The Good, the Bad, the Ugly and the just plain Inexplicable: A Message to the Anti-Trump Protestors

Ok Guys. Enough is enough. I've never been so angry at my own side.

Yet a 4th day of protests. Enough already.

Grow the hell up. Destroying innocent people's property and livelihoods is NOT the way to go and it's not part of what we on the left support. It's time to put on your big girl/boy panties and act civilized adults.

Accepting the results of an election is part of the process. You excoriated (rightfully) the people on the other side when they claimed the elections were rigged, that they wouldn't accept the results...and now you are doing this?????

There is a process and way to deal with this and it is not violence. We are supposed to be on the side of non-violence. We are supposed to respect and support the "little guy" - not destroy his business in a fit of political pique. Do you know who's lives you were destroying in the process?

I'm embarressed and ashamed and angry. I do not like the results but they are what they are and they are LEGITIMATE. It's time to take out the scalpel and dissect this election and figure out what went wrong because the loss is squarely on US.

So let's do it. And if you can't control yourselves, if you feel destroying other people's lives is the answer to "losing" - I want no part of it, because we are and we can be better than that.

That's the Bad and the Ugly. But here is the Good. Listen to it and make amends for the damage you've done to innocent people in cities around this country. Learn the adult way to create political change. Acting like petulant children is not it.

Trump protest organizer condemns Portland riot, damage

PORTLAND, Ore. -- The organizer of what started as a peaceful protest Thursday evening against the election of Donald Trump has condemned the actions of rioters and the damage they left behind.

"We want to reiterate that we do not condone nor support violence, vandalism or destruction in any way shape or form and we are starting a fundraiser to repair the damage," said Greg McKelvey of Portland's Resistance.

He said volunteers from that group would be helping Friday to repair the damage and starting a fund for any additional repairs.

Pearl District Neighborhood Association residents have organized a volunteer effort to help clean up the riot aftermath.

Brooms and graffiti removing equipment used for a twice-yearly 'Polishe the Pearl' event were being provided to volunteers....

Thank you for the post, we may not agree on issues and we may criticize each other pols, but the violence is so bad and who knows maybe things will be better than alot of people think.

I love to see democracy in action. Don't you?

ANTI-TRUMP THUNDER ROARS

VOWS 4-YEAR FIGHT

5827d3af180000ca0330dad1.jpeg

5827d372180000f703503c45.jpeg

5827d4ba180000ca0330dad2.jpeg

Inmates Show Solidarity With Anti-Trump Protesters From Behind Bars

Last edited:
Now I don't know where you really stand here - is it all theoretical?
Yes, of course.
At the moment, I have no strong evidence indicating that either of the two parties attempted to steal this particular election through illegal actions. I'd say it is a fair election won by Trump and the Republicans. The point I was making is that you cannot completely rule out armed resistance in the name of peaceful transition. Theoretically, when the election is ACTUALLY stolen, you should never ever accept it, and if a war is needed, so be it.

Should this be accepted by the people? No. They'd have a right to not accept it and the right to pursue LEGAL avenues of challenge, as Gore supporters did in the 2000 election. Now was there cheating? I don't think so. But there was enough question to pursue a challenge.
If legal actions are able to resolve the conflicts, they should surely be used instead of a civil war or any form of violence. However, I would like to point out that there could be situations in which bloodshed is inevitable. In particular, when it has become clear that our system can no longer deliver justice. Again, this is theoretical, and it is the last thing we want to see.

You feel this election was unfair? Yes...it was...Comey's behavior - breaking precedents and rules less than a week prior to the election through a wrench into it and there is no way of knowing how much damage that did. That is certainly "unfair" - but that is not rigging unless there is some proof that Comey was paid or influenced to do so (and there is none).

