The Iron Grip Of The Left…

….and why it is near impossible to break free.

1.Just this week we saw how tight a control the totalitarians have on the dissemination of information, of knowledge. They own the definitions of words, and use their allies in the media/publishing to change the very meanings to suit the agenda.

2. At the Barrett hearings, an example writ large (see what I did there..): “Sen. Hirono grills Amy Coney Barrett for describing sexual orientation as a ‘preference’”

It is imperative to have all Americans believe that homosexuality is genetically determined, and not a lifestyle choice. Anyone who says it is must hate gay people, as per political correctness.
Or you will be attacked by the woke folks.

3. As soon as the herd got the message about the term ‘sexual preference,’

“Merriam-Webster Dictionary Adds 'Offensive' to 'Sexual Preference' Definition After Amy Coney Barrett Uses Term in Hearings”

4. First thing to notice is that the Left and its forces behave as one. The second thing, is that every one of the politicians has used that very term, ‘sexual preference’ throughout his and her career.

5. And Third……there is a large body of evidence that homosexuality is a preference, and one that often does not last a lifetime.

“In fact, numbers show huge majorities of those who "ever had same sex sexual contact" do not identify long-term as gay. Among women 18-44, for instance, 12.5% report some form of same sex contact at some point in their lives, but among the older segment of that group (35-44), only 0.7% identify as homosexual and 1.1% as bisexual.

In other words, for the minority who may have experimented with gay relationships at some juncture in their lives, well over 80% explicitly renounced homosexual (or even bisexual) self-identification by age of 35. For the clear majority of males (as well as women) who report gay encounters, homosexual activity appears to represent a passing phase, or even a fleeting episode, rather than an unshakable, genetically pre-determined orientation.”
Column: Does it matter if only 1.4% of people are gay? - USATODAY.com

The anodyne is research, study, and an understanding of Rule #1:

Every argument from Democrats and Liberals is a misrepresentation, a fabrication, or a bald-faced lie.

Thank you, PC and happy Sunday. A bit of anecdotal tragedy for you. We drove up to visit with my parents yesterday and to take in changing leaves on the way. My parents were, for much of the time we were present, glued to an NBC network news show, one where the talking heads were blabbering on and on about Trump campaign events super spreading COVID-19. My mother, bless her heart, was so enraptured and emotionally taken by the program that she was weeping and damning our President in the same breaths. My father, a retired public school history teacher was, while less "taken" or entranced by the anti-American news, still visibly upset by it.

Just the other day my father called me, terrified, to talk about various events occurring around our nation and on the global scene which he knew nothing about until my sister unloaded them on him. He never sees or hears word one about what's really going down out there in the wider world precisely because the "news" networks he chooses to watch lie to him 24/7. It's a hell of a thing when the man who chased away all your make believe childhood "monsters" comes to you in sheer terror to seek reassurance his own greatest fears are not coming true.

What do we tell our loved ones? Do we allow them the security of ignorance and the false warmth of radical leftist brainwashing or do we burst that bubble of lies and clobber them over their heads with the truly terrifying truth: the American they always knew and loved is no more . . .

1.Just this week we saw how tight a control the totalitarians have on the dissemination of information, of knowledge. They own the definitions of words, and use their allies in the media/publishing to change the very meanings to suit the agenda.

2. At the Barrett hearings, an example writ large (see what I did there..): “Sen. Hirono grills Amy Coney Barrett for describing sexual orientation as a ‘preference’”

It is imperative to have all Americans believe that homosexuality is genetically determined, and not a lifestyle choice. Anyone who says it is must hate gay people, as per political correctness.

“Merriam-Webster Dictionary Adds 'Offensive' to 'Sexual Preference' Definition After Amy Coney Barrett Uses Term in Hearings”

4. First thing to notice is that the Left and its forces behave as one. The second thing, is that every one of the politicians has used that very term, ‘sexual preference’ throughout his and her career.

5. And Third……there is a large body of evidence that homosexuality is a preference, and one that often does not last a lifetime.

