The "Georgia Brown"....

So here it is...

The "Georgia brown", as I heard it, refers to a sexual position where the woman's lying on her back....

(lyrics: "I don't lie ... not much)​

-- with one leg up in the air and the other flat. Possibly the upraised one might be positioned on the opposite side of the lover's head, creating more tightness and put them both on the same side of his head.

(lyrics: "two left feet")​

As for why it would take that particular name -- no idea. Presumably named in the state of Georgia. Perhaps it's the State Sexual Position. Perhaps it should be.

And I may be contriving more meaning to the lyrics than there are. But within the song it would serve as a nod-and-a-wink to those in the know, while appearing innocuous to the casual listener.

Anyway that's what I heard, couldn't find corroboration here. But pass it on, we'll make a myth out of this thing yet.

OK, all day, nobody got close. Before I divulge lemme shout out to my homies, one for his interest in vernacular, one for her interest in sex....

Asclepias
Bonzi

Without looking it up (which I will in a minute) since you said something about "sex" I would say maybe it means something along the lines of "Brown Sugar" on "Georgia Brown" - I was thinking also that maybe it was the skin tone of blacks in Georgia.... or like "California Girls" on "Georgia Brown" (Girls) are "better" or "sweeter"?

I was wrong ... sorry I was late on the shout-out... just go to it as you were typing the answer :)

This isn't about racism but about African American vernacular. Something that came up randomly. This is for fun.

Long time ago I was told what the term "Georgia Brown" meant in the black community. I once looked around for it on the internet (the whole thing, I searched every page in the world) and could not find a corroboration. Now I'm wondering if anyone else may have heard this meaning or if my original source may have been unreliable.

This meaning is NOT a woman's name or a song title. In fact it would make the song title a kind of clever code.

Anyone have it? Please be as detailed as possible. If I don't get a confirmation after a while I'll reveal what I heard but until then, no hints.

Took 15 seconds.

Urban Dictionary: georgia brown

I see this a lot with dems.
They cant seem to find shit on the internet if it doesnt come from The HuffingPaintPost.:dunno:

This isn't about racism but about African American vernacular. Something that came up randomly. This is for fun.

Long time ago I was told what the term "Georgia Brown" meant in the black community. I once looked around for it on the internet (the whole thing, I searched every page in the world) and could not find a corroboration. Now I'm wondering if anyone else may have heard this meaning or if my original source may have been unreliable.

This meaning is NOT a woman's name or a song title. In fact it would make the song title a kind of clever code.

Anyone have it? Please be as detailed as possible. If I don't get a confirmation after a while I'll reveal what I heard but until then, no hints.

Took 15 seconds.

They cant seem to find shit on the internet if it doesnt come from The HuffingPaintPost.:dunno:

It ISN'T ON the internet, Stupid. That's why I originally brought the question up, to find out if anyone else had ever heard this derivation. And the Urpin' Dic doesn't even come close, nor does Wiki.

Besides -- how could a cartoon (which ran 2004-2007) invent a phrase that was already known in 1925? Duh?

Try actually reading the thread. What a concept.

Last edited:

Took 15 seconds.

It ISN'T ON the internet, Stupid. That's why I originally brought the question up, to find out if anyone else had ever heard this derivation. And the Urpin' Dic doesn't even come close, nor does Wiki.

Besides -- how could a cartoon (which ran 2004-2007) invent a phrase that was already known in 1925? Duh?

Didnt get that far and I had to go take the Kolaches out of the oven.
But my point is still valid.

Took 15 seconds.

Uh, no -- it's not. If it were already on the internets there would have been no need to pose the question, now would there?

Better stick to cooking.

Took 15 seconds.

Uh, no -- it's not. If it were already on the internets there would have been no need to pose the question, now would there?

Better stick to cooking.

You going to stick with misspelling?

Better stick to cooking.

Yup, that's deliberate. It's a dig on Dubya.

Better stick to cooking.

Yup, that's deliberate. It's a dig on Dubya.

Boooooosh!!!! Derangement syndrome?

I love to watch all of you jerks posting on the subject. None of you were born when this was written and first performed! None of you.

And I doubt that any of you has even ever talked to someone born back then. Or anyone in show business back then.

So, you're all blowing smoke out of your anuses.

I love to watch all of you jerks posting on the subject. None of you were born when this was written and first performed! None of you.

And I doubt that any of you has even ever talked to someone born back then. Or anyone in show business back then.

So, you're all blowing smoke out of your anuses.

Folklore is passed down. It doesn't die with people who know it. That's why it's called folklore.

1925? Seriously? Hell, both my parents were born before then. All my aunts and uncles, many people I've known well. Even now that's just 90 years ago. My uncle who taught me stuff about music would be 104 if he were still alive. All of my grandparents were all born in the 19th century. They were all adults well before 1925.

Forum List

Back