The Good, the Bad, the Ugly and the just plain Inexplicable: A Message to the Anti-Trump Protestors

Really good stuff. I hope that most of the liberal media idiots in the above video were actually playing a role to where they were supposed to be over-the-top flabbergasted and scared to stir ratings. Surely that many supposedly "smart" people can't be that stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
Liberal are a sharp bunch and for the most part, decent people I think. I used to adore liberalism, but it has lost it's luster. I can't put my finger on it, but the immigration issue made me realize just how out of touch with reality and American people Liberals are, and that issue made me realize how out of touch and delusional liberalism has become.

Ironically...for me...that is one of the issues that has meant a lot to me as a liberal - where I feel liberal ethics are most honestly expressed. I think...in one of these threads, I mentioned the massive migration of unaccompanied minors who were coming from South American countries that were beset with violence, gangs, poverty - situations so bad that parents took a great risk to send their children away. They were met with a lot of resistence - even hate. People surrounding bus' with placards demonizing them, telling them to go home. At the same time - people, liberals but also quite likely conservatives, in the form of Christian Churches - met them with open arms. Offered their services free of charge. Offered them help, even housing. Within that - two important things are realized: what it means to be liberal, what it means to be Christian. These people have been through unimaginable experiences.

There is no evidence whatsoever that Hillary cheated or would have cheated, just as there is none against Trump. There's only belief and you are using that belief to justify any violence that could have occurred had Clinton won.
You know there is this difficulty in talking to the left sometimes, because some of you certainly love playing with words, intentionally or unintentionally, as if you simply cannot get what they mean. Let's examine what I actually said.

I said IF I KNOW my opponent cheats in a game and he wins, I will not accept the result of the game. Will you?

I also said that Trump's answer in the debate means MEASUREs will be taken if Clinton wins the election by cheating. Does measures mean a civil war? Maybe. Does that mean peaceful protests? Maybe. Does that mean legal measures such as what happened in 2000? Maybe. It all depends on the situation. So where do you see that I'm using a "belief" to justify "any violence"? Don't forget, in an "if" sentence, the conditional clause is ASSUMED to be TRUE. Is this assumption too scary for you?

The other side cheated - no proof but I "know it" becuase of that belief, violence becomes righteous. Do you see where this leads our country? One of the hallmarks of a successful democracy is the PEACEFUL transmission of power. Once you start to disrupt that - ESPECIALLY with unproven allegations - you are entering very dangerous territory for our country, and that is one reason why we should all adhere to a rigid standard of proof and let the law take it's course should there be valid evidence of improprieties.
Let me make it crystal clear, that "I know it" means strong evidences are found (therefore, it is "know" rather than "believe"). The hallmark part? Yes, but it has to be under the condition that no strong evidence suggests the election's result is changed by cheating. If in FACT, an election is stolen against the will of the people, should the people accept it? Of course not. We have peaceful transition because everybody agrees to play by the rules. Peace is simply a very nice by-product of the fact that we have a set of rules that everybody is following.

Edited to add: The reaction to Trump's answering of the question "would you accept the results" - goes beyond that one question. It's the compilation of his constant reiteration of "the election is rigged" everytime he went down in the polls. It's a regular theme of his candidacy that puts into question the legitimacy of the entire process - SHOULD the results go against him. That is dangerous imo, because there is no real evidence to support rigging. Go back to the 2000 - would Gore supporters have been justified in erupting into violence due to "hanging chads" and an election ultimately determined by the courts in the state in which his opponent's brother was governor? No.
Is the election rigged? It depends on what you mean by "rigged". To me, it means unfair, and the election is unfair.
Do you think Sanders was competing with Clinton in a fair race? If your answer is yes, you are simply blind.
Does this level of unfairness justify any measure? Maybe, but it does not have to be a violent measure.
Why can't a candidate claim the race is unfair when it is indeed unfair? Are you indicating that people should accept unfairness and just keep silent for the sake of peace? The American people are not people of silence, neither are we afraid of fighting against those who are unfair to us in various ways. Remember, America was born out of a hard-fought war itself. Americans emancipated the slaves by fighting a war, too. If someone goes too far rigging the election, there will and should always be consequences.

