The kids know more than we think

bill718

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2016
Kids today don't have sense enough to pound sand in a G-- D--- rathole!

This was my mothers favorite saying 50+ years ago when I was in school, and I hear a lot of this same garbage from the (so called) adults of today. Don't bet on it folks. Kids today know more than we think. They're very aware of the deep divisions in our country, the problems we face, and obstacles that make problem solving so difficult. They do their best to tune it out though, and retreat into their little worlds of their friends and fun, knowing full well that in a few short years they'll be inserted on to the treadmill of adult life. Don't deceive yourselves, the vast majority of them will be able to handle it; they're not as weak or dumb as you might think, and when you're in the twilight of your life, wondering what lies beyond the grave you'll soon occupy, they'll be running the world....

1637407860558.png

~S~

The so called divisions aren't really as deep as the politicians want you to think they are.

So that kids think they are just means they are believe what they watch on the boob tube and read on facebook.

That seems to me to indicate they really don't know as much as you think they do

These kids are easily the dumbest generation in American history. Little do they know, they will suffer because of their stupidity. They'll pay the price of not understanding the importance of freedom and liberty, ie, they don't understand America at all.

i'm not even sure they are taught cursive writing.
I know of one kid that told me that is the old way of writing, so I am pretty sure they are not…

Anyone think today kids are as bright as we were, well let put it to a test and have someone write up one hundred questions that are given to one thousand Generation Z and one thousand Generation X and let truly see how intelligent society is and if kids are dumber today…

The average high school student today knows more than 99% of the people posting here. What's more, kids today seem to be kinder and more accepting than kids were when I was a school kid.

Why would they be?

seriously? how about signing on the dotted line? someone who can't even sign their name on a legal doc probably has no biz'nez entering into a contract, etc. & i am not talking about someone who is physically unable.

seriously? how about signing on the dotted line? someone who can't even sign their name on a legal doc probably has no biz'nez entering into a contract, etc. & i am not talking about someone who is disabled.
Sign your X on the dotted line has a meaning and it seem our educators are fully fine with that being the normal standard in today time.

Writing is better than typing for knowledge retention.

Writing in Cursive is faster than printing

Writing in cursive is therefore better for learning

You don't need to study cursive for years to know how to sign your name (which is increasingly done electronically, btw).

i didn't say it would take years. i said they aren't even taught it.

hard copy paper docs demand ink.

Sign your X on the dotted line has a meaning and it seem our educators are fully fine with that being the normal standard in today time.

sure - an X can be a stand in - but that means a 'witness' has to verify it. & that means a signature is still required.

You don't need cursive for that.

I didn't say you "need" it I said it's better for knowledge retention than typing and since writing cursive is faster than block printing it's easier to take better notes.

Therefore writing cursive is better for learning than typing or block printing.

If you really are a teacher you need to work on your reading comprehension.

Forum List

Back