The Left's New Stance: "Let's get Americans killed!"

Drake_Roberts

Rookie
Oct 20, 2013
Southern Indiana, USA
It has recently come to my attention that many on the left are pushing for TSA security guards to be equipped with firearms in the wake of the shooting tragedy at LAX. I know the Left has had some stupid policies lately (Obamacare), but this seems to me to be one of the most idiotic. At least, in the defense of Obamacare, the Far Left has stayed true to their tradition and lied and betrayed the American people. With the stance I mentioned earlier, nothing reasonably supports it.

The Left's Argument: Having armed guards prevents violence in airports.

My Counterargument: No it does not. What part of giving more guards guns prevents violence? If anything more people would be harmed under this new system. Potential terrorists and shooters don't have to sneak guns past security anymore. A distracted guard could easily have his or her gun stolen by a careful criminal. Now you have a guy past security with a gun and nobody has noticed. And if the security did notice, what would they do, issue a lockdown? Because businesses and people love it completely when their flights are stopped and they have to wait for a gunman to be found. But if they don't, the gunmen gets off scot-free and the people are none the wiser. Secondly, what impact would armed guards have on the youth of America, as they gradually see their independence slip away under an increasingly martial state. Would these youth commit more crimes against the government, bitter about their lost freedoms? Perhaps. Thirdly, what defines the time a guard is permitted to use his firearm? Can he gun down any suspicious characters, does the guard have to wait until a gun is drawn and fired, or can he threaten anybody with the gun he or she marks as a "potential danger"? You see there is no good that can come of arming TSA guards inside of airports.

It was the right that argued for armed guards inside of schools, but nice try pinning it all on the left.

It has recently come to my attention that many on the left are pushing for TSA security guards to be equipped with firearms in the wake of the shooting tragedy at LAX. I know the Left has had some stupid policies lately (Obamacare), but this seems to me to be one of the most idiotic. At least, in the defense of Obamacare, the Far Left has stayed true to their tradition and lied and betrayed the American people. With the stance I mentioned earlier, nothing reasonably supports it.

My Counterargument: No it does not. What part of giving more guards guns prevents violence? If anything more people would be harmed under this new system. Potential terrorists and shooters don't have to sneak guns past security anymore. A distracted guard could easily have his or her gun stolen by a careful criminal. Now you have a guy past security with a gun and nobody has noticed. And if the security did notice, what would they do, issue a lockdown? Because businesses and people love it completely when their flights are stopped and they have to wait for a gunman to be found. But if they don't, the gunmen gets off scot-free and the people are none the wiser. Secondly, what impact would armed guards have on the youth of America, as they gradually see their independence slip away under an increasingly martial state. Would these youth commit more crimes against the government, bitter about their lost freedoms? Perhaps. Thirdly, what defines the time a guard is permitted to use his firearm? Can he gun down any suspicious characters, does the guard have to wait until a gun is drawn and fired, or can he threaten anybody with the gun he or she marks as a "potential danger"? You see there is no good that can come of arming TSA guards inside of airports.
Typical TROLL post. It's only purpose is to incite an argument. Let me give you an example. Note the sentence, "The Left's Argument: Having armed guards prevents violence in airports." If I recall correctly after Columbine and after the killings of grade schoolers in New Jersey the NRA, certainly NOT member of the left, was calling for the arming of school teachers to prevent future mass killings in schools. Nothing like making up a bunch of phoney shit and trying to provoke arguments.

Well, expect the pay to have to increase for TSA which will be passed onto the consumer. No way would the slow leaks working there now could qualify for a weapon permit. Although, many look like they have a lunch permit to McDonalds

-Geaux

Unfortunately the TSA, especially the TSA at LAX are alcoholics, drug addicts, thieves, and in many cases just off parole.

You want them armed! Just after they got back from a lunch period smoking weed!

Sorry, No.

It was the right that argued for armed guards inside of schools, but nice try pinning it all on the left.

Who said anything about schools? This is a thread about the TSA and arming their gguards, not schools.

You plainly said, "What part of giving more guards guns prevents violence?" It is entirely appropriate to apply your own argument to other situations where people have called for armed guards to protect the innocent.

And it highlights the hilarity of you saying that those who want to arm guards are leftists! :lol:

Last edited:
It has recently come to my attention that many on the left are pushing for TSA security guards to be equipped with firearms in the wake of the shooting tragedy at LAX.

Obviously you haven’t been paying attention.

"Recently" sounds better than "Several weeks ago". I have been paying attention, however. I just haven't gotten around to writting this sooner.

And you think no one is armed inside of Airports?

There is a reason that you're a leftist.....

What the hell are you even talking about? It's the OP arguing against armed guards in the airport.

And it was the left who argued for gun control after the shootings. Politicized it before the blood was dry on the floor. No no, don't go there.

It's wrong anytime either side politicizes a tragedy like that. Are you defending the right when they do it, or claiming that they never do?

Who said anything about schools? This is a thread about the TSA and arming their gguards, not schools.

The right said something about schools. You claim the left is making airports more dangerous by calling for armed guards, even though it's not even a left wing idea, but ignoring the fact that the right called for armed guards around our children.

I thought it was implied that I was talking about airports in my counterargument. Just add airport to guards. And I am not a troll, I merely was curious about how many people agreed with me.

Yep, troll post designed to provoke an argument with no actual facts present.
wolfsister, you wanted some facts, STICK THIS WHERE THE SUN DON'T SHINE.
Guns in schools: Best way to protect students is to arm their teachers
Steve Siebold is a Second Amendment advocate and author of the book “Sex, Politics and Religion: How Delusional Thinking is Destroying America.”

By Steve Siebold

The Arkansas Christian Academy in Bryant, Arkansas, is making national headlines after it announced that some staff members will be armed with guns. It’s about time we have one institution that is finally standing up and protecting our children, and hopefully it won’t be the last. In fact, every school teacher in America should be armed in the classroom.

http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/get-schooled/2013/aug/26/best-way-protect-students-arm-their-teachers/

Whether it is a guard at a public school or a TSA agent at an airport, these people have not gone through the extensive training a gun-toting cop has. Nor have they gone through the rigorous screening a cop has to go through.

I have not seen evidence that there is some kind of liberal upswell to arm the TSA.

Right wingers and "life":

Mr. H. - Punk ass ****** meets deserved end. (referring to 17 year old Martin who was chased down and shot dead while armed with a bag of Skittles and a can of Ice Tea)
Rottweiler commenting on Healthcare: That's exactly right. The American people don't deserve shit.
Quantum Windbag on whites committing suicide: I have enough to deal with caring about my friends and family, why the fuck should I care about a bunch of dead people?

Last edited by a moderator:

Interesting argument; how do you feel about arming teachers in our schools?

Forum List

Back