest.

Quite the poor sport aren't we?

Google is your friend. The facts are not.

Says the one gloating.

As far as facts, a 10-second clip does not necessarily sum up what a person is all about. Nor does it make that person responsible for actions that others do. Or should we believe that George Tiller's blood is on Bill O'Reilly's hands?

Says the one gloating.

As far as facts, a 10-second clip does not necessarily sum up what a person is all about. Nor does it make that person responsible for actions that others do. Or should we believe that George Tiller's blood is on Bill O'Reilly's hands?
It does when they are on-site, inflaming the crowd, and allow it.
It's called inciting a riot, and it's definitely illegal.

As far as facts, a 10-second clip does not necessarily sum up what a person is all about.

Actually, it's the clip and all his past behavior, which I've laid out for you. Deny it all you like, but it still doesn't change the fact that Al Sharpton is a very harmful influence, whether by design or unintentionally on race issues and race relations.

And you've effectively answered my "are you defending Sharpton" question. That response says you are.

As far as facts, a 10-second clip does not necessarily sum up what a person is all about.

Actually, it's the clip and all his past behavior, which I've laid out for you. Deny it all you like, but it still doesn't change the fact that Al Sharpton is a very harmful influence, whether by design or unintentionally on race issues and race relations.

And you've effectively answered my "are you defending Sharpton" question. That response says you are.

He showed up AFTER the riots in Crown Heights. Freddie's Fashion Mart was one lone wolf. So those are reaching.

Says the one gloating.

You mean... Attempted Inciting a Riot? You people are hilarious. :rolleyes:

Says the one gloating.

Did he support it, in an attempt to incite further riots?

It's all relevant, just like in the Brawley case.

Says the one gloating.

The 10 second clip in question is from March of 2012. To incite a riot, there has to be an actual riot. :rolleyes:

Says the one gloating.

The 10 second clip in question is from March of 2012. To incite a riot, there has to be an actual riot. :rolleyes:
Are you aware that riots have a mysterious way of happening wherever Sharpton pops up???

Ferguson...

Baltimore...

Needs go on????

He showed up AFTER the riots in Crown Heights. Freddie's Fashion Mart was one lone wolf. So those are reaching.

Once again, you're assuming I said anything about him starting the riots or being part of them. No, I never said that, Agitator.

What I said was "we should call into question his commitment to nonviolence, since it was he who lead a march which coined the now infamous phrase "no justice, no peace." To wit, he never condemned the riots or the chants of "Kill the Jew."

Note how I said "led a march" not "led a riot." The point there was that he never condemned any of the violent rhetoric used during the riots.

And it's quite convenient to dismiss that mass murder at Freddie's Fashion Mart as a "lone wolf." But the fact remains that this "lone wolf" was inspired by Sharpton's rhetoric.

Forum List

Back