The Irony of Whites Talking About Fatherless Black Families...

I think that they are more self-controlled than when manufacturing began its exodus. Maybe they have learned a lesson.
I was watching a PBS program on artificial intelligence and one segment featured job loss in Saginaw MI

it showed a long line of robots building cars

but what caught my eye was the name on every machine - Hyundai

why dont we even make the damn machines instead of buying them from Korea?
They are cheaper and better made. They used to be made here

They are cheaper and better made. They used to be made here
They are undoubtedly cheaper

foreign competators see to that just to get their foot in the door

then the US competition dries up and they are not cheaper anymore

The bottom line here has nothing to do with the government.
It has everything to do with government

not even massive companies like GM or GE can compete with the combined might of china

much as it pains me to say so some government intervention in the marketplace is needed

Last edited:
And how do you propose to create these "decent" manufacturing jobs when the American consumer can't/won't pay higher prices for American made goods?
Its not easy

consumers begin by wanting the lowest price for everything

then THEIR job moves to china and they desperately NEED the lowest price possible
That's the bottom line, isn't it? You can't beat Walmart or China on low cost and volume. The only thing you can do is offer a reason to pay more, and that's either through better service or higher quality. You can't just wish it into being.

For the most part, applications for mail-in ballots are mailed to those on the voter rolls.
Which is why democrats are against purging the voting rolls of migrants and dead people
No, they are not against purging. When Trump decides to purge during the election
and after the votes are counted, it leaves a bad taste. If the situation was reversed,
Trump would whine, meow, and complain.

How did they "steal" the election? Where is the fraud, except in trump's mind?
The mail in ballots
How are they fraud when an application for a ballot had to be filled out and when they were analyzed ad nausea?

Cute try or are you really that ignorant?

I don't know of anyone who is opposed to ABSENTEE BALLOTS. As you know, with an absentee ballot, one has to request the ballot which is then noted on the voter rolls. That individual's ballot is then checked against their registration when the ballot is returned. The signature is also matched against that on the voter registration.

As you know, or should know, this issue is with ballots being mailed to everyone registered. This policy is rife with opportunities for fraud.

Not another state takes the extraordinary steps taken in Oregon which has had 20 years to perfect and secure their system. They are meticulous about checking their voter rolls. They have employees who check obituaries, death certificates filed and any other means to delete people from the rolls. Most states haven't purged their rolls in many years. Every effort to purge most rolls results in Democrats screaming that their vote is being suppressed.
I was not for or against absentee ballots till it became obvious that democrats were ising them to steal elections

now I want every voter to appear at the polling place in person

No, they are not against purging. When Trump decides to purge during the election
and after the votes are counted, it leaves a bad taste.
I grant you that republicans do not take elections as seriously as democrats and dont seem to be aware of whats going on till the last minute

it really drives me crazy

What I mean is exactly how I put it. Trump supporters are not Republicans, and neither are you with your blather.
Ok, have it your way

it seems that a lot of washington swamp rats within the GOP think they are entitled to the votes of ordinary republicans

they, and you, are out of touch with reality

you never saw trump coming even though you had plenty of warning from the Tea Party in 2010 that things have changed

And how do you propose to create these "decent" manufacturing jobs when the American consumer can't/won't pay higher prices for American made goods?
Its not easy

consumers begin by wanting the lowest price for everything

then THEIR job moves to china and they desperately NEED the lowest price possible
That's the bottom line, isn't it? You can't beat Walmart or China on low cost and volume. The only thing you can do is offer a reason to pay more, and that's either through better service or higher quality. You can't just wish it into being.
Walmart is not the enemy but china clearly is

I think we still have the fighting spirit and also a talent for innovation

with proper protection from chinese mercantilism the American worker can compete

Indeed we have to compete or it will be a short road to the bottom

The descendants of the same people who would break up black families by selling them are today the loudest talking people trying to diss the black community about single parent families.

When people start talking about race, there are just some simple realities that cannot be denied. If you are white and don't like how you are portrayed, start thinking about how unpleasant it really is for us who are not white to be portrayed as weak inferior people who got conquered by a supposedly superior race and culture. It is not a pleasant subject. For this to end we all must face the unpleasantness.

The doctrine of Partus sequitur ventrem comes from European civil law. It means; “That which is brought forth follows the belly.” This principle determined the legal status of children born by slave women in the America as well as other English or European colonies In colonial law, the partus doctrine justified enslavement, the indigenous people of the Americas and of the Africans imported to various European colonies personal property of those who imported them.

