The Last Letter: A Message to George W. Bush and Dick Cheney From a Dying Veteran

So the Bush blame game continues. The House voted 297 to 133 & Senate voted 77 to 23 for the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq & 74% of us wanted to invade Iraq.

Gallup Poll Nov 27 2001 showed that 74% of us wanted the US to invade Iraq with ground troops after 9/11.

"Would you favor or oppose invading Iraq with U.S. ground troops in an attempt to remove Saddam Hussein from power?"

74% Favor - 20% Oppose - 6% No opinion
Congress didn't authorize an invasion with the passage of that bill. They set conditions, which Bush ignored.

A careful reading of the Authorization for the Use of Force adopted by large bipartisan majorities in both the House and Senate shows the congressional authorization was hardly the "blank check" the news media portrayed it as. Congress limited the President's use of military force against Iraq by authorizing war only to:

(1) defend the national security of the United States against the continuing threat posed by Iraq, and

(2) enforce all relevant United Nations Security Council resolutions regarding Iraq."
The use of the word "and" after the first paragraph is critical. While Congress did not require an imminent or immediate threat, it was not prepared to authorize the President to go to war over a violation of a Security Council Resolution involving WMDs unless there was also some likelihood that if left unchecked, Saddam would present a "continuing threat" of using those weapons against the United States in the foreseeable future.
Iraq was not (and never has been) a threat to our national security.

So was Bush supposed to go against the will of the people?
Will of the people?

The Iraq anti-war rally in 2003 was the largest anti-war protest in history
involving millions of protestors in over 15 country's. The Washington rally
alone, attracted over 400,000 people.

In contrast, the pro-war rally that day, attracted only 400 people.

Will of the people my ass!

Thank you for what, writing a letter that is nothing more than a collection of Democrat talking points to President Bush? I would think he could think of better things to do with the last few days of his life than serve as a propaganda tool for the Democrat Party.
You are prima facia evidence that right-wing support of the troops is a myth!

Thank you for what, writing a letter that is nothing more than a collection of Democrat talking points to President Bush? I would think he could think of better things to do with the last few days of his life than serve as a propaganda tool for the Democrat Party.

Nice work trashing our troops. You right wingers are disgusting.

I'm sure you would say the same if a vet wrote the same letter to obama? Writing it to him because he didn't keep his promise to end the iraq war in his first year. No, i'm sure you would call him names or ignore him.

IF we have such a letter, it should be posted so we can read it, don't you think?

:cuckoo: BULLSHIT!!! :cuckoo:

The war dropped oil prices by 1/3rd. Over the 8 year war period that likely saved us triple the cost of the war. As soon as we pulled our troops out of Iraq on December 31, 2011 gas prices shot up 25%.

When we invaded Iraq oil price dropped 33%. That 33% drop in price times our USA annual 7.6 billion barrel oil consumption saved us $366 billion a year. Over the 8 years of the Iraq war that total oil savings is $2.9 trillion. So take out the ~$1 trillion cost of the Iraq war & we may be $1.9 trillion in the black.

Oil prices crashed 33% from $40 down to $27 after we invaded Iraq in March 2003.

6779516524_7ab2dc9741_b.jpg

As soon as we pulled our troops out of Iraq on December 31, 2011 gas prices shot up 25%.

6850342837_7d876e7f15_b.jpg

:lol: The lying liberals keep on trying to ad interest to a war that turned a huge profit as it was fought. :lol:

I trashed nobody. I simply pointed out the idiocy of using your own death for something as shallow as scoring political points. That's how fucking sick leftists are. Joining the Army and getting shot doesn't make them any smarter, and the turds who cheer them on are even sicker.

If you think this guy gives a damn about political points than you are even stupider than I always thought you were. And save the cussing and insults. I've heard it so much that I wish you'd get some new material. Know it by heart.

All this sort of leaves me wondering why liberals, or perhaps I should say 'loyal Democrats', are so willing to turn a blind eye to Obama's militarism. Will you all be with us if and when he tries to sell a war with Iran? N. Korea? Syria? Venezuela?

I trashed nobody. I simply pointed out the idiocy of using your own death for something as shallow as scoring political points. That's how fucking sick leftists are. Joining the Army and getting shot doesn't make them any smarter, and the turds who cheer them on are even sicker.

W and the GOP sent thousands of troops off the die over nothing but to bankroll themselves. Though right wing idiots like you love your GOP masters spending like lunatics and having our troops coming home in body bags, while you sit on your lazy ass all day collecting welfare checks and bitching about "da libs" as an excuse for your pathetic existence.

I assume you have proof. Let's see it!

Funny thing about Lakhota, is that he trashed a group of NAVY SEALS who dared to speak out against Obama, going so far as to call them un-american.

He did the same to a SEAL who wrote a book about the bin-Laden raid.

In fact, several other lib posters on this board did the same

It truly is bizarre how the liberal mind works......Particularly the loony Obamabot mind/s.

Last edited:
The Iraq conflict is still so confusing for poor, dumb, liberal, adolescents..............

What we really needed was more time for weapons inspectors, multi-lateral sanctions, and international arrest warrants for islamo-fascist jihadists.........To keep us "safe".......lol

The guy looks and sounds like a typical occupy wall street protester. The fact that he is dying does not confer any particular nobility, nor truthfulness.

Maybe if you are to ignorant to read perhaps your listening skills may be a little less sub par than your comprehension.
JUST FOR YOU!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iovdIiSE8T8]Dick Cheney on Iraq - YouTube[/ame]
But if you need further information about this assh*le. Here.
https://www.mtholyoke.edu/acad/intrel/bush/cheneymeetthepress.htm

Thank you, Tomas Young, and best wishes!

Truthdig - The Forgotten Wounded of Iraq

So your stupid f*cking answer is to send in the military , to kill US soldiers, and then deny them care they should receive.
Put your f*cking army fatigues on assmunch and grab your sacred ar-15 and put your skinny chicken shit ass on the front lines.
DUMB F*CK

The Iraq conflict is still so confusing for poor, dumb, liberal, adolescents..............

What we really needed was more time for weapons inspectors, multi-lateral sanctions, and international arrest warrants for islamo-fascist jihadists.........To keep us "safe".......lol

Surely the message was misdirected...........

Its intended audience were pussified progressive dupes like cindy sheehan...........

All this sort of leaves me wondering why liberals, or perhaps I should say 'loyal Democrats', are so willing to turn a blind eye to Obama's militarism. Will you all be with us if and when he tries to sell a war with Iran? N. Korea? Syria? Venezuela?

Which sort of leaves me wondering why conservatives, or perhaps I should say "loyal Republicans," were so willing to turn a blind eye to Bushs' militarism.

If it's good for the goose, why not the gander as well?

Which sort of leaves me wondering why conservatives, or perhaps I should say "loyal Republicans," were so willing to turn a blind eye to Bushs' militarism.

If it's good for the goose, why not the gander as well?

It's not good for either. That's the point.

Forum List

Back