The Good, the Bad, the Ugly and the just plain Inexplicable: A Message to the Anti-Trump Protestors

Ok Guys. Enough is enough. I've never been so angry at my own side.

Yet a 4th day of protests. Enough already.

Grow the hell up. Destroying innocent people's property and livelihoods is NOT the way to go and it's not part of what we on the left support. It's time to put on your big girl/boy panties and act civilized adults.

Accepting the results of an election is part of the process. You excoriated (rightfully) the people on the other side when they claimed the elections were rigged, that they wouldn't accept the results...and now you are doing this?????

There is a process and way to deal with this and it is not violence. We are supposed to be on the side of non-violence. We are supposed to respect and support the "little guy" - not destroy his business in a fit of political pique. Do you know who's lives you were destroying in the process?

I'm embarressed and ashamed and angry. I do not like the results but they are what they are and they are LEGITIMATE. It's time to take out the scalpel and dissect this election and figure out what went wrong because the loss is squarely on US.

So let's do it. And if you can't control yourselves, if you feel destroying other people's lives is the answer to "losing" - I want no part of it, because we are and we can be better than that.

That's the Bad and the Ugly. But here is the Good. Listen to it and make amends for the damage you've done to innocent people in cities around this country. Learn the adult way to create political change. Acting like petulant children is not it.

Trump protest organizer condemns Portland riot, damage

PORTLAND, Ore. -- The organizer of what started as a peaceful protest Thursday evening against the election of Donald Trump has condemned the actions of rioters and the damage they left behind.

"We want to reiterate that we do not condone nor support violence, vandalism or destruction in any way shape or form and we are starting a fundraiser to repair the damage," said Greg McKelvey of Portland's Resistance.

He said volunteers from that group would be helping Friday to repair the damage and starting a fund for any additional repairs.

Pearl District Neighborhood Association residents have organized a volunteer effort to help clean up the riot aftermath.

Brooms and graffiti removing equipment used for a twice-yearly 'Polishe the Pearl' event were being provided to volunteers....

Illegals, communist, anarchist and criminal black thugs, how do you like your basket of deplorables? You folks have been embracing these people all along, don't try to disown them now.
Racists, neo-Nazis, white supremacist thugs...You've been embracing your own basket of deplorable this election cycle.

Really, feel free to show where I've supported any of those. I can provide post where I've called them out. What would you call you recoquista crowd, if you think there aren't plenty of racist on your side, you'd be more delusional than usual.
Couldn't help giggling when she listed left wing traits in an attempt to apply them to the right.

Grow the hell up. Destroying innocent people's property and livelihoods is NOT the way to go and it's not part of what we on the left support. It's time to put on your big girl/boy panties and act civilized adults.

Accepting the results of an election is part of the process. You excoriated (rightfully) the people on the other side when they claimed the elections were rigged, that they wouldn't accept the results...and now you are doing this?????

There is a process and way to deal with this and it is not violence. We are supposed to be on the side of non-violence. We are supposed to respect and support the "little guy" - not destroy his business in a fit of political pique. Do you know who's lives you were destroying in the process?

I'm embarressed and ashamed and angry. I do not like the results but they are what they are and they are LEGITIMATE. It's time to take out the scalpel and dissect this election and figure out what went wrong because the loss is squarely on US.

So let's do it. And if you can't control yourselves, if you feel destroying other people's lives is the answer to "losing" - I want no part of it, because we are and we can be better than that.

That's the Bad and the Ugly. But here is the Good. Listen to it and make amends for the damage you've done to innocent people in cities around this country. Learn the adult way to create political change. Acting like petulant children is not it.

PORTLAND, Ore. -- The organizer of what started as a peaceful protest Thursday evening against the election of Donald Trump has condemned the actions of rioters and the damage they left behind.

"We want to reiterate that we do not condone nor support violence, vandalism or destruction in any way shape or form and we are starting a fundraiser to repair the damage," said Greg McKelvey of Portland's Resistance.

He said volunteers from that group would be helping Friday to repair the damage and starting a fund for any additional repairs.

Pearl District Neighborhood Association residents have organized a volunteer effort to help clean up the riot aftermath.

Brooms and graffiti removing equipment used for a twice-yearly 'Polishe the Pearl' event were being provided to volunteers....

Illegals, communist, anarchist and criminal black thugs, how do you like your basket of deplorables? You folks have been embracing these people all along, don't try to disown them now.
Racists, neo-Nazis, white supremacist thugs...You've been embracing your own basket of deplorable this election cycle.

Really, feel free to show where I've supported any of those. I can provide post where I've called them out. What would you call you recoquista crowd, if you think there aren't plenty of racist on your side, you'd be more delusional than usual.
Couldn't help giggling when she listed left wing traits in an attempt to apply them to the right.

Typical regressive projection.

They should not only continue but intensify. A little lost property is the price of freedom, always has been. I'm rooting for them to board a ship at 2 AM and throw the cargo into the bay!

That first 'throwing cargo into the bay incident' was to protest (in modern terminology) cronyism resulting in a monopoly and to challenge the authority of a non-representative government - the current leadership. It was to help establish free elections - not abolish them. Is that what you really want to see protested? - the current leadership? Free elections?

I was listening to this fellow on local radio yesterday, and he sounded very sincere. He said that his group was peaceful, but another group joined them and it was this other group responsible for the rioting. He mentioned that they had come up with a few thousand dollars in contributions so far to try to help pay the broken glass.

I'm so angry...literally shaking inside at this - what's with these people? One article mentioned Anarchists - wtf? I always kind of blew them off as a political group of the past....guess not.

