The Great Depression in a nutshell

FDR won by a landslide in 32

Every hard core R I know in their 80s tells me they would have died of starvation if not for FDR.

Yup.

from what i understand Americans loved FDR ,and were rather 'lost' when he passed

but that's a tad different from what got us into the depression, and what got us out of it

fact is the term 'recession' was created to ease the painc of the term depression, which we seem to live by degree >>>
Economic-Expansions-and-Depressions-since-1900.jpg

~S~

FDR won by a landslide in 32

Every hard core R I know in their 80s tells me they would have died of starvation if not for FDR.

Yup.

from what i understand Americans loved FDR ,and were rather 'lost' when he passed

but that's a tad different from what got us into the depression, and what got us out of it

fact is the trm 'recession' was created to ease the painc of the term depression, which we seem to live by degree >>>
Economic-Expansions-and-Depressions-since-1900.jpg

~S~
Unaudited overseas investments, ala Housing Bubble, caused the GD.

Last edited:
And, “The states that gave Franklin Roosevelt larger percentages of the popular vote in 1932 were rewarded with significantly more federal aid than less-supportive constituencies.” What else would anyone expect?
I can hardly write a book about the Great Depression or the lead-in to WWII, but I remember some of it, and I have also seen documentaries on the contributing dust bowl. But mostly I remember the kitchen table talks at home (in Michigan). My family was grateful to FDR. During the war was also a time when Americans pulled together. The business owner car-pooled with his secretary and the janitor. My mom bought me Buster Brown shoes instead of the sharp ones I wanted because they were rationed and I could only have one pair so it had to be the practical ones. At home sugar was rationed so it was sorted into individual named containers, and if we used more than our share...tough luck, we ate our Corn Flakes without it. We saved newspapers, tin foil off gum wrappers, Lucky Strike packaged in OD green, gas & oil and new tires were out of the question and most of all, there were stars in nearly every window. I didn't know we were under restrictions though. EVERYONE shared the burden.

I guess I'm like the confederate that insists new history is wrong in the reasons for secession that I scorn, because I resent the rewrite of the depression that is contrary to my memories. Oklahoma for example, red to the bone, took the helping hand the Feds extended. CCC built beautiful as well as useful projects, and sent a percentage of the paychecks to workers home. Hoover Dam, Mt Hood lodge, the hated TVA...all weren't just 'busy work' and none of which we would not today have without the feds.

So I don't much like the contemporary scorn of an era I remember as saving dignity.
Propaganda about the greatness of FDR, doped millions of Americans. Still does to this day, sadly. FDR was an economic illiterate, but he was a great politician. This means he was a prodigious liar and terribly corrupt.
:yes_text12::thankusmile::TH_WAY~113::udaman::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I wonder how long it will be before USMB's resident paid troll campy will come along and try and derail the truth discussion of FDR's corruption here.

He is as annoying for his lies he eats up from the media and our corrupt school system as political chi is on her propaganda swallowing the lies from the media and our schools with her constant lies of Reagan and how great HE was.:rolleyes::cuckoo: one is as annoying as the other s you well know.

And, “The states that gave Franklin Roosevelt larger percentages of the popular vote in 1932 were rewarded with significantly more federal aid than less-supportive constituencies.” What else would anyone expect?
I can hardly write a book about the Great Depression or the lead-in to WWII, but I remember some of it, and I have also seen documentaries on the contributing dust bowl. But mostly I remember the kitchen table talks at home (in Michigan). My family was grateful to FDR. During the war was also a time when Americans pulled together. The business owner car-pooled with his secretary and the janitor. My mom bought me Buster Brown shoes instead of the sharp ones I wanted because they were rationed and I could only have one pair so it had to be the practical ones. At home sugar was rationed so it was sorted into individual named containers, and if we used more than our share...tough luck, we ate our Corn Flakes without it. We saved newspapers, tin foil off gum wrappers, Lucky Strike packaged in OD green, gas & oil and new tires were out of the question and most of all, there were stars in nearly every window. I didn't know we were under restrictions though. EVERYONE shared the burden.

I guess I'm like the confederate that insists new history is wrong in the reasons for secession that I scorn, because I resent the rewrite of the depression that is contrary to my memories. Oklahoma for example, red to the bone, took the helping hand the Feds extended. CCC built beautiful as well as useful projects, and sent a percentage of the paychecks to workers home. Hoover Dam, Mt Hood lodge, the hated TVA...all weren't just 'busy work' and none of which we would not today have without the feds.

So I don't much like the contemporary scorn of an era I remember as saving dignity.
Propaganda about the greatness of FDR, doped millions of Americans. Still does to this day, sadly. FDR was an economic illiterate, but he was a great politician. This means he was a prodigious liar and terribly corrupt.
Gipper, I see it as propaganda against the greatness of FDR. I see millions of doped Americans that weren't there reading Republican after-thought books about the long run. And any person who supports Trump and calls FDR a prodigious liar and corrupt loses credibility. Especially how an extended government shutdown is a good thing according to Republicans in the long run. There are some needs that can't wait it out.

the great FDR? seriously? :cuckoo:oh my god,another campy is is the house except this isnt paid troll campy,its just a brainwashed sheep that only read what his textbooks taught him from our corrupt school system.:rolleyes: uh no its irresponsible to say FDR was NOT a fucking liar.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Well the people that lived during the depression voted for FDR four times and that just may be an inkling of what the people thought of FDR's leadership during the depression. But wait, what of the nation's historians? Well the historians, since 1948 have named FDR as America's greatest president. So that leaves the Republicans searching for a way to create their own FDR. Maybe the best for Republicans is to elect a president that will outdo FDR. How about Trump?

