The Judean Liberation front...

“That” is one of the funniest scenes in the hysterically funny send-up of Christian and Jewish religious superstition, “national liberation movements” and just about every other conventional liberal and traditional belief system. “Life of Brian” was much ahead of its time in many ways. In other ways it was timeless satire and in still others good fun. It probably contains scenes in it to offend every ideological persuasion! One of my old favorites.

“That” is one of the funniest scenes in the hysterically funny send-up of Christian and Jewish religious superstition, “national liberation movements” and just about every other conventional liberal and traditional belief system. “Life of Brian” was much ahead of its time in many ways. In other ways it was timeless satire and in still others good fun. It probably contains scenes in it to offend every ideological persuasion! One of my old favorites.
The Bible thumpers were protesting it and wanting it banned in Oklahoma.

I saw this movie on its release and found it to be a masterpiece of social commentary, I started watching Monty in 1970, and the only channel in OKC that would broadcast it was PBS, without blocking any of the full frontal nudity.

My eldest son and I traveled to Dallass to see John Cleese on tour and a showing of Monty Python and The Holy Grail.

“Fucking Judean People’s Front” Moonglow

I think you shouldn’t be so hard on them, Moonglow . It was a difficult time. Without loudspeakers nobody could hear what Jesus was really saying. Lots of people thought he said “Blessed be the cheese makers” and “The Greeks will inherit the earth.” There were no Fox reporters there either — to give us the “real story.”

Anyway everybody knew you couldn’t trust the government or the Roman “globalists,” and there were wild hopes for national liberation.

That scene MaryL provided was just of a tiny group of “splitters” from the mainstream “Judean People’s Front.” Its real revolutionary vanguard [The “Judean People’s Front / Crack Suicide Squad”] was observed in action by Jesus — I mean Brian — himself. Of course at the time poor Brian had to watch from his perch up on the cross while being crucified:

Last edited:

I think you shouldn’t be so hard on them, Moonglow . It was a difficult time. Without loudspeakers nobody could hear what Jesus was really saying. Lots of people thought he said “Blessed be the cheese makers” and “The Greeks will inherit the earth.” There were no Fox reporters there either — to give us the “real story.”

Anyway everybody knew you couldn’t trust the government or the Roman “globalists,” and there were wild hopes for national liberation.

That scene MaryL provided was just of a tiny group of “splitters” from the mainstream “Judean People’s Front.” Its real revolutionary vanguard [The “Judean People’s Front / Crack Suicide Squad”] was observed in action by Jesus — I mean Brian — himself. Of course at the time poor Brian had to watch from his perch up on the cross while being crucified:

Hopefully, even Jesus got a "laugh"

If only they had included a hash-smoking gag before death.

Forum List

Back