Last edited:
Democrats, the "anti hate pro inclusion" group, is proving to be a bunch of exclusive haters. The are just hypocrites. It's human nature. Liberals need to get their head out of their holier than thou asses and learn to ABIDE. Put down the Molotovs and the placards and ABIDE.

Much as I hate to say it, you are right. You can only go so far pointing fingers at the other side before you run out of fingers and need to begin examining your own side.

I'm embarrassed and angry that MY side HAS become the side of EXCLUSION and that we are NO BETTER than our opponents who say are so horrible - we aren't. It's as bitter a pill to swallow as Trumps win, but it needs to be faced head on rather than with "ya but" excuses...and it's painful.

And there have been signs all along amongst us.

My mother is a liberal and leftwinger. She attends a Unitarian Church, and she has run into the same kind of intolerance that we accuse the right of. It's a church that is supposed to be inclusive of all faith traditions...well...except maybe Christianity. So she enjoys some of the Christian aspects of the winter holidays, but no one else wants to include them. So much for inclusiveness. She's a scientist. She prefers evidence-based theories. So when a group of people were going on about the evils of drinking milk (and yes, the dairy industry IS abusive) and - how it's not really healthy for you anyway and we're healthier without it. So she politiely points out that actually - cow milk made a huge difference in the nutritional status of people - for example - in post-war Japan and in alleviating certain deficiency-induced illness. Milk was a comparatively cheap solution. They were incensed - the vegan soymilk brigade. They were as intolerant as...lactose in a matter of speaking. So here we are - supposed to be TOLERANT - and we're supposed to tolerate DIVERSITY - but hey, only the right type of diversity?

That's the thing...we should be inclusive of diversity. We're supposed to be. What it means to be liberal (and I'm not talking about the political definitions) - is to be inclusive, to accept diversity - even if you disagree. I don't mean that that means accepting the truely reprehensible - but then, I think some of us seem to think that drinking cows milk is right up there with Goebbels.

Disclaimer: I don't drink milk, I do eat cheese, I don't like the dairy industry, but there are ways to be more ethical in that industry with out abolishing it.
Going off a a rather weird digression, I am lactose intolerant. Neither here nor there, also a vegetarian. Penultimate liberal , sorry people. But I still voted for Trump.

Really good stuff. I hope that most of the liberal media idiots in the above video were actually playing a role to where they were supposed to be over-the-top flabbergasted and scared to stir ratings. Surely that many supposedly "smart" people can't be that stupid.

Liberal are a sharp bunch and for the most part, decent people I think. I used to adore liberalism, but it has lost it's luster. I can't put my finger on it, but the immigration issue made me realize just how out of touch with reality and American people Liberals are, and that issue made me realize how out of touch and delusional liberalism has become.

Ironically...for me...that is one of the issues that has meant a lot to me as a liberal - where I feel liberal ethics are most honestly expressed. I think...in one of these threads, I mentioned the massive migration of unaccompanied minors who were coming from South American countries that were beset with violence, gangs, poverty - situations so bad that parents took a great risk to send their children away. They were met with a lot of resistence - even hate. People surrounding bus' with placards demonizing them, telling them to go home. At the same time - people, liberals but also quite likely conservatives, in the form of Christian Churches - met them with open arms. Offered their services free of charge. Offered them help, even housing. Within that - two important things are realized: what it means to be liberal, what it means to be Christian. These people have been through unimaginable experiences.
Good post. We don't want harm to come to innocents. But...here goes...People cynically use children to proffer sympathy, and it's a cheap tactic. I actually have to deal with illegal aliens, every day of the week, 24-7. I also work with REAL legal immigrants that have to jump through all the legal hoops and work twice as hard to get in here, so this issue makes me a little cynical when it comes to illegal aliens and the mind games they play.

