The friends of Jordan Peterson

The never ending push from Marxist fanatics to invent new victim/oppressor paradigms is hastening the decline.

Geez, it is almost as though he didn't want to answer your question.
I disagree with the premise. I thought I made that clear.

His theories are out of date. We're not an agrarian society adapting to rapid industrialization any more.
We are still a country with a ruling class. And what is it that gives them their power? Capital.

Do you see why his theories are still relevant? They explain our social relations.

What percentage of your fellow Americans are you prepared to see die in order to fix that?

All the "racist" ones

The never ending push from Marxist fanatics to invent new victim/oppressor paradigms is hastening the decline.

His theories are out of date. We're not an agrarian society adapting to rapid industrialization any more.
We are still a country with a ruling class. And what is it that gives them their power? Capital.

Do you see why his theories are still relevant? They explain our social relations.

What percentage of your fellow Americans are you prepared to see die in order to fix that?
I'm not calling for revolution, nor do I believe there will be one in my lifetime.

I'm just asking for an honest discussion from Peterson. I know better than to ask for one from you two dilberts.

I'm not calling for revolution, nor do I believe there will be one in my lifetime.

But you're not ruling out there being one in the future. Your comrades in antifa and the radical social justice movement will see to it.

But you're not ruling out there being one in the future. Your comrades in antifa and the radical social justice movement will see to it.
I think it is inevitable.

Yep. The plan is to foment social discord until the masses rise up and the government steps in.

Yep. The plan is to foment social discord until the masses rise up and the government steps in.
Even the right is discontent with the "liberal" elites controlling things.

I'm just asking for an honest discussion from Peterson. I know better than to ask for one from you two dilberts.

When discussion Marxist revolution, it is reasonable to ask how many you are willing to see die.

Indeed, any armed conflict, you should consider the cost vs the potential benefit. To do that, you have to consider the cost.

That is part of any honest discussion of any armed revolution, which is what marxism calls for.

The hysteria about Dr. Jordan Peterson is entirely incomprehensible. The man is a reasoned thinker who brings nothing but intelligent observation to the table. That he is vilified is testimony to the inability to listen and hear, see and understand.

The man is an idiot. I'm not surprised you think he's great. You have an affinity for fools.

And yet all you can come up with is name calling. Looks like it just might be you who is the stupid one.

When discussion Marxist revolution, it is reasonable to ask how many you are willing to see die.

Indeed, any armed conflict, you should consider the cost vs the potential benefit. To do that, you have to consider the cost.

That is part of any honest discussion of any armed revolution, which is what marxism calls for.
What part of "I'm not calling for revolution" did you not understand?

Some of them are. A lot of the foot soldiers for the left seem content with being ruled by corporate overlords as long as they parrot the correct opinions, censor the wrong ones and label their products with rainbow flags.

What part of "I'm not calling for revolution" did you not understand?

The part where you sound like you want it, and that fact that seem to carefully NOT saying anything indicating that you think it would be a bad idea, or that you have any good feelings about the status quo.

Some of them are. A lot of the foot soldiers for the left seem content with being ruled by corporate overlords as long as they parrot the correct opinions, censor the wrong ones and label their products with rainbow flags.
The ruling class knows how to manipulate the population to do its bidding. Proving Marx correct again. And the right is not immune to the manipulation.

The ruling class knows how to manipulate the population to do its bidding. Proving Marx correct again. And the right is not immune to the manipulation.

What breed of authoritarianism we end up with depends on who's in control of the military when the time comes. Marx probably never factored in the internet which has served to open a lot of eyes, and reinvigorate ideas that were buried by the marxists who infliltrated higher education and the media.

What breed of authoritarianism we end up with depends on who's in control of the military when the time comes. Marx probably never factored in the internet which has served to open a lot of eyes, and reinvigorate ideas that were buried by the marxists who infliltrated higher education and the media.
What ideas would those be?

Use your imagination, I'm sure you can come up with a few ideas.

Use your imagination, I'm sure you can come up with a few ideas.
The only idea I have at this moment is that you are talking out of your ass.

Though not yet finished, I have watched the first parts of the Peterson-Zizek confrontation. First, it seems evident that the entire debate was much over-rated in its anticipation. It was not to be expected that some definitive point would be reached and one side 'defeated'. Second, neither person ever pretended to speak for others or for any particular 'cause'.
Having gotten an impression from comments seen here and elsewhere referring to the event, I expected to be disappointed in the quality and substance of the meeting. That impression was not sustained by what is to be witnessed in hearing the two men (and, interestingly, two white men). Quite the contrary; it was exemplary for its display of civilized, intelligent public discussion. There is nothing for either of them to be embarrassed nor apologetic about.

Though not yet finished, I have watched the first parts of the Peterson-Zizek confrontation. First, it seems evident that the entire debate was much over-rated in its anticipation. It was not to be expected that some definitive point would be reached and one side 'defeated'. Second, neither person ever pretended to speak for others or for any particular 'cause'.
Having gotten an impression from comments seen here and elsewhere referring to the event, I expected to be disappointed in the quality and substance of the meeting. That impression was not sustained by what is to be witnessed in hearing the two men (and, interestingly, two white men). Quite the contrary; it was exemplary for its display of civilized, intelligent public discussion. There is nothing for either of them to be embarrassed nor apologetic about.
Proceeding to the end, there was still nothing in the confrontation to condemn. The fact that it was not as dramatic as some appear to have hoped is the only way to perceive it as a failure.

"Marx" has too much baggage at this point to insist on him as any kind of central point. We should take the serious contributions he had to make and move on. In fact, no ideology as such is needed, simply eclecticism and practicality.

"Marx" has too much baggage at this point to insist on him as any kind of central point. We should take the serious contributions he had to make and move on. In fact, no ideology as such is needed, simply eclecticism and practicality.
Marx explained why the capitalist system of production could not deliver on the promise of emancipation.
He showed that it would become a hindrance to our development and that it would become necessary to move on to a more useful system, for practical reasons.
The eclecticism and practicality born out of the capitalist system of production is exactly what has led us to this moment in time. It has delivered to us, President Trump.

And keep in mind also, the baggage associated with Marx was also born out of practicality. The ruling capitalist class wants Marx forgotten, for practical reasons.

..... In that case we do not confront the world in a doctrinaire way with a new principle: Here is the truth, kneel down before it! We develop new principles for the world out of the world’s own principles. We do not say to the world: Cease your struggles, they are foolish; we will give you the true slogan of struggle. We merely show the world what it is really fighting for, and consciousness is something that it has to acquire, even if it does not want to.

The reform of consciousness consists only in making the world aware of its own consciousness, in awakening it out of its dream about itself, in explaining to it the meaning of its own actions.
Letters: Letters from the Deutsch-Französische Jahrbücher by Karl Marx

Forum List

Back