The gas mogul's Lawsuit against Beto That Could Freeze Free Speech Against Billionaires

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
An oil/gas billionaire gave $1 million to Texas Gov. Greg Abbott’s campaign right after Abbott signed a bill creating a loophole for oil/gas companies. Now the billionaire is pushing a landmark lawsuit to punish the candidate who criticized it.

The less in taxes energy companies have to pay the government, the less we have to pay for energy.

Who likes high energy prices? I don't.

We have a scam artist bit-coin crook who donated millions in dirty money to the Biden campaign but the left worries about a legal donation by an energy company to a republican. No surprise here.

An oil/gas billionaire gave $1 million to Texas Gov. Greg Abbott’s campaign right after Abbott signed a bill creating a loophole for oil/gas companies. Now the billionaire is pushing a landmark lawsuit to punish the candidate who criticized it.

Makes no sense the million dollar political donor can't be criticized....

Y'all bash Soros all the time, morning, noon and night, seven days a week, and twice on Sunday for his political donations and influence???I

Btw, I thought campaign finance law limits donations to $2500 dollars a candidate an election cycle?

What is this million dollar donation crap?

Y'all bash Soros all the time, morning, noon and night, seven days a week, and twice on Sunday for his political donations and influence???I

Btw, I thought campaign finance law limits donations to $2500 dollars a candidate an election cycle?

Sure a donor can be criticized, but only with proven facts.
And it is not clear forcing winterization of TX infrastructure makes any sense, for something that never happened before, and may never happen again.

As far as donation, Citizen's United ruled corps can conglomerate individual donors without tracking.
Bad but legal.

You just broke their rightwing talking points like a bear on a small branch. Oh....SNAP!!!!

633.jpeg

Sure a donor can be criticized, but only with proven facts.
And it is not clear forcing winterization of TX infrastructure makes any sense, for something that never happened before, and may never happen again.

As far as donation, Citizen's United ruled corps can conglomerate individual donors without tracking.
Bad but legal.
Why create and pass a mandatory bill on utility winterizing after the storm failures and put on a show about it, like govt is doing something...

only to write in fine print, the gas companies who were frozen out and caused the crisis, were exempt from mandatory winterizing their facilities?

Forum List

Back