The Filibuster MUST Go

So Mitch McConnell says the Debt Ceiling MUST be raised.

But he and all the GOP Senators are going to vote against it.

That's bad enough...but they are also FILIBUSTERING even the VOTE!

This has to stop.

Dem Senators have to remove that tool from these cynical bastards
Rare day that the spineless GOPers are getting something right. Thisis one of them.

Yea...well you never saw Dems filibustering our ECONOMY...did you moron
The bill is way to big our debt is getting worse and when the dollar is no longer THE currency, our nation will sink and sink fast. You take the filibuster away, it will comeback and bite you in the ass bigtime.

What needs to happen is legislative reform. Heres an idea. Put two bipartisan committees with equal numbers from each party into locked rooms and direct them not to come out until they formulate a plan that they all would put their names on. The two committees would compete against each other to be the one with the better plan.

Also, how about limiting that amount of items that can be in a bill so we can stop all the pork stuffing. Bills do not need to be 1000 pages.

Get a little teamwork and competition going instead of these lopsided political grandstands that go nowhere.

There’s hope for you yet.

We go through this bullshit at least once a year - THRICE under the Mango Menace and it got Dem votes every damn time.

Just eliminate the debt ceiling. It's STOOOPID. Congress approved it - Money already spent and bills must be paid or our credit score and economy are irreparably injured.

FUCK McTURTLE

1632425892317.png

We go through this bullshit at least once a year - THRICE under the Mango Menace and it got Dem votes every damn time.

Just eliminate the debt ceiling. It's STOOOPID. Congress approved it - Money already spent and bills must be paid or our credit score and economy are irreparably injured.

FUCK McTURTLE

View attachment 543091

Orange man raised it 6 trillion in 4 years. Installed invalid has raised it 5 trillion in 8 months. Lol. Caught some huge browns up in montana last week!!

I'm sure the gop will raise the debt limit to pass another tax cut benefitting the rich more than workers. AGAIN

Sorry, tax cuts generate enormous economic activity and generally create more revenue for the federal government. That’s why Kennedy cut taxes. Get informed.

Orange man raised it 6 trillion in 4 years. Installed invalid has raised it 5 trillion in 8 months. Lol. Caught some huge browns up in montana last week!!

I get 7.8 trillion for Agent Orange ...

Need fishin pics! :D

For some reason, I'm the only one that can see those pics. Lol. I don't know what to tell you!!

We should have nuked the SCOTUS filibuster first chance we had.

NOT using it and leaving it intact was HOW we got Alito and the three recent right wimgers

" Oh we can't filibuster Alito...they
ll nuke the filibuster if we do"

They did anyway.

And they'll nuke it when it suits them for "regular order" too.

Nuke it now.
...and you got Sotomayor and Kagan...certainty not my first choices...

Harry Reid...a Democrat...nuked the filibuster...for the same reason you advocate for it now...because he wasn't getting his way...and it came back to both bite your ass and blow up in your face.

The filibuster is a mechanism that injects moderation... the Majority must moderate it's positions... and appointees...to a level the minority might not like... but can at least tolerate. It restricts huge swings in governmental policy.

As for Garland... it swung on the election. Had Hillary won...she could have nominated Garland...or anyone else. She lost... and with that... the nomination was forfeit...

For some reason, I'm the only one that can see those pics. Lol. I don't know what to tell you!!

Hmmmmm ;)

• Overall, we rate Legal Insurrection Right biased based on story selection and editorial positions that always favor the right. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting rather than High due to a lack of transparency when naming authors.

7.8 trillion is weak. I bet if you search the inter webs harder you can find a .org that says Trump did way over 10 trillion!

...and you got Sotomayor and Kagan...certainty not my first choices...

Harry Reid...a Democrat...nuked the filibuster...for the same reason you advocate for it now...because he wasn't getting his way...and it came back to both bite your ass and blow up in your face.

The filibuster is a mechanism that injects moderation... the Majority must moderate it's positions... and appointees...to a level the minority might not like... but can at least tolerate. It restricts huge swings in governmental policy.

As for Garland... it swung on the election. Had Hillary won...she could have nominated Garland...or anyone else. She lost... and with that... the nomination was forfeit...

Meh, Mitch would have torpedoed ANY Hillary SCOTUS pick in the same manner he promises to do with Biden.

One year out? Mitch would try ...
Two years out? He'll do it again!
Three years out? - Please, DITTO.

You stole two seats and the second was named immediately prior to the election before RBGs body was cold. Scruples - Mitch the Turtle BITCH?

Gimme a f'n break.

So Mitch McConnell says the Debt Ceiling MUST be raised.

But he and all the GOP Senators are going to vote against it.

That's bad enough...but they are also FILIBUSTERING even the VOTE!

This has to stop.

Dem Senators have to remove that tool from these cynical bastards

LOL!!!

The filibuster is like gerrymandering, it's only cool when the American Marxists use it

Why can't we be a dictatorship??

Forum List

Back