The Last Letter: A Message to George W. Bush and Dick Cheney From a Dying Veteran

Shut up dumb fuck, those are the REAL vote totals.
Deal with it YOUR people authorized it.

So the Bush blame game continues. The House voted 297 to 133 & Senate voted 77 to 23 for the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq & 74% of us wanted to invade Iraq.

Gallup Poll Nov 27 2001 showed that 74% of us wanted the US to invade Iraq with ground troops after 9/11.

"Would you favor or oppose invading Iraq with U.S. ground troops in an attempt to remove Saddam Hussein from power?"

74% Favor - 20% Oppose - 6% No opinion

So was Bush supposed to go against the will of the people?

Pure bullshit. America was high on fear, patriotism and Bush lies about Iraq involvement after 9/11.

Iraq was invaded twice based on DECEPTION - both times by a Bush President.

Saddam/Glaspie Transcript: Is the US State Department still keeping April Glaspie under wraps?

So the Bush blame game continues. The House voted 297 to 133 & Senate voted 77 to 23 for the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq & 74% of us wanted to invade Iraq.

Gallup Poll Nov 27 2001 showed that 74% of us wanted the US to invade Iraq with ground troops after 9/11.

"Would you favor or oppose invading Iraq with U.S. ground troops in an attempt to remove Saddam Hussein from power?"

74% Favor - 20% Oppose - 6% No opinion

So was Bush supposed to go against the will of the people?

Pure bullshit. America was high on fear, patriotism and Bush lies about Iraq involvement after 9/11.

Saddam/Glaspie Transcript: Is the US State Department still keeping April Glaspie under wraps?

First of all, though many Democrat voted for it, most Democrats in Congress voted against it. Regardless, they were not voting on a declaration of war, they were voting to authorize Bush the ability to resort to war if certain conditions were met -- based on Bush's sole discretion. And if you recall at the time they voted, Bush was insisting that going to war was a last resort that he was trying to avoid at all costs.

Turns out, he was lying. He really wanted to go to war, and the Congress handed him the authority to do so.

First of all, though many Democrat voted for it, most Democrats in Congress voted against it. Regardless, they were not voting on a declaration of war, they were voting to authorize Bush the ability to resort to war if certain conditions were met -- based on Bush's sole discretion. And if you recall at the time they voted, Bush was insisting that going to war was a last resort that he was trying to avoid at all costs.

Turns out, he was lying. He really wanted to go to war, and the Congress handed him the authority to do so.

Exactly.

Thank you, Tomas Young, and best wishes!

Truthdig - The Forgotten Wounded of Iraq

Thank you for what, writing a letter that is nothing more than a collection of Democrat talking points to President Bush? I would think he could think of better things to do with the last few days of his life than serve as a propaganda tool for the Democrat Party.

Why are you demeaning a US soldier who has given his life for your country?
Iraq War vet pens 'last letter' to Bush and Cheney

Thank you for what, writing a letter that is nothing more than a collection of Democrat talking points to President Bush? I would think he could think of better things to do with the last few days of his life than serve as a propaganda tool for the Democrat Party.

He opened the door when he went public, is it that complicated for you...

For one reason and one reason only ... because the letter was directed to Republicans, George Bush and Dick Cheney.

You can be certain had that letter been address to Barack Obama, he'd be using that letter like a condom to fuck the president.

Have you no shame? Don't you think this dying veteran has earned the right to express his final thoughts?
yes he has earned the right !! even though i do not agree with him he has fought for his country and protected the freedoms that allow people to express themselves !! even some one like Lakhota who hates white men like him, owe your freedom to men past and present like him !!

Last edited:

For one reason and one reason only ... because the letter was directed to Republicans, George Bush and Dick Cheney.

You can be certain had that letter been address to Barack Obama, he'd be using that letter like a condom to fuck the president.

If that letter had been addressed to Obama, he'd use that like a condom to fuck the president?

Really?

Even if Obama was the President?

Why would he want to fuck himself?

If that letter had been addressed to Obama, he'd use that like a condom to fuck the president?

Really?

Even if Obama was the President?

Why would he want to fuck himself?
I'm not sure who you think I was talking about when I said, "he'd," but it wasn't Barack Obama.

On the 10-year anniversary of the U.S. invasion of Iraq, people around the world publicly aired their grievances against members of former President George W. Bush's administration .

Gawker played a controversial and direct role in the process, publishing Bush's personal email address -- pulled from a screengrab of a hacked email between Bush and his sister released last month -- in a Tuesday post titled "Wish George W. Bush a Happy Iraq War Day."

Bush Administration Officials Face Public Shaming On 10th Anniversary Of Iraq War

Rachel Maddow broke from her usual even-handed tone on Tuesday night, and even went so far as to say that she was "pissed" over the way veterans have been treated in this country upon returning home.

Maddow was talking about several scams where supposed charities were actually stealing donations intended for veterans. Former Florida Lt. Gov. Jennifer Carroll recently resigned after one of her public relations firm's clients was revealed to be one such scam. A former aide to Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker was also convicted of embezzling money from Operation Freedom, a fund for families of American troops who fought in Iraq and Afghanistan, to fund his vacations.

More: Rachel Maddow 'Pissed' Over How Veterans Are Treated (VIDEO)

There is a good reason why neither Bush nor Cheney leave the US: They are afraid of arrest for their war crimes. Good. They should be.

