The kids know more than we think

sure - an X can be a stand in - but that means a 'witness' has to verify it. & that means a signature is still required.
Funny part is I am agreeing with you on this one because it is better to know how to properly sign your name and when to know a signature is needed…

I have two ways I sign and one is sloppy for just normal use and then the proper way for legal documents because it has to match my driver’s license signature…

Typing is much faster than writing in cursive.
But not as good for retention as writing.

Writing is better than typing. Writing in cursive is better than block printing.

The study revealed that students who wrote their notes on paper learned more than those who typed their notes1. Students who wrote their notes by hand were aware they wouldn’t catch every word. It forced them to focus on listening and digesting, then summarize in their own written words. The process made the brain work more efficiently; it also fosters comprehension and retention of the material.

The research shows that students who took notes on their laptop did take more notes. But, they retained much less. This is because students who use a laptop simply type a record of the lecture. They don’t use their brain to process what is being taught. Therefore, students are merely transcribing, not processing.

But not as good for retention as writing.

Writing is better than typing. Writing in cursive is better than block printing.

The study revealed that students who wrote their notes on paper learned more than those who typed their notes1. Students who wrote their notes by hand were aware they wouldn’t catch every word. It forced them to focus on listening and digesting, then summarize in their own written words. The process made the brain work more efficiently; it also fosters comprehension and retention of the material.

The research shows that students who took notes on their laptop did take more notes. But, they retained much less. This is because students who use a laptop simply type a record of the lecture. They don’t use their brain to process what is being taught. Therefore, students are merely transcribing, not processing.
How many Secretaries today know Stenography?

1637411187071.png

Which once again is not as good as writing for retention.

WHat do you not understand about that?

I call nonsense
I could write just as fast in block letters as cursive and my notes were more legible.
Teachers liked my work more in block letters than when I used script. Easier to read

I call nonsense
I could write just as fast in block letters as cursive and my notes were more legible.
Teachers liked my work more in block letters than when I used script. Easier to read

Brain mapping, as it is called, shows that during cursive writing both the right and left hemispheres of the brain are active. This is something that is not present either while keyboarding or writing in print

From very early grades, students do not have time in the school day to devote hours and hours to dipping a feathered quill into an ink pot and making superfluous curlicues just to assuage the insecurities of old people afraid of the changing world around them.

The so called divisions aren't really as deep as the politicians want you to think they are.

So that kids think they are just means they are believe what they watch on the boob tube and read on facebook.

That seems to me to indicate they really don't know as much as you think they do

Yes, they are.

Covid broke us. All that's left is the actual divorce.

Depends on what the individual grows accustomed to.
Brain mapping, as it is called, shows that during cursive writing both the right and left hemispheres of the brain are active. This is something that is not present either while keyboarding or writing in print

Writing is better than typing for knowledge retention.

Writing in Cursive is faster than printing

Writing in cursive is therefore better for learning

You know what, why don't we take them into caves too and teach them cave drawings. Good for fine motor skills so hey!

Geez

Forum List

Back