During the time American was a colony, this doctrine established de facto and de jure slavery for all children born to female slaves. Partus sequitur ventrem exempted the father from his obligations to children he fathered by slaves thereby creating the ability for slaveowners to have their way with enslaved women. Under this doctrine the biological father had no paternal responsibility to any child born to a slave woman. Because of this the slaver was provided the right to profit from exploiting the labor of children born to slaves. It gave the slaver the ability to sell children by taking them away from their biological parents. Partus sequitur ventrem was the doctrine that created the first family separation policy in what is now America.

Despite the claims of Africans selling each other, the doctrine of Partus sequitur ventrem does not appear to be a part of the system of African slavery.

Partus Sequitur Ventrem — The Rule That Perpetrated Slavery And Legalized Rape

This was the legal doctrine that made any child of an American female slave a slave as well. It meant any white fathers had no financial responsibility for their progeny. They were free to rape their slaves at will as there were no laws against that either. With no concern for any children that might come from the forced union. In fact, there was a market for mulatto and octaroon children who would be purchased to work as domestics. Some owners (Thomas Jefferson) used their half-white slaves as their concubines, finding them more attractive the closer they were to white. Sally Hemings was Jefferson’s wife’s half-sister, the product of her father raping a slave. Then again the master might sell their offspring to keep the peace with their wives who might be annoyed at little slave children running around who favor their husbands.

Not talked about in proper society were the children of free white women and black slaves. White women who weren’t sure what color the child might be could get a legal abortion those days. “Cottonwood” was a remedy known to slaves who sometimes refused to have children after being raped or as often as the masters would like. Some women would be forced to have over a dozen children if they survived as death during childbirth was relatively common. The rare slave would be offered their freedom if they produced enough children. Sometimes the dark child of a white woman was abandoned or given away. Usually just sold off although technically they were legally free.

View attachment 437108

Partus Sequitur Ventrem — The Rule That Perpetrated Slavery And Legalized Rape | by William Spivey | Dialogue & Discourse | Medium

Partus sequitur ventrem legal definition of Partus sequitur ventrem (thefreedictionary.com)
" It is not a pleasant subject."

If that is true why are you so fixated on the subject? You must find it endlessly entertaining since you are continuously bringing it up with little or no excuse. Maybe if you left it alone it would fade back into ancient history where it belongs. Fatherless families are a real and current problem. Why not address that instead of giving an off subject history lesion?

What I mean is exactly how I put it. Trump supporters are not Republicans, and neither are you with your blather.
Ok, have it your way

it seems that a lot of washington swamp rats within the GOP think they are entitled to the votes of ordinary republicans

you never saw trump coming even though you had plenty of warning from the Tea Party in 2010 that things have changed
We had warnings that there was a stench in the Congress. Yes, things have changed for the worse as the insurrection on Wednesday indicated. The militancy of Trump was exposed in all its glory when his petulant, divisive, disruptive behavior
came to fruition on Wednesday, as he tried to orchestrate a takeover of our government with him as the titular boss of our Democratic state.

Ok, fair point, but who recognized the detrimental affect on our country first, and wants to reverse the immoral bullcrap ??
Its not a fair point

the ordinary conservative, republican, trump voter knew instinctively that moving jobs to china was a bad idea

I‘m not convinced that the elected class in washington, or in the media, or at our universities had any idea what the consequences of that would be

and many still have not realized the error of their ways because they still embrace globalism and the rise of china

joe biden for instance
The ordinary conservative Republican is not a Trump supporter because true Republicans have different ideals than Trump supporters. Back in the day when all this began, nobody knew "instinctively" that companies' moving was a bad idea.
What was known was that the high costs made their stay here untenable.
Cheaper goods were starting to flow into our country and our manufacturing
could no longer compete by lowering costs to meet the competition. It was a moving explosion waiting to happen.
We are a part of a global economy and isolation will drive up your cost of living dramatically. Trump has no skin in the game and, in fact, manufactures his clothing line in China because it is too expensive to do it here. We need to make trade deals with other countries that will benefit both and do it without saber-rattling.
To late for your pie in the sky bullcrap now bud. That ship has sailed. You'll do what your told, and you'll like it. Oh and don't try to find anything worth a crap for your money anymore, because you won't find that anymore.