grasping at straws again as always I see when getting taken to school by Gipper that FDR was a traiter and a lying murderous asshole.:abgg2q.jpg:

as always you get desperate and use the tiresome and lame rebuttal of historians who are on the payroll of our corrupt government to tell propaganda about FDR.:abgg2q.jpg::itsok::itsok:

They ALSO churn out propaganda everyday how traiter and warmonger globalist Ronnie Reagan was,that he was a great american and patriot and one of the best presidents ever as well.:laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::iyfyus.jpg::itsok::itsok:

Gipper, I see it as propaganda against the greatness of FDR. I see millions of doped Americans that weren't there reading Republican after-thought books about the long run. And any person who supports Trump and calls FDR a prodigious liar and corrupt loses credibility. Especially how an extended government shutdown is a good thing according to Republicans in the long run. There are some needs that can't wait it out.

the great FDR? seriously? :cuckoo:oh my god,another campy is is the house except this isnt paid troll campy,its just a brainwashed sheep that only read what his textbooks taught him from our corrupt school system.:rolleyes:

we know it is the truth now when our CIA paid shill wrongwinger starts getting desperate and disguises his whining and crying as smileys after gipper owned the shills ass.:laughing0301::iyfyus.jpg:

Well the people that lived during the depression voted for FDR four times and that just may be an inkling of what the people thought of FDR's leadership during the depression. But wait, what of the nation's historians? Well the historians, since 1948 have named FDR as America's greatest president. So that leaves the Republicans searching for a way to create their own FDR. Maybe the best for Republicans is to elect a president that will outdo FDR. How about Trump?

grasping at straws again as always I see when getting taken to school by Gipper that FDR was a traiter and a lying murderous asshole.:abgg2q.jpg:

as always you get desperate and use the tiresome and lame rebuttal of historians who are on the payroll of our corrupt government to tell propaganda about FDR.:abgg2q.jpg::itsok::itsok:

They ALSO churn out propaganda everyday how traiter and warmonger globalist Ronnie Reagan was,that he was a great american and patriot and one of the best presidents ever as well.:laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::iyfyus.jpg::itsok::itsok:

Reagan voted for FDR in every presidential election, so that would be four times. Same numberas FDR ran for president.

Reagan voted for FDR in every presidential election, so that would be four times. Same numberas FDR ran for president.
So what? No one cares who Reagan voted for and it is meaningless anyway.

So what? No one cares who Reagan voted for and it is meaningless anyway.

Hindsight is twenty-twenty yet living at that time and in the era the American voters decided which they liked most and you can see by FDR's continued re-election to four terms he was doing what the American people wanted..Not so much for the GOP platform..

FDR said that working for dollars was better than charity, so able people worked during the Great Depression. The PWA and WPA supplied the jobs
The WPA built 1000 miles of airport runways,
651,000 miles of highways
12,400 bridges
8000 parks
installed 69.000 highway light poles
made 18,000 play grounds
made 125,000 public buildings
made 41,000 schools
improved 41.300 schools.
Created TVA
and that was just the WPA. there was still the PWA and for the kids on the road the CCC.

FDR said that working for dollars was better than charity, so able people worked during the Great Depression. The PWA and WPA supplied the jobs
12,400 bridges
8000 parks
made 18,000 play grounds
made 41,000 schools
improved 41.300 schools.
Created TVA
and that was just the WPA. there was still the PWA and for the kids on the road the CCC.
Will of those billions spent, yes there was some good. Mostly bad though.

12,400 bridges
8000 parks
made 18,000 play grounds
made 41,000 schools
improved 41.300 schools.
Created TVA
It was cheap labor and a way to get money into the hands of the needy

We still benefit from many, many of those projects

12,400 bridges
8000 parks
made 18,000 play grounds
made 41,000 schools
improved 41.300 schools.
Created TVA
Gipper, it wasn't a hand-out or subsidy..it was work...low pay but work..which is what people wanted, not charity. And they took pride in what they accomplished.

12,400 bridges
8000 parks
made 18,000 play grounds
made 41,000 schools
improved 41.300 schools.
Created TVA
Gipper, it wasn't a hand-out or subsidy..it was work...low pay but work..which is what people wanted, not charity. And they took pride in what they accomplished.
Good for them, but it did nothing end the GD. Dumb fuck FDR impoverished the nation for over ten years, with his dipshit policies.

So what was the Republican plan for the Great Depression? America elected Hoover first and so his plan was put into operation. What was Hoover's plan?

12,400 bridges
8000 parks
made 18,000 play grounds
made 41,000 schools
improved 41.300 schools.
Created TVA
Good for them, but it did nothing end the GD. Dumb fuck FDR impoverished the nation for over ten years, with his dipshit policies.
So if FDR had let that 25% unemployed and the millions who lost homes to flounder instead of a helping hand, would the GD have ended sooner? Trickle down, so to speak?

So what was the Republican plan for the Great Depression? America elected Hoover first and so his plan was put into operation. What was Hoover's plan?
Dumb as usual. Because the Rs were just as dumb as your beloved Stalin’s Stooge, does nothing for your argument.

12,400 bridges
8000 parks
made 18,000 play grounds
made 41,000 schools
improved 41.300 schools.
Created TVA
So if FDR had let that 25% unemployed and the millions who lost homes to flounder instead of a helping hand, would the GD have ended sooner? Trickle down, so to speak?
Dumb fuck FDR FORCED farmers all over the nation to destroy their crops. Under the kindergarten belief that scarcity would raise prices. This while many Americans were starving. The man was a dunce of dunces.

He should be condemned by all Americans. Sadly in the Age of Statism, Americans are unable to think.

Forum List

Back