“In fact, numbers show huge majorities of those who "ever had same sex sexual contact" do not identify long-term as gay. Among women 18-44, for instance, 12.5% report some form of same sex contact at some point in their lives, but among the older segment of that group (35-44), only 0.7% identify as homosexual and 1.1% as bisexual.

In other words, for the minority who may have experimented with gay relationships at some juncture in their lives, well over 80% explicitly renounced homosexual (or even bisexual) self-identification by age of 35. For the clear majority of males (as well as women) who report gay encounters, homosexual activity appears to represent a passing phase, or even a fleeting episode, rather than an unshakable, genetically pre-determined orientation.”

Every argument from Democrats and Liberals is a misrepresentation, a fabrication, or a bald-faced lie.

Thank you, PC and happy Sunday. A bit of anecdotal tragedy for you. We drove up to visit with my parents yesterday and to take in changing leaves on the way. My parents were, for much of the time we were present, glued to an NBC network news show, one where the talking heads were blabbering on and on about Trump campaign events super spreading COVID-19. My mother, bless her heart, was so enraptured and emotionally taken by the program that she was weeping and damning our President in the same breaths. My father, a retired public school history teacher was, while less "taken" or entranced by the anti-American news, still visibly upset by it.

Just the other day my father called me, terrified, to talk about various events occurring around our nation and on the global scene which he knew nothing about until my sister unloaded them on him. He never sees or hears word one about what's really going down out there in the wider world precisely because the "news" networks he chooses to watch lie to him 24/7. It's a hell of a thing when the man who chased away all your make believe childhood "monsters" comes to you in sheer terror to seek reassurance his own greatest fears are not coming true.

What do we tell our loved ones? Do we allow them the security of ignorance and the false warmth of radical leftist brainwashing or do we burst that bubble of lies and clobber them over their heads with the truly terrifying truth: the American they always knew and loved is no more . . .
The red pill Matrix.

See if this meets that level of tragedy.....my two little ones said twitter can do whatever they want......they own the company.

Those who control the language, control the narrative. Republicans learned that a long time ago. Democrats are late to the game, but they've been quick studies.

Right wing terrorist groups are neither "patriots" nor "militias". They are armed gangs of anti-government thugs bent on destruction and mayhem.

You're the folks who have used language to great effect in the abortion debate. You're not "pro-life", you're "anti-abortion". If you were pro-life, you'd oppose the death penalty, war, and police violence. You vilify the "pro-choice" movement as "pro-abortion", which is a total and complete lie.

Even Catholic nuns, who have no need to ever have an abortion, are "pro-choice" because it allows women to make their own decisions based on their own faith and beliefs. They are promoting better resources for poor pregnant women to enable them to be able to afford to carry their babies to term. Things like a higher minimum wage, universal health care, child care options.

The nuns have pointed out that the rate of abortion always goes down when Democrats in office, and goes up under Republican Administrations. If you want to reduce abortion in the USA, vote democrat.

MInd-bending question:

If there were a Gay Gene, and it could be identified in utero, would Leftists try to outlaw aborting a child because it would be gay, if allowed to be born?

Would homosexuality be extinguished within a generation under this scenario? (Like Downe's Syndrome)

There is no "radical left brainwashing". Captain Covid really is holding superspreader events and promoting herd immunity. You're the one promoting conspiracy theories and lies.

Telling the truth isn't "anti-American" either. Neither is being opposed to the Republican Party, their toxic policies, or their white supremacist President, which have the USA on the brink of authoritarian dictatorship.

Nice to see you drinking the Trump Kool-aid, with a strong sweetener of Russian propaganda.

There is no "radical left brainwashing". Captain Covid really is holding superspreader events and promoting herd immunity. You're the one promoting conspiracy theories and lies.

Telling the truth isn't "anti-American" either. Neither is being opposed to the Republican Party, their toxic policies, or their white supremacist President, which have the USA on the brink of authoritarian dictatorship.

Nice to see you drinking the Trump Kool-aid, with a strong sweetener of Russian propaganda.

Clean off your specs, old timer......

