The kids know more than we think

DmAVOJaW4AAthpp

I already have, and am ahead of you. Yes, I realize cursive does this. So do many other endeavors with actual real-world application. Since, you know, no one really needs to write in cursive anymore.

not in all cases. a written signature is still legal.

What happens when the apocalypse comes and no one knows how to make their own buggy whip? And what happened to classes on how to shoe a horse? Damn kids wasting time with math and science and history when they have no idea how to make their own butter!

morse code would still do the job.

The gain for the pain is barely worth the effort, this is what I'm telling you. There are other much more interesting, educationally rich ways to get that gain without teaching children an obsolete method of communication. Hello?

' pain '? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We handle this in my district by teaching cursive in third grade for like two weeks. That way, when grandparents harp on it, we can "yes, we teach cursive"....(sigh)

2 whole fucking weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW UTTERLY PAINFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

learning to use a pen must be EXCRUTIATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm not even sure they are taught cursive writing.
You guys bitch about everything.

They don't teach "The Dewey Decimal System." or "Latin."
And, NO More Dodgeball.

We are raising a bunch of pussies who can't even dodge a ball.
Let alone throw or catch a ball.

You guys bitch about everything.

They don't teach "The Dewey Decimal System." or "Latin."
And, NO More Dodgeball.

We are raising a bunch of pussies who can't even dodge a ball.
Let alone throw or catch a ball.

sadly - they do hafta teach what to do if there's an active shooter in their school.

It's not a "second way," it's just a stylized form. And yes, other languages have the same.

I guess I should have better clarified my question. Do they actually use it, I mean? I know the Greek and Cyrillic alphabets have a cursive form, but is it actually widely used or just for signatures like ours?

Forum List

Back