:cuckoo:

Actually it's true. Bush was scheduled to make a speech at some event in Switzerland and they had to uninvite him because his coming to Switzerland was going to cause a lot of protests and create such instability, they didn't want to deal with it. People in other parts of the worls LOATH the man and think he has commited crimes against humanity.

There is a good reason why neither Bush nor Cheney leave the US: They are afraid of arrest for their war crimes. Good. They should be.

:cuckoo:

Actually it's true. Bush was scheduled to make a speech at some event in Switzerland and they had to uninvite him because his coming to Switzerland was going to cause a lot of protests and create such instability, they didn't want to deal with it. People in other parts of the worls LOATH the man and think he has commited crimes against humanity.

Actually, it is flatly untrue.

Protests? Big fuckin' deal.

But arrest?

Not a chance in the universe.

another bullshit thread that attempts to rewrite history. Everyone believed that Saddam had WMDs. Congress authorized and funded the stupid Iraq war.

I think most agree that it was a terrible waste of american money and lives, just like viet nam and afghanistan, but to claim that Bush did it all by himself is nothing but a partisan lie.

No one committed any "war crimes" except Saddam when he gassed his own people. The guy needed to go but we could have eliminated him without spending so many lives and so much money.

But arrest?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/06/world/europe/06bush.html?_r=0
George Bush calls off trip to Switzerland | Law | The Guardian
Who's Afraid of War Crimes Prosecution? Cheney Cancels Canada Visit | Global Research TV

You apparently can't read either. I didn't say anything about him being arrested; I said people around the world would like to see him be tried for war crimes and crimes against humanity. How many countries have you been to over the past 10 years? I've been to 40. I work in an international environment. I've lived in 4 different countries on several different continents as well as spending considerable time in many other countries, while the Iraq was was going on. I've worked with, lived with, socialized with and talked to people from at least a hundred different countries. They all, every single one, loath Bush and most think he is a criminal.

But arrest?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/06/world/europe/06bush.html?_r=0
George Bush calls off trip to Switzerland | Law | The Guardian
Who's Afraid of War Crimes Prosecution? Cheney Cancels Canada Visit | Global Research TV

You apparently can't read either. I didn't say anything about him being arrested; I said people around the world would like to see him be tried for war crimes and crimes against humanity. How many countries have you been to over the past 10 years? I've been to 40. I work in an international environment. I've lived in 4 different countries on several different continents as well as spending considerable time in many other countries, while the Iraq was was going on. I've worked with, lived with, socialized with and talked to people from at least a hundred different countries. They all, every single one, loath Bush and most think he is a criminal.

Look. I realize you are tragically stupid. But what you SAID was that "actually it's true." THAT was in reply to me mocking the claim of velveetacheesedick "They are afraid of arrest for their war crimes. Good. They should be."

So we WERE discussing arrests, you dishonest hack mutant asshole.

And the very notion is ridiculous.

Even a blithering idiot like you ought to be able to see how absurd it is to believe that any nation would permit a former President of the United States to be arrested while visiting another country.

Try to stay focused on your own conversations, you dip shit. It will help you to avoid the prospect of confirming just how brainless you are.

:thup:

IMG_7389-tomas-young-dig-804-cropped.jpg

To: George W. Bush and Dick Cheney

I write this letter on the 10th anniversary of the Iraq War on behalf of my fellow Iraq War veterans. I write this letter on behalf of the 4,488 soldiers and Marines who died in Iraq. I write this letter on behalf of the hundreds of thousands of veterans who have been wounded and on behalf of those whose wounds, physical and psychological, have destroyed their lives. I am one of those gravely wounded. I was paralyzed in an insurgent ambush in 2004 in Sadr City. My life is coming to an end. I am living under hospice care.

I write this letter on behalf of husbands and wives who have lost spouses, on behalf of children who have lost a parent, on behalf of the fathers and mothers who have lost sons and daughters and on behalf of those who care for the many thousands of my fellow veterans who have brain injuries. I write this letter on behalf of those veterans whose trauma and self-revulsion for what they have witnessed, endured and done in Iraq have led to suicide and on behalf of the active-duty soldiers and Marines who commit, on average, a suicide a day. I write this letter on behalf of the some 1 million Iraqi dead and on behalf of the countless Iraqi wounded. I write this letter on behalf of us all—the human detritus your war has left behind, those who will spend their lives in unending pain and grief.

I write this letter, my last letter, to you, Mr. Bush and Mr. Cheney. I write not because I think you grasp the terrible human and moral consequences of your lies, manipulation and thirst for wealth and power. I write this letter because, before my own death, I want to make it clear that I, and hundreds of thousands of my fellow veterans, along with millions of my fellow citizens, along with hundreds of millions more in Iraq and the Middle East, know fully who you are and what you have done. You may evade justice but in our eyes you are each guilty of egregious war crimes, of plunder and, finally, of murder, including the murder of thousands of young Americans—my fellow veterans—whose future you stole.

Your positions of authority, your millions of dollars of personal wealth, your public relations consultants, your privilege and your power cannot mask the hollowness of your character. You sent us to fight and die in Iraq after you, Mr. Cheney, dodged the draft in Vietnam, and you, Mr. Bush, went AWOL from your National Guard unit. Your cowardice and selfishness were established decades ago. You were not willing to risk yourselves for our nation but you sent hundreds of thousands of young men and women to be sacrificed in a senseless war with no more thought than it takes to put out the garbage. Truthdig - The Last Letter
Please don't post complete articles.

uploaded_EmoticonJumpSheep.gif

Forum List

Back