The OP provided a perfect example of the radical brainwashing you have succumbed to:

At the Barrett hearings, an example writ large (see what I did there..): “Sen. Hirono grills Amy Coney Barrett for describing sexual orientation as a ‘preference’”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/10/14/sexual-preference-coney-barrett-hirono/

Merriam-Webster Dictionary Adds 'Offensive' to 'Sexual Preference' Definition After Amy Coney Barrett Uses Term in Hearings

RE: The Thread title

If one thinks the grip of the Left is iron today, you ain't see nothing yet.

In just over two months, the most authoritarian regime in American history will take over.

Censorship in the media (and the Internet) will be on steroids.

Censors will have to get permission from BLM & the DNC before allowing comments to be published or posted.

On January 20, we join Russia & China & England as one of the countries where everyone must parrot the party line or shut up.

In just over two months, the most authoritarian regime in American history will take over.

Censors will have to get permission from BLM & the DNC before allowing comments to be published or posted.

On January 20, we join Russia & China & England as one of the countries where everyone must parrot the party line or shut up.

P.....you gotta stop using that Magic 8-Ball.

1603038228543.png

The question is, why do you spend so much time hating gay people at all.

Some people are gay. Has no effect on my life. In fact, some gay people have actually really done right by me.

When you get down to it, all anti-gay arguments boil down to

1) I think it's icky.
2) My Imaginary Friend in the Sky says it's bad.

Neither is a rational basis for policy.
Who said anything about hating gay people? Quit going off topic. "Sexual preference" is not an offensive term, yet democrats are trying to say that it is all of a sudden. Why are you people pretending like its an offensive term?

MInd-bending question:

If there were a Gay Gene, and it could be identified in utero, would Leftists try to outlaw aborting a child because it would be gay, if allowed to be born?

Would homosexuality be extinguished within a generation under this scenario? (Like Downe's Syndrome)

The leftists are pro-choice. We're not asking you why you're aborting your pregnancy. That's your business. There are some people who are using abortion to for sex selection. They want a boy and will abort a female fetus, or vice versa. I find this gross and horrible, but it's not my family, and it's none of my business. Many of the genes for Downs Syndrom, Tay Sachs, and other genetic illness have been identified, and amnio-centisis can idenitfy whether the fetus carries any of these genes.

The gay gene hasn't been identified. There are 30,000 genes in the human genone. While some genes have been identified - breast cancer being one example. Women are getting the test done to identify it, and those with the gene have the option of having "preventative" surgery to remove breast tissue.

I'm sorry, which heteros are in the closet? Seems to me that sexuality is used to sell products pretty openly
Again, your great at bait and switch, and taking statements out of context.
So lets ask it this way; are you comfortable with one male inserting his penis into the body cavity of another male where he defecates ?
If you are alright with this concept, then you are not part of what most Americans believe.
Im not saying that you are right or wrong, just slightly ***** in the way you believe.
I will stick with God and normal procreation, combined with American values.

P.....you gotta stop using that Magic 8-Ball.

View attachment 403515

Yeah that strictly a

The question is, why do you spend so much time hating gay people at all.

Some people are gay. Has no effect on my life. In fact, some gay people have actually really done right by me.

When you get down to it, all anti-gay arguments boil down to

1) I think it's icky.
2) My Imaginary Friend in the Sky says it's bad.

Neither is a rational basis for policy.
Who said anything about hating gay people? Quit going off topic. "Sexual preference" is not an offensive term, yet democrats are trying to say that it is all of a sudden. Why are you people pretending like its an offensive term?

"Sexual preference" refers to "Do you want a boy or a girl". "Sexual orientation" refers to gay, bi or straight, trans or sisgendered.

When you use 'sexual orientation" in place of "sexual preference", you imply that people have made choice about their sexual orientation. To which I would say "When did you 'decide' to be straight?". If being gay is a choice, everyone should be able to remember when they made that decision, and why they decided to be straight. I've had peole ask me if I wasn't curious about having sex with a woman, and I can honestly answer "No, never".

I've met 10 year olds who I knew were gay. It was just that obvious. I once had a 9 year old girl ask me if girls could marry girls. I would never ever thought about such a thing when I was a child. This was before gay marriage was legalized. She's now an adult and out.

Inability to come to terms with being gay is the leading reason for teen suicide. If being gay is a "choice", couldn't they just make a "different" choice and not kill themselves?