Trump supporters might have rioted if there significant proof appeared that Hillary had cheated in the voting process.

These people riot for the hell of it, even when their candidate loses dishonestly using every questionable tactic in the books. It's incredible.

You'd have a point if there was a pattern of this. There isn't. We accepted the results of Bush's wins and those who disagreed did so in acceptable ways. Not like this.

And frankly, throwing in the claim of "if there significant proof appeared that Hillary had cheated" makes it no different. For all I know - these protestors might feel that Trump won by cheating (after all he lost the popular vote). But that is no excuse for this. That is not how you handle losing. You work to change the system - not destroy innocent people's property.

Trump didn't win by cheating. Too bad if they feel that, I don't think they do. It appears they think the wrong guy won - they are anti-democratic simple as that.

Back in Bush's time, the left hadn't regressed so much.
If Clinton had won it wouldn't have been by cheating either. Would your side have accepted it with grace? I wonder...too much anger.

We wouldn't have known whether or not clinton cheated, since the democrats refuse to go along with having voter i.d. laws.

Why is wanting voter i.d. funny, coyote?

Liberal ethics. Ethics like thinking abortion is ok?

"The world's light of democracy has gone dark" I heard a voice say in this group. Please. Like hillary would keep the light of democracy burning. What a bunch of sissified, spoiled, and clueless brats. Don't they know hillary is a warmonger who is for sale to anyone who waves money in front of her face? Just that one statement of hers, which she said with delight and humor. " We came, we saw, he died", was a clue to her psychopathy, to all but the most clueless.

You know there is this difficulty in talking to the left sometimes, because some of you certainly love playing with words, intentionally or unintentionally, as if you simply cannot get what they mean. Let's examine what I actually said.

I said IF I KNOW my opponent cheats in a game and he wins, I will not accept the result of the game. Will you?

Here's where it gets interesting. I've heard a lot of people here say they "know" the election was being rigged in Hillary's favor. They "know" Hillary is cheating. Really now? Making those claims ignores how incredibly hard it is to rig a national election in this country - for a multitude of reasons.

People "know" a lot of things. And the evidence is often extremely weak. So, when you say what you do - I have to wonder. Are you talking theoretically? And, if so - then surely "knowing" means there is enough evidence to support criminal investigation and prosecution. If that is the case then there is a system in place to pursue before the path of violence.

I also said that Trump's answer in the debate means MEASUREs will be taken if Clinton wins the election by cheating. Does measures mean a civil war? Maybe. Does that mean peaceful protests? Maybe. Does that mean legal measures such as what happened in 2000? Maybe. It all depends on the situation. So where do you see that I'm using a "belief" to justify "any violence"? Don't forget, in an "if" sentence, the conditional clause is ASSUMED to be TRUE. Is this assumption too scary for you?

Ok. I see what you are saying, but I also take into the account the many claims made on these boards that Hillary cheated or would cheat (if she won). That is a "belief" with the "proof" being if she won. Now I don't know where you really stand here - is it all theoretical?

I strongly suspect there are Clinton supporters who believe Trump won by cheating. And there is as little evidence for that as there is for Clinton.

Let me make it crystal clear, that "I know it" means strong evidences are found (therefore, it is "know" rather than "believe"). The hallmark part? Yes, but it has to be under the condition that no strong evidence suggests the election's result is changed by cheating. If in FACT, an election is stolen against the will of the people, should the people accept it? Of course not. We have peaceful transition because everybody agrees to play by the rules. Peace is simply a very nice by-product of the fact that we have a set of rules that everybody is following.

Should this be accepted by the people? No. They'd have a right to not accept it and the right to pursue LEGAL avenues of challenge, as Gore supporters did in the 2000 election. Now was there cheating? I don't think so. But there was enough question to pursue a challenge.

