The Homeless

"Based on currently available numbers, there are about 31 vacant housing units for every homeless person in the U.S."

After plateauing between 2017 and 2019, house prices in the United States saw an increase in 2020 and 2021. The average sales price of a new home in 2020 was 391,900 U.S. dollars and in 2021, it reached 453,700 U.S. dollars.

Do you think a homeless person has $453,700?

Drug addiction and mental illness are the chief drivers of homelessness.

Many of the mentally ill "self medicate" with drugs and alcohol.

I've been working with the homeless for decades. In my state, if you call 9-1-1 for a homeless person who is having a psychotic break, they send the cops instead of an ambulance. Every. Single. Time.

I can't tell you how many times this has happened to me. The last time I call 9-1-1 for someone in a dangerous mental condition, they sent the cops. The cops told me they didn't think the guy needed help because they knew a homeless guy who injects himself with his own piss.

This was their benchmark!

Unbelievable.

That man I called 9-1-1 for ended up attacking someone, exactly as I had warned the police about. A local internet community board was filled with raging citizens who were out for the homeless guy's blood. I told them they should be going after the police for gross negligence.

Most of the mentally ill living on the street decline being taken to a shelter because they have anthropophobia. They don't feel safe around other people and prefer to live in a tent in the woods, or on a sidewalk, or in a roadside culvert.

I've also offered to take homeless drug addicts to a shelter when winter storm weather was approaching. I told them they will be fed, given new clothes, a hot show and hot food and a warm bed. They almost always decline, preferring to do their meth instead.

I guess meth keeps you warm because one guy was wearing a short-sleeved T-shirt as the storm approached.

The War On Drugs™ has been a catastrophic failure. We need to try something new.

We need more mental health facilities and treatment centers.

After plateauing between 2017 and 2019, house prices in the United States saw an increase in 2020 and 2021. The average sales price of a new home in 2020 was 391,900 U.S. dollars and in 2021, it reached 453,700 U.S. dollars.

Do you think a homeless person has $453,700?
Maybe more folks could afford housing if the corrupt establishment weren't debasing the currency. :dunno:

iu

Forum List

Back