I'm sorry, which heteros are in the closet? Seems to me that sexuality is used to sell products pretty openly
Again, your great at bait and switch, and taking statements out of context.
So lets ask it this way; are you comfortable with one male inserting his penis into the body cavity of another male where he defecates ?
If you are alright with this concept, then you are not part of what most Americans believe.
Im not saying that you are right or wrong, just slightly ***** in the way you believe.
I will stick with God and normal procreation, combined with American values.

False equivalency. I'm OK with consenting adults loving who ever they chose in whatever manner they chose, and 60% of the USA agrees with me. When you say that this most Americans don't believe the same, you are wrong.

I find the idea that conservative evangelical teenage girls are taking it up the ass, engaginG in oral sex and giving blow jobs to their boyfriends because they made a vow before God to be a "virgin", when they married. They're doing stuff that would make a Church Street hooker blush, because they promised to keep that hymen intact. I think that this is far sicker than anything that gays are doing.

This is the law of unintended consequences. In Biblical times, sex came with betrothal, and there were no prohibitions against premarital sex. That came with the Roman Catholic Church, and isn't Biblical at all. The only prohibition against sex in the Bible is against adultery.

When God spoke to Mary, Mary wasn't concerned about what others would think. She was concerned what Joseph would think because they hadn't yet had sex, and the Holy Spirit assured Joseph that Mary hadn't betrayed him.

Just one example: their stated aim of ending traditional marriage and the nuclear family. The idea is so far, far from the center of Western Civilization that they cannot point to a single philosopher, sage, or religious leader throughout history who has endorsed the view.

Traditional Marriage usually mean the woman was property... I don't think anyone wants to go back to that.

Traditional family was you had six kids because four of them would die before they reached adulthood. You ended up marrying at 14 because that's when little Billy got little Sally pregnant. No one bothered with silly ideas like Love. Love was for rich people who could afford books... and most people didn't get educated for most of history, either.

Yet the Left has convince untold numbers of voters to install the party with that intent. Not stupid, as their voters are….the motivators of this are evil.

Going back to a misogynistic, racist past is evil...

My error...
Sexuality is a private matter.
The need to publicize a private matter is a vice.
The overwhelming number of homosexual couples I know are discreet.
Why do we need laws to protect everybody when corporate attorneys will always get around the law?

Why should people be discreet about who they love?

I worked with a lady who was at the company I was at for 14 years. Did a great job. Recently earned herself a promotion. Most of us who were her close friends knew she was gay.

Well, at the company party in 2000, she brought her partner as her date. Her partner didn't do anything lewd or vulgar, she just danced and had good time with everyone else. A few weeks later they fired her. Claimed it was because they didn't need that position anymore, but they filled it again a couple weeks later.

This is what the fight for gay rights is... that they should have the same dignity and consideration that the rest of us take for granted. Not unlike BLM wanting to be able to walk down the street without being brutalized by the police. You know, stuff we white, straight people kind of take for granted.

My error...
Sexuality is a private matter.
The need to publicize a private matter is a vice.
The overwhelming number of homosexual couples I know are discreet.
Why do we need laws to protect everybody when corporate attorneys will always get around the law?

Why should people be discreet about who they love?

I worked with a lady who was at the company I was at for 14 years. Did a great job. Recently earned herself a promotion. Most of us who were her close friends knew she was gay.

Well, at the company party in 2000, she brought her partner as her date. Her partner didn't do anything lewd or vulgar, she just danced and had good time with everyone else. A few weeks later they fired her. Claimed it was because they didn't need that position anymore, but they filled it again a couple weeks later.

This is what the fight for gay rights is... that they should have the same dignity and consideration that the rest of us take for granted. Not unlike BLM wanting to be able to walk down the street without being brutalized by the police. You know, stuff we white, straight people kind of take for granted.
Situations like this don't bother me; it's when people initiate, for no reason other than to make a point, where they are coming from.
Being fired for sexual orientation?
I have been fired for being an American.
The US is an Employment At Will nation.
Does that suck?
Yes.
Deal with it.

Forum List

Back