Is the election rigged? It depends on what you mean by "rigged". To me, it means unfair, and the election is unfair.

You feel this election was unfair? Yes...it was...Comey's behavior - breaking precedents and rules less than a week prior to the election through a wrench into it and there is no way of knowing how much damage that did. That is certainly "unfair" - but that is not rigging unless there is some proof that Comey was paid or influenced to do so (and there is none).

Rigging an election goes beyond unfair. Rigging is criminal. Rigging is committing fraud in such a way as to throw an election.

Do you think Sanders was competing with Clinton in a fair race? If your answer is yes, you are simply blind.

The primaries aren't "fair" - they're all about the parties. Primary rules vary from state to state and are set by the parties - some are caucus, some elections - I don't begin to understand it. In fact - a party can take it upon itself to nominate it's candidate - regardless of the election. Primaries aren't about "fairness" they're about the parties. Was Sanders competing with Clinton in a fair race? Yes, he was. Nothing was rigged. There wasn't any fraud. What was seemingly unfair was the party threw their support behind Clinton because they considered her the party's best choice to win. That's what they often do. The Republicans tried to do the same thing with Trump. They didn't want him. Right up into the convention and after. But unlike Bernie, Trump had gained a huge popular following across a wide swath of the country. They would have been within their rights to discount the vote and nominate their own candidate (it would have been suicidal for the party however). Don't you even wonder what was in the GOP emails? Pity they weren't hacked and leaked.

Does this level of unfairness justify any measure? Maybe, but it does not have to be a violent measure.
If you are talking about the primaries - it may seem unfair but it's not illegal. If you don't like it, then you work on changing the party rules on primaries.

Why can't a candidate claim the race is unfair when it is indeed unfair?

I think they need to be very very careful. Is it really unfair? Or does it seem unfair? Or is it sour grapes because you're losing?

I think if you are running for the highest office in the land, you have an obligation to maintain the integrity of the system that is the foundation of this country's democratic form of government. That means you have an obligation to not act in such a way as to undermine the public's faith in it. Going back to Gore. That was a very very very close election. Gore was within his rights to ask for a recount. He was within his rights to pursue it in the courts - it was that close. But I don't recall him attempting to undermine the process itself - by claiming it was rigged. Had he continued to pursue it, had he loudly and persistently told his followers it was rigged throughout the election, he would have been undermining the process itself.

It's hard to discuss this with you because you aren't being strictly hypothetical. You're mixing in real situations and asking it to be treated hypothetically.

Are you indicating that people should accept unfairness and just keep silent for the sake of peace? The American people are not people of silence, neither are we afraid of fighting against those who are unfair to us in various ways. Remember, America was born out of a hard-fought war itself. Americans emancipated the slaves by fighting a war, too. If someone goes too far rigging the election, there will and should always be consequences.

Are you then saying that the anti-Trump protesters are in the right with their actions? Many are honestly angry at what Comey did and feel it threw the election into Trumps favor. Are they right?

Edited to add: Everyone has a right to non-violent protests. That's without question. It's when you cross the line to violence that that right becomes a violation.

Last edited:
Democrats, the "anti hate pro inclusion" group, is proving to be a bunch of exclusive haters. The are just hypocrites. It's human nature. Liberals need to get their head out of their holier than thou asses and learn to ABIDE. Put down the Molotovs and the placards and ABIDE.

Much as I hate to say it, you are right. You can only go so far pointing fingers at the other side before you run out of fingers and need to begin examining your own side.

I'm embarrassed and angry that MY side HAS become the side of EXCLUSION and that we are NO BETTER than our opponents who say are so horrible - we aren't. It's as bitter a pill to swallow as Trumps win, but it needs to be faced head on rather than with "ya but" excuses...and it's painful.

