The fiber of our nation is being DESTROYED by fake news. Can law makers do anything to stop this wild west media?

Nearly EVERYDAY I hear about some poor innocent black person murdered by police. It starts on social media and is almost instantly picked up by our national media. 9 times out of 10 they don't have ANY of the facts surrounding the situation and what facts they do have are distorted horribly. Eventually we get a body cam or other video that PROVES the situations were not what was reported. Sadly by the time that happens the damage is done but as that story dies down because the new FACTS don't fit the reporting a new fake story is already replacing it. That asinine cycle prevents the morons from ever hearing the full truth because they are too busy being emotionally outraged over the previous lies they fell for.

Just today I FINALLY heard the facts surrounding Brianna Talor. They most certainly do not match the media narrative.

Make no mistake, we need police reforms but it has nothing to do with the fake narrative that race is the problem.
You are acting as if this kind of journalism is something new. You could not be more wrong.

In the year of our Lord 1834:

"All the political journals of the United States are, indeed, arrayed on the side of the administration or against it; but they attack and defend it in a thousand different ways. They cannot form those great currents of opinion which sweep away the strongest dikes. This division of the influence of the press produces other consequences scarcely less remarkable. The facility with which newspapers can be established produces a multitude of them; but as the competition prevents any considerable profit, persons of much capacity are rarely led to engage in these undertakings. Such is the number of the public prints that even if they were a source of wealth, writers of ability could not be found to direct them all. The journalists of the United States are generally in a very humble position, with a scanty education and a vulgar turn of mind. The class spirit of the French journalists consists in a violent but frequently an eloquent and lofty manner of discussing the great interests of the state, and the exceptions to this mode of writing are only occasional. The characteristics of the American journalist consist in an open and coarse appeal to the passions of his readers; he abandons principles to assail the characters of individuals, to track them into private life and disclose all their weaknesses and vices."

Tocqueville Book 1 Chapter 11
Did they whip up massive rioting crowds in the 1800's in a matter of MINUTES/HOURS

No? Yeah ok. STFU
Uh, dumbass? There were indeed riots in the 1800s. See: Haymarket Riot
I never said there weren't. The point of this thread CLEARY is above your education level so back to ignore you go.
You plainly said No to riots in the 1800s, dumbass.

Read a history book sometime!

He didn't say no riots in the 1800s. He said:

"Did they whip up massive rioting crowds in the 1800's in a matter of MINUTES/HOURS"
False comparison. There was no television back then. Only newspapers which were delivered on horseback.

Not just riots were inspired by the press, we went to WAR as a result of the press. "REMEMBER THE MAINE!"

The salient point is an irresponsible press, and the media of the 1800s wins, hands down.

Dumbass made a stupid mistake. He is too prideful to admit his ignorance.

1599176823477.png
:bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3:

The Division Pimps on both ends need to be exposed, held accountable and ignored, as do any "journalists" on both ends who are actually nothing more than advocates with microphones and cameras.

Very difficult to imagine that happening.
"on both ends"

I'm going to throw the exception card "fake" Mac. The liberal media is way more fake than the very few conservative media voices.

Putting it into the hands of lawmakers I'd find really scary.

Notice in that sentence above I did what the media, the politicians and what I and others here do? We address matters in a way that plays to emotions. I could have been objective and inquired about what sort of legislation would one suggest? Do we need to tweak our libel and slander laws?

Last edited:
The Fairness Doctrine of the United States Federal Communications Commission, introduced in 1949, was a policy that required the holders of broadcast licenses to both present controversial issues of public importance and to do so in a manner that was—in the FCC's view—honest, equitable, and balanced. The FCC eliminated the policy in 1987.

It was repealed under movie star Reagan - who understood the power of imagery over truth. The mullethead reality TV star currently in the White House sure wouldn't want anything to do with honesty or equity.

It wouldn't have affected cable, but a new law could.