Rigging an election goes beyond unfair. Rigging is criminal. Rigging is committing fraud in such a way as to throw an election.
We can agree to disagree on what part is unfair and what is not. However, I would like to let you know, that as a Trump campaign volunteer, I've talked to hundreds of Americans who actually believed that the election could be or had been rigged, and I think they had every reason to say so. Of course, it depends on your definition of "rigging" an election.

If you are talking about the primaries - it may seem unfair but it's not illegal. If you don't like it, then you work on changing the party rules on primaries.
I think it is unfair, and I agree that rules should be changed on the Democrats' side. I have no complaint for the Republican primary, even though the establishment tried everything they could to destroy Trump's candidacy and I am a Trump supporter, because the rules are fine.

That means you have an obligation to not act in such a way as to undermine the public's faith in it. Going back to Gore. That was a very very very close election. Gore was within his rights to ask for a recount. He was within his rights to pursue it in the courts - it was that close. But I don't recall him attempting to undermine the process itself - by claiming it was rigged. Had he continued to pursue it, had he loudly and persistently told his followers it was rigged throughout the election, he would have been undermining the process itself.
What you are saying is essentially that even if a candidate suspects the election is unfair, he or she should not mention it. I don't think so. It's up to the American people to decide if they want to believe the candidate's theory. Are you saying that the American people are foolish enough to fall into the lies of a candidate and lose faith in our system simply because he said it? NO! I believe the American people have the ability to make the correct judgement. It's not because Trump said the election is rigged that many people became alert about it. In fact, it's because that many people already suspected the election was or would be rigged that Trump's message resonated. People from the left, at least some of them, are arrogant enough to assume that a talking head can easily manipulate the people: this is just ARROGANCE! The majority of the people can tell truth from falsehood, and that's why after all the propaganda and elite effort to derail Trump's campaign, he won the election and the Republicans took both the house and the senate! It's time for you to stop and think: have I fallen into the trap from the left by thinking that the majority of the American people are foolish enough to be manipulated by a politician, therefore people competing for public offices have to be "politically correct" and "extremely cautious" when they tell their audience what they truly feel about the country or its problems!

It's hard to discuss this with you because you aren't being strictly hypothetical. You're mixing in real situations and asking it to be treated hypothetically.
Now I hope you understand what is hypothetical and what is not. I thought it was easy.

Are you then saying that the anti-Trump protesters are in the right with their actions? Many are honestly angry at what Comey did and feel it threw the election into Trumps favor. Are they right?
This one is simple: if they protest peacefully, they surely have the right to do so. If they attack innocent people or destroy their property, they should be held responsible. As I said above, extreme actions should be taken only when the result of an election is changed by fraud and legal actions cannot deliver justice.

P.O.Shit trump supporters liked to see large numbers of people at rallies.

They had no idea what a large number of people were. This shit is just getting started, this will be at least two years until the Democrats retake the Congress. Then it will be far more intense after that.

Get on board with breaking up the union cons, demographics are still the thing you can't overcome and each year they get worse for you. This time once you are out of power it will be for good. Much better to break the nation apart now so you can have your very own religious Caliphate in the states that were the old Confederacy. Go be happy. It's time.

Really good stuff. I hope that most of the liberal media idiots in the above video were actually playing a role to where they were supposed to be over-the-top flabbergasted and scared to stir ratings. Surely that many supposedly "smart" people can't be that stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
Yeah, they can be that stupid. They are the useful idiots that the commies use to such great effect. Then when they raises the commies to power and see what they are really all about, the commies kill them.

Unfortunately, our useful idiots are still alive because the commies didn't gain the enchilada. So now they're just plain idiots.

Good grief, all this stuff about rigged elections ignores the political reality of the day. Democrats try to get out the vote even if the vote in question is illegitimate while republicans try to suppress the vote even if it is.

As far as the election being "rigged" I would say that it was more a case of "influenced". The media did all in its power to influence the outcome of the election only to have it backfire. The more obvious it was that the media as a whole was simply an extension of Hillary's campaign, the more it played into Trump's narrative about insiders vs outsiders.

Forum List

Back