My mother is a liberal and leftwinger. She attends a Unitarian Church, and she has run into the same kind of intolerance that we accuse the right of. It's a church that is supposed to be inclusive of all faith traditions...well...except maybe Christianity. So she enjoys some of the Christian aspects of the winter holidays, but no one else wants to include them. So much for inclusiveness. She's a scientist. She prefers evidence-based theories. So when a group of people were going on about the evils of drinking milk (and yes, the dairy industry IS abusive) and - how it's not really healthy for you anyway and we're healthier without it. So she politiely points out that actually - cow milk made a huge difference in the nutritional status of people - for example - in post-war Japan and in alleviating certain deficiency-induced illness. Milk was a comparatively cheap solution. They were incensed - the vegan soymilk brigade. They were as intolerant as...lactose in a matter of speaking. So here we are - supposed to be TOLERANT - and we're supposed to tolerate DIVERSITY - but hey, only the right type of diversity?

That's the thing...we should be inclusive of diversity. We're supposed to be. What it means to be liberal (and I'm not talking about the political definitions) - is to be inclusive, to accept diversity - even if you disagree. I don't mean that that means accepting the truely reprehensible - but then, I think some of us seem to think that drinking cows milk is right up there with Goebbels.

Disclaimer: I don't drink milk, I do eat cheese, I don't like the dairy industry, but there are ways to be more ethical in that industry with out abolishing it.
Going off a a rather weird digression, I am lactose intolerant. Neither here nor there, also a vegetarian. Penultimate liberal , sorry people. But I still voted for Trump.

Just goes to show...people aren't labels....

Just goes to show...people aren't labels....
Totally agree.

Ok Guys. Enough is enough. I've never been so angry at my own side.

Yet a 4th day of protests. Enough already.

Grow the hell up. Destroying innocent people's property and livelihoods is NOT the way to go and it's not part of what we on the left support. It's time to put on your big girl/boy panties and act civilized adults.

Accepting the results of an election is part of the process. You excoriated (rightfully) the people on the other side when they claimed the elections were rigged, that they wouldn't accept the results...and now you are doing this?????

There is a process and way to deal with this and it is not violence. We are supposed to be on the side of non-violence. We are supposed to respect and support the "little guy" - not destroy his business in a fit of political pique. Do you know who's lives you were destroying in the process?

I'm embarressed and ashamed and angry. I do not like the results but they are what they are and they are LEGITIMATE. It's time to take out the scalpel and dissect this election and figure out what went wrong because the loss is squarely on US.

So let's do it. And if you can't control yourselves, if you feel destroying other people's lives is the answer to "losing" - I want no part of it, because we are and we can be better than that.

That's the Bad and the Ugly. But here is the Good. Listen to it and make amends for the damage you've done to innocent people in cities around this country. Learn the adult way to create political change. Acting like petulant children is not it.

Trump protest organizer condemns Portland riot, damage

PORTLAND, Ore. -- The organizer of what started as a peaceful protest Thursday evening against the election of Donald Trump has condemned the actions of rioters and the damage they left behind.

"We want to reiterate that we do not condone nor support violence, vandalism or destruction in any way shape or form and we are starting a fundraiser to repair the damage," said Greg McKelvey of Portland's Resistance.

He said volunteers from that group would be helping Friday to repair the damage and starting a fund for any additional repairs.

Pearl District Neighborhood Association residents have organized a volunteer effort to help clean up the riot aftermath.

Brooms and graffiti removing equipment used for a twice-yearly 'Polishe the Pearl' event were being provided to volunteers....

These idiots don't realize they are hurting, not helping, their cause.

Grow the hell up. Destroying innocent people's property and livelihoods is NOT the way to go and it's not part of what we on the left support. It's time to put on your big girl/boy panties and act civilized adults.

Accepting the results of an election is part of the process. You excoriated (rightfully) the people on the other side when they claimed the elections were rigged, that they wouldn't accept the results...and now you are doing this?????

