The future of Marijuana policy in the South

99.9% of those who smoke Pot wont do that.....you would know that if you had any REAL experience with it.....

I cant stand it when someone with zero experience with pot tries to make all these unfounded statements.
They act like you're dropping acid or something. I have never smoked weed and became so intoxicated that I couldnt function.
And I'm thinking someone dropped a roofie in katz drink at that party.

You have no idea how debilitating pot-induced anxiety is for some people. Instead you'd rather parrot ignorance and live within your own limited experience.
Consider it an allergy. Would you be OK with someone ingesting a substance into your body that you're allergic to? And their argument is that it's OK for them and people they hang out with so it must be OK for you.
Anyone who reacts to marijuana with debilitating anxiety has a serious problem, either neurochemical or psychological, to begin with and should be medically supervised. Because that is an extremely abnormal reaction.

I think what hes saying is when people smoke it around you, you can get a contact high.

Which we all know is a load of horse shit.
Actually it's true.

Inhaling second-hand marijuana smoke will produce an effect. But unless one spends time in the company of doltish, inconsiderate morons, one need not expect to be exposed to second-hand smoke.

The legalization is emboldening those morons. Last week I had to endure a bunch of those morons who first inundated the outside of the building with their poison and then allowed it to creep into the building. I almost had to quit on the job. That would have cost more people than just me money. I expect that to continue and exacerbate. This thread illustrates why.

Pot will be legal in the whole country within a very short time. Some cities will preserve themselves with city ordinances. It will be one more point of division. And another reason to be armed at all times.

I agree with the idea to be armed. I carry most of the time.

But I disagree that the legalization of marijuana is a reason to be armed. I was a regular pot smoker for better than 3 decades. I never once saw a fight started by a pot head. Drunks start them all the time.

You should carry all the time or not at all.

There are times when I do not need to carry. I decide when those times are.

You should carry all the time or not at all.

Where I live crime is almost none existent and I dont bother carrying if I'm just running up to the corner store.
Now if I'm heading into Houston? Thats a whole nother story.

I believe it should be second nature to carry, no different than putting on your shoes before heading out.

And you never go barefoot?

I am very aware of my surroundings. I am also very aware of my firearm when I carry. There are just times and places that I do not see a need to carry a weapon.

I shoot enough that using my gun is second nature. Carrying it is based on whether I see the reasonable possibility of needing it. I only carry it for one reason.

Sounds good. So how about we legalize cocaine, meth and psychedelics next?

Natural psychedelics have been used religiously for thousands of years. Do you support freedom of religion or don't you support freedom of religion?

Actually it's true.

Inhaling second-hand marijuana smoke will produce an effect. But unless one spends time in the company of doltish, inconsiderate morons, one need not expect to be exposed to second-hand smoke.

The legalization is emboldening those morons. Last week I had to endure a bunch of those morons who first inundated the outside of the building with their poison and then allowed it to creep into the building. I almost had to quit on the job. That would have cost more people than just me money. I expect that to continue and exacerbate. This thread illustrates why.

Sounds exactly like the guys that smoke cigarettes outside of buildings to me. Its not the weed. Its the people that smoke it outside of your building. Assholes smoke weed too.

99.9% of those who smoke Pot wont do that.....you would know that if you had any REAL experience with it.....

I cant stand it when someone with zero experience with pot tries to make all these unfounded statements.
They act like you're dropping acid or something. I have never smoked weed and became so intoxicated that I couldnt function.
And I'm thinking someone dropped a roofie in katz drink at that party.

You have no idea how debilitating pot-induced anxiety is for some people. Instead you'd rather parrot ignorance and live within your own limited experience.
Consider it an allergy. Would you be OK with someone ingesting a substance into your body that you're allergic to? And their argument is that it's OK for them and people they hang out with so it must be OK for you.

Then I would suggest they dont smoke pot. derp
I mean all it would take is one time to figure that out.

You get forced fed marijuawana???

I think what hes saying is when people smoke it around you, you can get a contact high.
We had a cat who loved catnip and marijuana smoke. When we had company and the pipe was passed that cat would move along with the pipe and rise up to put his head in the smoke cloud. His eyes would become very glassy and he would lie on his side, stretch himself out, and purr loudly. My wife's friend called him Cheech.

We had another cat who didn't care for catnip and was not interested in marijuana smoke. So there seems to be some correlation between the two substances and a cat is either receptive to the effect or is not.

Has anyone else observed similar behavior by their pet(s)?

My dog ate my smoke ...once. He was stoned for a couple of days and never did it again. But dont even think about leaving your drink where he can get it. He'll drink anything from straight up Crown to beer.

