The kids know more than we think

Oooooohhh THAT's how learning happens. Oh, right. So all those years I had those bad teachers who yammered on and on, I took notes in cursive, crammed the knowledge in my short term memory, puked it out on a test, and promptly forgot it. WHOA, right, who knew?
Show me the study that proves taking notes in cursive isn't best method for retention.

Show me the study that proves taking notes in cursive isn't best method for retention.

You are going to hammer a pointless route now. Like "Show me this isn't the best way to build a buggy".

Dude it might be. But why are we building buggies? We have cars, planes, trains, and buses. Hello?

If you don't retain the knowledge you don't learn.

If you don't learn you can't create things from that knowledge.
How long have you worked as a teacher? How much training and specific education in the field do you have? Just so you know, taking a free course Tuesday and Thursday nights at the community college for six weeks isn't going to be terribly persuasive.

I don't have to. "Taking notes" isn't the best way to learn at any rate, so the effort and time spent on cursive is immaterial.
Where did I say taking notes was the best way to learn anything?

And how much time did you spend learning cursive?

You yourself said you learned it in 3rd grade.

I never had a penmanship lesson after 3rd grade did you?

So show me the studies that prove cursive isn't the best method for retention of oral classroom material.

Or just admit you're wrong

How long have you worked as a teacher? How much training and specific education in the field do you have? Just so you know, taking a free course Tuesday and Thursday nights at the community college for six weeks isn't going to be terribly persuasive.

You don't work as a teacher because you post on the internet during school hours.

So why don't you do what teachers are supposed to do and find a study that disproves that writing in cursive is better than printing or typing for knowledge retention?

You are going to hammer a pointless route now. Like "Show me this isn't the best way to build a buggy".

Dude it might be. But why are we building buggies? We have cars, planes, trains, and buses. Hello?
Piss poor analogies.

Cars are better than buggies for transportation.

What do you have that is better than writing in cursive for retention of classroom material?

....... find a study that disproves that writing in cursive is better than printing or typing for knowledge retention?
Why don't you do what an obsessive wannabe on the internet does and Google "straw man," then stop being an obsessive wannabe on the internet and go get a few decades of actual experience in teaching? Your priorities might change a bit before you're done.

Why don't you do what an obsessive wannabe on the internet does and Google "straw man," then stop being an obsessive wannabe on the internet and go get a few decades of actual experience in teaching? Your priorities might change a bit before you're done.
Why do you insist on denying a proven fact?

Just one more check in the column that proves you're not a teacher

Where did I say taking notes was the best way to learn anything?

And how much time did you spend learning cursive?

You yourself said you learned it in 3rd grade.

I never had a penmanship lesson after 3rd grade did you?

So show me the studies that prove cursive isn't the best method for retention of oral classroom material.

Or just admit you're wrong

Please read for comprehension--I said we TEACH it in third grade.

Brain mapping, as it is called, shows that during cursive writing both the right and left hemispheres of the brain are active. This is something that is not present either while keyboarding or writing in print

Cursive is a curse on mankind
For many people, their writing is illegible

Do other alphabets have a second way of writing or is it just the Latin alphabet? I have wondered this for a long time. Do Greeks use a form of cursive? Do countries that write in Cyrillic? What about the Asian alphabets?

Forum List

Back