The indifference I feel right now is so compelling I feel I must spread it like a new religion

The opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference.

The rich man didn't hate the beggar at his gate, he simply didn't care what happened to him.

When blacks burn things down they are trying to make indifferent white people care about their problems. They have to try really, really hard because white people are so completely indifferent to black people's problems they have to burn down an entire city just to get a raised eyebrow of concern.

Temporarily, blacks have our attention.

But blacks better act fast to get change done because white people will go back to indifference in a very short period of time.
Once again, you don't speak for "white people."
No but he does relate to history and historically that is what whites have done, Hell even now I could give a shit about Black Lives Matter
Historically, almost no one ever traveled more than a few miles from the spot where they were born. Historically, people only lived to be about 30-40 years old. Historically, people thought a solar eclipse signaled the end of the world. Historically, people thought migraines were caused by demons in the head that had to be released by drilling a hole in the skull. Historically, people thought the earth was at the center of the solar system.

It's ok to grow up.

What intrigues me is that black people think there could be anything they could do to force white people to care about their problems.

What would make them think that?

What intrigues me is that black people think there could be anything they could do to force white people to care about their problems.

Looks like "they" have succeeded in maintaining your obsession.
All they have succeeded in doing is making me realize that if they burn down every building in their neighborhood and steal every wide-screen TV the net effect on my life is zero.

All they have succeeded in doing is making me realize that if they burn down every building in their neighborhood and steal every wide-screen TV the net effect on my life is zero.
Nobody cares about your indifference.

I'm glad to see my philosophy has taken root in the community.

You don’t have a philosophy; you are just crying for attention.

You are giving me attention. Thank you.

Not caring about your fellow man will make your life path easier.

But, a desire to stick it to your fellow man will make your life more fun ...

d52ed8v-6c05b5bc-c517-4ebd-af70-493e7b4c0928.jpg

maybe they'll take your new religion seriously and burn you at the stake.

I would welcome the experience.

will you let them video feed so we can all enjoy the experience as well.

will you let them video feed so we can all enjoy the experience as well.
Yes, definitely.

You are giving me attention. Thank you.
And you are showing a great concern for the problems of "the black community."

Yup, that's nihilism alright. Existential weakness.

I feel that spreading my new Gospel of Indifference might help others achieve the same sense of inner peace I now experience.

But that would require effort, and alas, effort expended to help others is to be avoided.
I'm rather of the opinion that if you spread your gospel of indifference, none of your disciples would care.

is it surprising the christian's choice of apathy after their centuries of persecuting and victimization of the innocent - what will they do with themselves ... till emerge anew glowing in the image of reformation.

:abgg2q.jpg:

If you don't give a damn nothing can touch you.

That is my new philosophy of life.
I don’t believe you. I think you tell yourself you don’t care because you are so frustrated from caring so much. You’ll be Mr Cool for a little while and then something will make you pop.

Forum List

Back