I was really shocked - this isn't what Portland is like. Haven't been there, my mother in law lives there and another friend. I was really glad to see this guy doing what he did.

But there are also the violence in some of the other cities - that may be over now. But it is not the way to act in an election, but then again not one thing about this entire election cycle has been predictable or normal. Not one.

Relax. Trump is assembling his brownshirts to stop all this and Newt Gingrich, who may be Trump's Sec'ty of State, wants to reinstitute the House of Un-American Activities Committee. (Newt Gingrich wants new House Un-American Activities Committee - CNNPolitics.com)

They may even exhume Joe McCarthy's body, extract some DNA, and start lab experiments in cloning him and Roy Cohn. Dry your crocodile tears and get a cuppa' tea, old girl.

The left has been doing this kind of stuff since at least the 60s. It gets old. Glad to see some of the left speaking out against this

The left has been doing this kind of stuff since at least the 60s. It gets old. Glad to see some of the left speaking out against this

I don't condone any kind of violence but I am getting a yuuuuge charge out of Trump being stuck in his glass house on 5th Avenue due to all the protestors in front from Central Park South to 50th Street. He's become an exile in his own country.

They should not only continue but intensify. A little lost property is the price of freedom, always has been. I'm rooting for them to board a ship at 2 AM and throw the cargo into the bay!

That first 'throwing cargo into the bay incident' was to protest (in modern terminology) cronyism resulting in a monopoly and to challenge the authority of a non-representative government - the current leadership. It was to help establish free elections - not abolish them. Is that what you really want to see protested? - the current leadership? Free elections?

Parse it however you like.

I was listening to this fellow on local radio yesterday, and he sounded very sincere. He said that his group was peaceful, but another group joined them and it was this other group responsible for the rioting. He mentioned that they had come up with a few thousand dollars in contributions so far to try to help pay the broken glass.

I'm so angry...literally shaking inside at this - what's with these people? One article mentioned Anarchists - wtf? I always kind of blew them off as a political group of the past....guess not.

I was really shocked - this isn't what Portland is like. Haven't been there, my mother in law lives there and another friend. I was really glad to see this guy doing what he did.

But there are also the violence in some of the other cities - that may be over now. But it is not the way to act in an election, but then again not one thing about this entire election cycle has been predictable or normal. Not one.

Relax. Trump is assembling his brownshirts to stop all this and Newt Gingrich, who may be Trump's Sec'ty of State, wants to reinstitute the House of Un-American Activities Committee. (Newt Gingrich wants new House Un-American Activities Committee - CNNPolitics.com)

They may even exhume Joe McCarthy's body, extract some DNA, and start lab experiments in cloning him and Roy Cohn. Dry your crocodile tears and get a cuppa' tea, old girl.

You're right, America will now get to see true fascists at work. There will be a leper colony of people around p.o.shit trump.

I myself have never understood the rioting thing, so basically these people whether they join up with outsiders or not they tear their own shit up in their own communities. What the fuck does that prove? I don't get it...

I myself have never understood the rioting thing, so basically these people whether they join up with outsiders or not they tear their own shit up in their own communities. What the fuck does that prove? I don't get it...
It's a tantrum of epic proportions, and they will keep doing it until they learn they cannot always have their own way, and that such behaviour will not be tolerated. It seems Obama has deigned not to let them know that any of this thus far.

You're right, America will now get to see true fascists at work. There will be a leper colony of people around p.o.shit trump.

And that's just his cabinet.

One of the head coaches in the NBA I believe said yesterday or today he fears we are now Rome. Most people don't know Rome was a Republic for it's first 300 years, then it turned into a dictatorship with an emperor.

This is real danger now and the rest of the world also sees it. They all know that if the American democracy ends a new Dark Ages will engulf the human race. And it is real.

One of the head coaches in the NBA I believe said yesterday or today he fears we are now Rome. Most people don't know Rome was a Republic for it's first 300 years, then it turned into a dictatorship with an emperor.

This is real danger now and the rest of the world also sees it. They all know that if the American democracy ends a new Dark Ages will engulf the human race. And it is real.
You're OK, Trump doesn't have 300 yrs :thup:

Good Lord, get a grip man :uhoh3:

So let us get this straight, conservatives everywhere are saying they voted for the p.o.shit trump because they were being ignored and marginalized and treated as if their concerns weren't real, but now they are marginalizing and treating these protesters as if their concerns aren't real.

What a tangled little web.

Could you do me a solid and list your home address?

I can probably convince a few of the local rioters to head your way so they can torch some of your stuff, instead.

I mean, you wouldn't be such an enormous fucking hypocrite who only thinks it is o.k. when OTHER people are victimized by senseless vandalism, right?

Really, you walk into the deep end without understanding what water is?

Seriously, you need to go see a psych. BTW, How's the underground 'Ann Frank' network to rescue the Mexicans from being sent home coming along? Still waiting for the link.

Drama queen much?

Drama queen much?

I think somebody REALLY needs a safe space right about now.

You need to get angry at the media also. Watched 10 minutes of MSNBC this morning stoking the fires. Anecdotal tales of black women worried that they would be "shot in the streets". And based on "all those anti-black" comments that Trump made during the campaign..

Hasn't been a GOP candidate in over 20 years who has reached out more to the black community. And replaying those INSANE comments from Harry Reid. Who apparently sustained brain damage when the mafia made his "exercise equipment attack him in the face"..

Those lazy, incompetent media morons are very likely to get people killed.

Forum List

Back