The Left's New Stance: "Let's get Americans killed!"

How about arming parapalegics?

prince_randian180.jpg

Saw that in "Freaks".

Whether it is a guard at a public school or a TSA agent at an airport, these people have not gone through the extensive training a gun-toting cop has. Nor have they gone through the rigorous screening a cop has to go through.

I have not seen evidence that there is some kind of liberal upswell to arm the TSA.

I call bullshit.

First issue is that learning to shoot is not something that only the anointed can do; that's the whole point, that's why guns destroyed feudalism. I don't see cops as particularly good shots, some are, some aren't.

Second issue is that the training cops go through has more to do with how to deal with people than how to handle a gun.

BUT the reason that I say TSA should not be armed is that there are plenty of cops at the airport. You won't be waiting 20 minutes for one to show up like they did at Sandy Hook.

Unfortunately the TSA, especially the TSA at LAX are alcoholics, drug addicts, thieves, and in many cases just off parole.

You want them armed! Just after they got back from a lunch period smoking weed!

Sorry, No.

Please let us know more about your fellow workers.

It has recently come to my attention that many on the left are pushing for TSA security guards to be equipped with firearms in the wake of the shooting tragedy at LAX. I know the Left has had some stupid policies lately (Obamacare), but this seems to me to be one of the most idiotic. At least, in the defense of Obamacare, the Far Left has stayed true to their tradition and lied and betrayed the American people. With the stance I mentioned earlier, nothing reasonably supports it.

The Left's Argument: Having armed guards prevents violence in airports.

My Counterargument: No it does not. What part of giving more guards guns prevents violence? If anything more people would be harmed under this new system. Potential terrorists and shooters don't have to sneak guns past security anymore. A distracted guard could easily have his or her gun stolen by a careful criminal. Now you have a guy past security with a gun and nobody has noticed. And if the security did notice, what would they do, issue a lockdown? Because businesses and people love it completely when their flights are stopped and they have to wait for a gunman to be found. But if they don't, the gunmen gets off scot-free and the people are none the wiser. Secondly, what impact would armed guards have on the youth of America, as they gradually see their independence slip away under an increasingly martial state. Would these youth commit more crimes against the government, bitter about their lost freedoms? Perhaps. Thirdly, what defines the time a guard is permitted to use his firearm? Can he gun down any suspicious characters, does the guard have to wait until a gun is drawn and fired, or can he threaten anybody with the gun he or she marks as a "potential danger"? You see there is no good that can come of arming TSA guards inside of airports.

Interesting argument; how do you feel about arming teachers in our schools?

Hmm... arming teachers. No thank you. I personally don't see any reason to. You see, if a teacher kept his or her gun somewhere in easy reach, a student could easily get to it and start shooting people. If it is far away and locked up, a teacher might not be able to reach it in time. Plus you'd have to train the teachers in the use of guns. Regardless, don't most schools have armed guards these days, following events such as Sandy Hook?

Forum List

Back