There is a process and way to deal with this and it is not violence. We are supposed to be on the side of non-violence. We are supposed to respect and support the "little guy" - not destroy his business in a fit of political pique. Do you know who's lives you were destroying in the process?

I'm embarressed and ashamed and angry. I do not like the results but they are what they are and they are LEGITIMATE. It's time to take out the scalpel and dissect this election and figure out what went wrong because the loss is squarely on US.

So let's do it. And if you can't control yourselves, if you feel destroying other people's lives is the answer to "losing" - I want no part of it, because we are and we can be better than that.

That's the Bad and the Ugly. But here is the Good. Listen to it and make amends for the damage you've done to innocent people in cities around this country. Learn the adult way to create political change. Acting like petulant children is not it.

PORTLAND, Ore. -- The organizer of what started as a peaceful protest Thursday evening against the election of Donald Trump has condemned the actions of rioters and the damage they left behind.

"We want to reiterate that we do not condone nor support violence, vandalism or destruction in any way shape or form and we are starting a fundraiser to repair the damage," said Greg McKelvey of Portland's Resistance.

He said volunteers from that group would be helping Friday to repair the damage and starting a fund for any additional repairs.

Pearl District Neighborhood Association residents have organized a volunteer effort to help clean up the riot aftermath.

Brooms and graffiti removing equipment used for a twice-yearly 'Polishe the Pearl' event were being provided to volunteers....

Illegals, communist, anarchist and criminal black thugs, how do you like your basket of deplorables? You folks have been embracing these people all along, don't try to disown them now.
Racists, neo-Nazis, white supremacist thugs...You've been embracing your own basket of deplorable this election cycle. Don't see you disowning them.
Have they rioted lately?

Ethics like thinking a woman has the right to choose what to do with her own body. Don't like it? Tough. It's not your body.

Illegals, communist, anarchist and criminal black thugs, how do you like your basket of deplorables? You folks have been embracing these people all along, don't try to disown them now.
Racists, neo-Nazis, white supremacist thugs...You've been embracing your own basket of deplorable this election cycle. Don't see you disowning them.
Have they rioted lately?

Oh, I see - they're ok until they riot.:rolleyes-41: Well, given they've been faithful supporters, of course you won't disown them.

The sore losers on the left are only creating more opposition against Democrats.
It will be reflected in future elections....and eventually just winning this one won't be enough. We'll end up reversing everything Obama and the Democrats have done. Before this, some may have been satisfied with just stopping Hillary. Now they know she isn't the only problem.

Last edited:

Ethics like thinking a woman has the right to choose what to do with her own body. Don't like it? Tough. It's not your body.

Lol.

The Portland Police chief said that PP was a human rights organization.

That's some warped shit, and coyote is right there.

You need to get angry at the media also. Watched 10 minutes of MSNBC this morning stoking the fires. Anecdotal tales of black women worried that they would be "shot in the streets". And based on "all those anti-black" comments that Trump made during the campaign..

Hasn't been a GOP candidate in over 20 years who has reached out more to the black community. And replaying those INSANE comments from Harry Reid. Who apparently sustained brain damage when the mafia made his "exercise equipment attack him in the face"..

Those lazy, incompetent media morons are very likely to get people killed.

There's a lot of insanity in the rightwing media also - to the point where they are presenting conspiracy theory as fact...that kind of stuff is not journalism. It's crap.

People are pissed - and scared. Trump has emboldened all the bigots and racists.

Wretched Acts Of Hate Mark Trump’s Win

Post-Election Spike In Hate Crimes Worse Than After 9/11: Experts

"Countless acts of violence" and not one of them caught on tape. Did you know lackey that you are a puppy killer? I heard that you stomped a tiny little puppy to death. I heard that MANY of the posters here were likewise puppy murderers.

See how that works?

Nope? Didn't think you would.

Forum List

Back