You'll replace that washer and dryer every two to three years and like it. Oh and for the blacks who are still trying to get ahead, well that washer and dryer with everything else cheap that gobbles up all their money, will cause them to remain in poverty for years to come...The race baiting Democrat's will blame the white's for the black folks woes in life, otherwise as they sit back on their kick backs pile, and create the tax loop holes that they provide for their globalist loving buddies to do what they do.
Your washer and dryer are probably made somewhere else, hotshot. Do you know
where Bosch refrigeratorrs are
Ok, fair point, but who recognized the detrimental affect on our country first, and wants to reverse the immoral bullcrap ??
Its not a fair point

the ordinary conservative, republican, trump voter knew instinctively that moving jobs to china was a bad idea

I‘m not convinced that the elected class in washington, or in the media, or at our universities had any idea what the consequences of that would be

and many still have not realized the error of their ways because they still embrace globalism and the rise of china

joe biden for instance
The ordinary conservative Republican is not a Trump supporter because true Republicans have different ideals than Trump supporters. Back in the day when all this began, nobody knew "instinctively" that companies' moving was a bad idea.
What was known was that the high costs made their stay here untenable.
Cheaper goods were starting to flow into our country and our manufacturing
could no longer compete by lowering costs to meet the competition. It was a moving explosion waiting to happen.
We are a part of a global economy and isolation will drive up your cost of living dramatically. Trump has no skin in the game and, in fact, manufactures his clothing line in China because it is too expensive to do it here. We need to make trade deals with other countries that will benefit both and do it without saber-rattling.
To late for your pie in the sky bullcrap now bud. That ship has sailed. You'll do what your told, and you'll like it. Oh and don't try to find anything worth a crap for your money anymore, because you won't find that anymore.

You'll replace that washer and dryer every two to three years and like it. Oh and for the blacks who are still trying to get ahead, well that washer and dryer with everything else cheap that gobbles up all their money, will cause them to remain in poverty for years to come...The race baiting Democrat's will blame the white's for the black folks woes in life, otherwise as they sit back on their kick backs pile, and create the tax loop holes that they provide for their globalist loving buddies to do what they do.
Your washer and dryer are probably already made somewhere else. Do you know
where Bosch (German) appliances are made? They are manufactured in North Carolina because we are a part of a global economy.
"Race-baiting Democrats"? You mean racist Trump supporters, yes. Read some of the blogs on this site.
Maybe assembled here in country yes, but the cheap parts for assembly come in from all around the world. It matters not if we assemble it, and it doesn't matter where the parts come from, but what does matter to most consumer's is if they are getting their money's worth. I'd say for the most part these days probably not. Gone are the good ole day's of Americanism, and patriotism where we strived to be an American family who had each other's backs. Now it's every idiot for themselves while the elite or wealthy corporations exploit the divisive atmosphere it has sewn amongst us all now.

Ok, have it your way

We had warnings that there was a stench in the Congress. Yes, things have changed for the worse as the insurrection on Wednesday indicated. The militancy of Trump was exposed in all its glory when his petulant, divisive, disruptive behavior
came to fruition on Wednesday, as he tried to orchestrate a takeover of our government with him as the titular boss of our Democratic state.
Stop lying bo-bo..... Trump told his supporters to be peaceful and lawful when go to the capital building. Most did exactly that, but of course you'll always have those in the crowds who have other ideas.

Security assuming the best, and this by the past history of Trump rallies being very peaceful, had under-estimated those in the crowd who were not peaceful. A proffesional security force with good common sense judgement, could have defused or de-escalated the situation before it ever got going.

Wrong, lambchop. American workers will not win their jobs back, as history has indicated. You will simply pay more.
OK pajama boy, whatever you say

shar sort of a nation do you see America being when everything is imported from china and there are no meaningful jobs for people in this country
The question is---What to do short of saber-rattling, which accomplished nothing except to antagonize?
We increase tariffs, so do they, and we pay more. What we could do is to give corporations tax incentives to move here and Health care for all, as they have in Europe, which would be a huge financial relief for business. My view is that our workers, as they grow into adults, need to educate their brains, rather than their braun, to find better-paying jobs. That begins in their youth.
I think that the intellectual property problem is most important to resolve.
You do know why corporations started offering health insurance as a benefit to their employees, right? Think finding ways around government trying to control prices and wages.
Oh, I do know and it had nothing to do with government control of prices and wages. The fact is that corporations offered health insurance to attract potential
employees because it was inexpensive at the time.

If you just did a bit of research, you would not be so ignorant.

"While there were experiments as early as the 1920s, employer-sponsored health insurance truly began during World War II. During the war, wages were capped by the federal government, so employers needed another means to entice and keep employees. The incentive they decided on were benefits like health insurance. These health benefits packages were not considered a part of employees’ wages and the employers could deduct what they spent on these benefits packages from their corporate taxes."

How did they "steal" the election? Where is the fraud, except in trump's mind?
The mail in ballots
How are they fraud when an application for a ballot had to be filled out and when they were analyzed ad nausea?

Cute try or are you really that ignorant?