Actually it's true.

I had thirty six whiz quizs that say it's not true. And I know damn well I didnt get a "contact high" while hanging around my buddies who did smoke during that time.

Excuse me?

Contact highs are horse shit. You'd have to be locked in a very small closet with ten people smoking weed at a ridiculous pace to get high from second hand smoke.
In my youth I got a DUI and the first thing my PO told me? If you smoke weed you better stop,and dont try and say it was second hand smoke. So if weed cant be detected in a drug screen from second hand smoke it surely not enough to get you high.
Adding to that,during my probation period I didnt smoke pot yet I was around it a lot and never got a contact high and never failed a whiz quiz.

So yes,contact highs are horse shit.
Then you were exposed to marijuana smoke with extremely weak potency.

Yeah okay:lol:

Maybe your just lucky?

Thirty six times?
The remaining possibility is you are biologically immune to the effect of THC/CBD. I've never heard of any such immunity but I won't deny it's possible. Have you ever used marijuana in any form?

Have you read this thread?
I guess you didnt so I'll give you the condensed version.
Yes I smoke. Got a DUI in my early twenties. Was told not to smoke by my PO and not to try the second hand smoke excuse because it wont fly.
I stopped for three years during my probationary period. I went to concerts,parties and was constantly around people who smoked. I passed thirty six whiz quizs over that three year span without a single positive. I know I never got a contact high and if I'd inhaled enough to get me high it would most assuredly showed up on a whiz quiz.

To actually get a "contact high", you'd need to be in a very tightly enclosed place with a staggeringly large amount of pot being smoked. You can get a contact high at a P-Funk show, for example - but it's nearly impossible you'd get one from standing next to a guy smoking a bowl.

Actually it's true.

Sounds exactly like the guys that smoke cigarettes outside of buildings to me. Its not the weed. Its the people that smoke it outside of your building. Assholes smoke weed too.

she almost quit the job because of that....either a crock of shit or a big fucking pussy named Roshawn....

To actually get a "contact high", you'd need to be in a very tightly enclosed place with a staggeringly large amount of pot being smoked. You can get a contact high at a P-Funk show, for example - but it's nearly impossible you'd get one from standing next to a guy smoking a bowl.

or at a party like Katz claimed happened to her.....she was hospitalized....what crock of shit...

or at a party like Katz claimed happened to her.....she was hospitalized....what crock of shit...
I can't say I've personally experienced a "contact high" because any time I've been near people who are smoking marijuana I was doing it, too. But in spite of all the opposing commentary I've heard too many descriptions of the experience to reject it out of hand.

The accounts I've heard do not report becoming utterly "baked" from second-hand smoke but rather experiencing a "buzz." And in terms of the chemical probability, there is no reason why one would not experience some level of effect from inhaling second-hand marijuana smoke. I reject the suggestion that none of the psychoactive components are present in exhaled marijuana (or tobacco) smoke. The amount of residual components of exhaled smoke would depend on several factors, such as volume, potency, and duration of absorption by the smoker.

Further, I am absolutely certain neither I nor any of the others present were mistaken about my cat (to whom one girl attached the name "Cheech") who loved marijuana smoke and clearly was affected by it. As soon as he got a whiff of pot smoke he came trotting. He would follow the pipe and would stretch to put his head in the smoke clouds. His eyes would shine and when he'd had enough he would lie down and purr loudly. (I should add he hated the smell of cigarette smoke.)

That was one cat. We later had another cat who neither cared for catnip nor had any interest in marijuana smoke. So I'm considering the possibility of individual receptive disposition, which might occur in both humans and cats (and other species). And if that seems an obscure possibility, consider that some humans are genetically (biochemically) predisposed to alcoholism while most others are not. I, for example, am repulsed by beverage alcohol in any form. I don't like the smell, the taste, or the effect of it, while most others like it and some can't get enough of it.

Last edited:

If you look up the effects of marijuana which you would not bother to do, one of the effects is a racing heart rate. That's what happened to me. I tried going outside. It didn't help so I ended up in an emergency room.

If you look up the effects of marijuana which you would not bother to do, one of the effects is a racing heart rate. That's what happened to me. I tried going outside. It didn't help so I ended up in an emergency room.

i dont have to look it up....i have experienced it....what happened to you was Paranoia....and if you are so against pot....what the hell were you doing at that party?....

I wasn't against pot in those days. It was before I got to know so many of them. I didn't see anything wrong with marijuana. It took years of seeing the results of pot use. Then it was no different than having a drink. I don't drink either not beyond a half glass of wine with food or an after dinner Irish coffee. I cannot drink hard liquor. It affects me like ipicac.

Forum List

Back