The entire problem is the Media. Not left or right either just the media in general. You think only black suspects shot by cops because that is all that is shown. When in reality like 5 times more white suspects are shot on average(pretty close to being 5 times as many whites as blacks total hmm where is this systemic racism?). And every SINGLE black man shot is now automatically an injustice till proven otherwise because of the leftist media. If the shooting in Kenosha would of been a white suspect we would of never heard about it. The officer would of had like a 2 day suspension till that video was reviewed and hewould of been back on the job within a week.

Nearly EVERYDAY I hear about some poor innocent black person murdered by police. It starts on social media and is almost instantly picked up by our national media. 9 times out of 10 they don't have ANY of the facts surrounding the situation and what facts they do have are distorted horribly. Eventually we get a body cam or other video that PROVES the situations were not what was reported. Sadly by the time that happens the damage is done but as that story dies down because the new FACTS don't fit the reporting a new fake story is already replacing it. That asinine cycle prevents the morons from ever hearing the full truth because they are too busy being emotionally outraged over the previous lies they fell for.

Just today I FINALLY heard the facts surrounding Brianna Talor. They most certainly do not match the media narrative.

Make no mistake, we need police reforms but it has nothing to do with the fake narrative that race is the problem.
When we accept that our leaders lie to us but we vote for them anyway, we get what we deserve.
That is very true but the advent of instant media is bypassing our leaders/prosecutors/etc...

Do you really believe all of that YouTube crap you cite every week? Of course you don't. But it doesn't stop you from spreading it. I suggest you stop doing it if you're worried about the proliferation of fake news.
If you're referring to my Tim Pool posts you are half right. I post his stories for the stories in the topic. Yeah he eventually meanders into some stupid shit about civil wars or mass food shortages but unlike some I don't just write off a source because they say something I don't agree with. Surely you've seen me mock the people who cry endlessly about CNN but then provide a CNN link thereby increasing their click revenue stream?
Civil War isn't stupid shit because i think it's a very strong possibility that it will start in the months after the November 3rd Elections. :smoke:
He's been parroting it for at least a year now bro. He did it then would run ads trying to sell that prepackaged freeze dried food shit.
I can read between the lines, I'm not stupid. Do I fault him? Hell no, make a buck bro. Do I believe it? Nope.

Is it possible? Sure. But he talks about it EVERY FUCKING DAY now. Tiresome doom & gloom bullshit.

I'm a glass half full kind of guy.
Gotcha ;)

He’s also the kind of guy who bitches about the fake news he promotes

The Fairness Doctrine of the United States Federal Communications Commission, introduced in 1949, was a policy that required the holders of broadcast licenses to both present controversial issues of public importance and to do so in a manner that was—in the FCC's view—honest, equitable, and balanced. The FCC eliminated the policy in 1987.

It was repealed under movie star Reagan - who understood the power of imagery over truth. The mullethead reality TV star currently in the White House sure wouldn't want anything to do with honesty or equity.

It wouldn't have affected cable, but a new law could.
Lol a Democrat could not seriously believe he wanted fair and equal coverage. I mean their only real advantage right now is 95 percent of all media is under their control and full of lies and biased coverage. Sure Fox News has bias too but at least the people on Fox News that are bias do not call themselves "journalists" like the Dems do. They have a weak candidate who can not answer a single unscripted question. They have no agenda(not one they can admit too) running on nothing but TRUMP IS THE DEVIL HATE HATE HATE.
Btw Trump suggested this very thing. And you Dems cried and whined about the freedom of the press right away. Funny how you Dems shit on the constitution till it is to your advantage. Can not do this though since it is unconstitutional but we can take all the democrat money out of the media that would be a huge step in the right direction.

The Division Pimps on both ends need to be exposed, held accountable and ignored, as do any "journalists" on both ends who are actually nothing more than advocates with microphones and cameras.

I do typically ignore them but I'm not the one out there trying to hold cities hostage based on false Twitter narratives.
There are plenty of false narratives rolling around out there, coming from all different directions, that's for sure.

We also need to hold accountable those from our side who keep them going and spread them. Instead, all we "see" are those from the other.

"on both ends"

I'm going to throw the exception card "fake" Mac. The liberal media is way more fake than the very few conservative media voices.
From your political perspective, I'm sure.

Forum List

Back