The GOP Has a Problem: My Generation Isn't Conservative

I don’t think I am going out on a limb when I say you don’t speak for your generation. This generation who is so enamored with letting big government run their lives are the same people who liked letting mommy and daddy take care of them until they were told I take care of you you live by my rules. News flash it will be same with mommy and daddy government you want them to provide for you the payout is going to be shut up do what your told and don’t ask questions. I don’t think you will like that arrangement.

I think it's possible that they WILL get a reality check, as did the generations before them. It's just that theirs has been delayed, and will subsequently be much uglier when it comes.

Reality gets everyone in the end, as does karma.

In response to the OP, it is obvious that that current, 21st century GOP problem is Trumpism. Real conservatives seek to protect the environment, are fiscally responsible and support democracy.

I dont care for conservatism very much but it is a hell of a lot better than regressive illiberalism.

"regressive illiberalism"? Seems to me that this defines the current iteration of Trumpism.

See: The Rise of Illiberalism

Take note that the top of this line has this below the title: By Thomas J. Main
October 26, 2021
illiberalism is the opposite of liberalism.
Todays "liberals" are illiberals.

Provide examples, compare and contrast what Biden is doing vis a vis what trump has done.

And btw, read the link, it's not long and it is written by the Brookings Institute.

Millennials and Generation Z show no sign of growing more conservative over time like the Boomers did. We must address the age gap.

The GOP has a problem, and it MIGHT be because they haven't had a good President since *checks notes*

It’s true...your generation shows no signs of intelligence.

"With a few exceptions, the data gathered by surveying 801 high-school students and 819 college students makes it plain that the Republican Party continues to struggle connecting with young people, or even convincing them to take up the more conservative position on discrete issues."

which means most dont fall for tax cuts for the wealthy would benefit them.

Which means that, like you, most of them don't know anything about economics.

I dont care for conservatism very much but it is a hell of a lot better than regressive illiberalism.

"regressive illiberalism"? Seems to me that this defines the current iteration of Trumpism.

See: The Rise of Illiberalism

Take note that the top of this line has this below the title: By Thomas J. Main
October 26, 2021
illiberalism is the opposite of liberalism.
Todays "liberals" are illiberals.

Provide examples, compare and contrast what Biden is doing vis a vis what trump has done.
Trump, nor biden, have anything to do with this.

The OP may be right. Though I do have a 20 year old and he is conservatively oriented...LOL.

Fine with me. To each his own.
Yeah, my kid is not so much liberal or conservative, he believes that whole system is a farce.

I think a lot of kids are that way now. They just don't care anymore and don't trust anyone or anything.

Millennials don’t trust anyone. That’s a big deal.

Part of the problem is the fact that the GOP has become so repulsive, ignorant, arrogant and paranoid.

The kids aren't terribly motivated to move.
Well of course liars and

Millennials and Generation Z show no sign of growing more conservative over time like the Boomers did. We must address the age gap.

The GOP has a problem, and it MIGHT be because they haven't had a good President since *checks notes*

It’s true...your generation shows no signs of intelligence.

"With a few exceptions, the data gathered by surveying 801 high-school students and 819 college students makes it plain that the Republican Party continues to struggle connecting with young people, or even convincing them to take up the more conservative position on discrete issues."

which means most dont fall for tax cuts for the wealthy would benefit them.

we don’t need to connect to them. They come running to us when they’ve had enough of your bullshit.

Forum List

Back