The Leaders of France, Germany, and Italy Favour Negotiations to End War.

Donald H

Platinum Member
Nov 26, 2020
Unlike President Biden, French President Emmanuel Macron, German Chancellor Olaf Scholz, and Italian Prime Minister Mario Draghi have all spoken with Russian President Vladimir Putin since Russia invaded Ukraine on February 24.

After speaking with Putin by phone on Friday, Scholz wrote on Twitter: “There must be a ceasefire in Ukraine as quickly as possible.”

It seems to be clear now that Europe's largest countries are becoming unwilling to accept the risk for the sake of another American war of aggression.

And bewildering why Britain will remain to be an obedient lapdog when they have the most to lose!

peace is possible but the devil is in the details. hopes can be placed on a cease fire to facilitate negotiations.

Russia being willing would also serve to illustrate their position now as the war against Russia is escalating.

Last edited:

It seems to be clear now that Europe's largest countries are becoming unwilling to accept the risk for the sake of another American war of aggression.

And bewildering why Britain will remain to be an obedient lapdog when they have the most to lose!

peace is possible but the devil is in the details. hopes can be placed on a cease fire to facilitate negotiations.

Russia being willing would also serve to illustrate their position now as the war against Russia is escalating.
Good for them though as you say the devil is in the details. Britain - it seems to have got Boris's ego. He wants to make himself and the UK fiercely involved possibly because we are facing financial ruin and splitting up. He will want to blame war with Russia for this and use that to say no to votes on splitting up. Of course a non desire for nuclear war and a desire to work to save the planet would be other good reasons to get out of this war.

Of course a negotiation would be ideal, but only if Ukraine is in agreement with this (and if Russia is open to it). They were the nation and citizens invaded. They ultimately need to determine their direction.

I know the U.S has a much lower number of former military personnel in federal government than say 40 years ago. They still have a large number who understand how to fight for liberty and the will push for support for Ukraine on this front.

Like Canada, I imagine many in the E.U parlaiment lack military experience. This doesn't mean they are naive, but, it does suggest less of a willingness to risk personal life for principle and morals. They are more happy to appease so that they and their wealthy, old money friends can attend their ballrooms in peace. Whether it is reality or just wishful thinking.

History has shown, that being naive can lead to disasterous consequences. They should be communicating with Ukraine more than any nation.

Peace may be within reach, the world all wants peace and prosperity of their person. It's difficult for those of us not on the front lines to make a sober assessment.

Good for them though as you say the devil is in the details. Britain - it seems to have got Boris's ego. He wants to make himself and the UK fiercely involved possibly because we are facing financial ruin and splitting up. He will want to blame war with Russia for this and use that to say no to votes on splitting up. Of course a non desire for nuclear war and a desire to work to save the planet would be other good reasons to get out of this war.
I think that Boris at least understands that he doesn't need to participate when Europe's three most influencial powers are carrying the torch.

And of course he would be punished by America if he became a backslider in any recognizable way.

So the devil is in the details, but the details will be an indication of Russia's continuing resolve, or lack of?

If the propaganda can be held as true, Russia should be jumping right in to any way out.
Securing Russia's borders be damned!

IF

I think that Boris at least understands that he doesn't need to participate when Europe's three most influencial powers are carrying the torch.

And of course he would be punished by America if he became a backslider in any recognizable way.

So the devil is in the details, but the details will be an indication of Russia's continuing resolve, or lack of?

If the propaganda can be held as true, Russia should be jumping right in to any way out.
Securing Russia's borders be damned!

IF
Boris wants to participate. He has at every opportunity. You believe America would 'punish' Boris. How would you do that?

Unfortunately it looks to me like Ukraine cannot be but worse off after this. Had they agreed to remain neutral there would have been no war. At any rate that is what I have heard but I wasn't following it at the time. So Ukraine is going to have to give that assurance and try and get one from Russia. Oh yes, I understand the Russians are doing dreadfully in East Ukraine. Now that will give Russia a reason for wanting an end to war. Otherwise all she has is nuclear war. I cannot though see the possibility of Ukraine coming out of this with all she had before. She needs her ports. Lets hope she at least gets them.

Boris wants to participate. He has at every opportunity. You believe America would 'punish' Boris. How would you do that?
i'm a Canadian and I have examples of how America tries to punish their prowar backsliders.
Unfortunately it looks to me like Ukraine cannot be but worse off after this. Had they agreed to remain neutral there would have been no war. At any rate that is what I have heard but I wasn't following it at the time. So Ukraine is going to have to give that assurance and try and get one from Russia.
The Ukrainian people have suffered much more punishment and losses then they were willing to accept. Even Zelensky attempted to take the reins out of America's hands.
Oh yes, I understand the Russians are doing dreadfully in East Ukraine. Now that will give Russia a reason for wanting an end to war. Otherwise all she has is nuclear war.
That's the unanswered question that would be answered if a ceasefire to facilitate talks could happen. Russia's state of desperation, or lack of, would be determined.
Both sides have a possible incentive to find peace and i would suggest that is MAD.
I cannot though see the possibility of Ukraine coming out of this with all she had before. She needs her ports. Lets hope she at least gets them.
I can see that possibility, although I would think it's very doubtful that Russia will accept less than the Donbass, the corridor, and Crimea.

I can't share your hopes because that would be an acceptance of nuclear war, and that is never acceptable.

On an optimistic note, America can live to fight another day. And undoubtedly will!

World supremacy is the grand prize.

Both you and Marvin make me feel like i should offer to buy both of you a nice ice cream cone.

No thanks.....

Biden Ice cresm.jpg

We invaded the Ukraine?

When?

A US war of aggression?
Your side invaded a free country

Russia is the aggressor

Forum List

Back