I don't know of anyone who is opposed to ABSENTEE BALLOTS. As you know, with an absentee ballot, one has to request the ballot which is then noted on the voter rolls. That individual's ballot is then checked against their registration when the ballot is returned. The signature is also matched against that on the voter registration.

As you know, or should know, this issue is with ballots being mailed to everyone registered. This policy is rife with opportunities for fraud.

Not another state takes the extraordinary steps taken in Oregon which has had 20 years to perfect and secure their system. They are meticulous about checking their voter rolls. They have employees who check obituaries, death certificates filed and any other means to delete people from the rolls. Most states haven't purged their rolls in many years. Every effort to purge most rolls results in Democrats screaming that their vote is being suppressed.

For the most part, applications for mail-in ballots are mailed to those on the voter rolls. You are mistaken. They just don't send ballots. I had to request an application
for a mail-in ballot. Purging can be done at any time and should be done, but the fraud, if any, was minuscule. Trump was trying to overturn an election that he LOST
and ballot reviews confirmed Biden's win over and over again.

If you just did a bit of research, you would not be so ignorant. Although I do appreciate the opportunity to post the truth about the lies you post. Here we have two in a row.

If you just did a bit of research, you would not be so ignorant.

Published October 9, 2020
States offering universal mail-in voting or sending absentee ballot requests to all voters
Many states are sending voters either ballots or ballot applications

By Tyler Olson | Fox News
[...]
Rules and procedures vary from state-to-state, with some sending actual ballots to every registered voter, some states sending people absentee ballot applications rather than the ballots themselves and other states requiring people to go online or to an election office to get an absentee ballot application. Some states before 2020 already ran universal mail-in elections quite successfully.
[...]

Wrong, lambchop. American workers will not win their jobs back, as history has indicated. You will simply pay more.
OK pajama boy, whatever you say

shar sort of a nation do you see America being when everything is imported from china and there are no meaningful jobs for people in this country
The question is---What to do short of saber-rattling, which accomplished nothing except to antagonize?
We increase tariffs, so do they, and we pay more. What we could do is to give corporations tax incentives to move here and Health care for all, as they have in Europe, which would be a huge financial relief for business. My view is that our workers, as they grow into adults, need to educate their brains, rather than their braun, to find better-paying jobs. That begins in their youth.
I think that the intellectual property problem is most important to resolve.
You declined to answer my question.

but we have answered it for you

without decent manufacturing jobs America becomes a province of china

its as simple as that
You have not answered anything because you don't want any suggestions. You hear what you want to hear.
Let me repeat:

without decent manufacturing jobs America becomes a province of china

its as simple as that
And how do you propose to create these "decent" manufacturing jobs when the American consumer can't/won't pay higher prices for American made goods? It's one thing to say, "WE NEED GOOD JOBS!!", quite another to figure out how to do it in a global economy.

As you know, President Donald Trump knew how to reduce unemployment to historic lows and especially among minority groups. He also increased their wages more so than that of upper-income workers which narrowed the income gap as well.

Why was that a bad thing?

For the most part, applications for mail-in ballots are mailed to those on the voter rolls.
Which is why democrats are against purging the voting rolls of migrants and dead people
and after the votes are counted, it leaves a bad taste. If the situation was reversed,
Trump would whine, meow, and complain.

Wow, for you it is just one lie after another. But, then again, I thank you for the opportunity so correct your intentional lies.

“This Is Voter Suppression”: 198,000 Georgia Residents Were Illegally Purged from Voter Rolls
JANUARY 05, 2021

###

Alarm over voter purges as 17m Americans removed from rolls in two years
This article is more than 1 year old

Tom McCarthy in New York
@TeeMcSee
Thu 1 Aug 2019 17.23 EDT

###

Purging Voter Rolls
Voter purging is another tactic that might seem reasonable on its face, but has been abused since the 2013 Supreme Court Shelby vs. Holder decision as a form of voter suppression. In its purest form, voter purging involves striking individual from voter rolls that no longer live in the area. For example, if someone moves from Macon County, Georgia to New York, they should no longer be able to vote in Macon County.

“At least 17 million voters were purged nationwide between 2016 and 2018” – Brennan Center

Roll purging is used heavily for voter suppression by removing eligible voters from the rolls, often without their knowledge. For example, in very large states like Texas, multiple people may have the same name and birthday. The state may purge (or both!) from the rolls, without checking first to see if they are false duplicates.

The militancy of Trump was exposed in all its glory when his petulant, divisive, disruptive behavior
Dont blame trump for being angry at democrat vote theft

how can the public ever trust an election result again except through ignorance and apathy?

Forum List

Back