The federal government should have NOTHING to do with student loans

The government has a vested interest in an educated workforce and population in general. If anything, there should be more aid for studies and training for everything from truck driving to astronomy; from AI to X-Ray tech.

Only fools think we need less skilled people in the workforce.

The government has a vested interest in an educated workforce and population in general.
No it doesn’t. The government has a vested interest in following the cotus. Giving money to students so they can go study liberal arts or something where they may not be able to use it in the future is stupid.

Now, if the student goes into a needed field, such as STEM, I’d be more in favor of helping them out in exchange for having to work for the government for a few years as repayment..maybe I could get on board with that. But if you want to study 18th century poetry and philosophy or some other course that doesn’t have employment waiting at the end of it..that’s on you.

I just don’t think giving free education to some kids who have the opportunity to go to college is fair to those who do not have the opportunity.

We’ve built the greatest, most affluent, most dominant, strongest society in the history of the planet.

They musta done something right.

We’ve built the greatest, most affluent, most dominant, strongest society in the history of the planet.

And we did it under the current system of students paying their own college loans….

They should be like any other loan. PERIOD.

CAR, CREDIT CARD, PERSONAL LOAN, HOUSE, BOAT, MOTORCYCLE, PAYDAY ADVANCE.

ANYTHING.

The loans should have zero to do with the FED.
Then there would be no more student loans.

So why not just say that? Why beat around the bush?

Is that not really what you want? Fewer people going to college?

The federal government's involvement in student loans is precisely the cause of rapid inflation in the cost of tuition of the past 30 years.
I don’t give out too many “winner” awards, but this one hit the nail on the head. College is so expensive precisely because government is involved.

The federal government's involvement in student loans is precisely the cause of rapid inflation in the cost of tuition of the past 30 years.
Because more people can go to college and pay for college. Let's not forget that important middle step in the equation.

No it doesn’t. The government has a vested interest in following the cotus. Giving money to students so they can go study liberal arts or something where they may not be able to use it in the future is stupid.
So teaching, copy writing, journalism, law, etc... you wouldn’t fund any of that?
Now, if the student goes into a needed field, such as STEM, I’d be more in favor of helping them out in exchange for having to work for the government for a few years as repayment..maybe I could get on board with that. But if you want to study 18th century poetry and philosophy or some other course that doesn’t have employment waiting at the end of it..that’s on you.
LOL... Yeah, why have historians. We have internet message boards.
I just don’t think giving free education to some kids who have the opportunity to go to college is fair to those who do not have the opportunity.
Well, it’s not free but thanks for your input.

So teaching, copy writing, journalism, law, etc... you wouldn’t fund any of that?

LOL... Yeah, why have historians. We have internet message boards.

Well, it’s not free but thanks for your input.

Hmm, i have a hard time with that, considering all of the indoctrination going on these days. Teachers with their own political agendas.

copy writing,

Nope

journalism

Oh hell no…why would I want taxpayer money to fund someone to go write biased articles about politics…why would YOU want that also?

i think this is a worthwhile endeavor, but no..we don’t have a shortage of lawyers, and why should the taxpayer fund someone else’s dream of being a lawyer, and going off to make tons of money and living the good life…while the person who pays their taxes so they can go to law school has to spend his days driving a trash truck, or digging ditches, etc..

Here’s my idea of how it should work, if it happens. There should be a LEGITIMATE study of what careers are TRULY needed. Things that can fill roles we need, that the country is truly short on. In those careers that we really need, those would be ones I think might be valid. Then, there should only be a certain amount paid for. Taxpayers shouldn’t have to foot the bill for some kid to drink and fuck his way through the first 2 years of college while he’s trying to figure out what he wants to do.

Then, they must maintain a respectable GPA.

Once they graduate, they are placed in a job working for the government, at a normal salary..for 10 years, to repay the gift from the government, at which point they can either choose to go private sector or remain with the government job.

You have too many people out here who never had the opportunity to go to college, for whatever reason. Even now, there are people graduating high school who don’t have parents who can afford to pay their expenses while in college, even if college is free, so they have to go straight to work after leaving college.

You also have those who are just not cut out for college.

These are the people you are asking to foot the bill so some kid can get free education, and then go out and make a good living..while the taxpayer is working for the sanitation company.

All this comparing the value of majors is just stupid.

All this comparing the value of majors is just stupid.

Why is it stupid? It is not the federal governments job to pay for someone’s education. All I’m doing is saying “ok, maybe I’ll make an exception in cases where the country really needs people in certain professions”.

You have too many people out there who are working really hard for very little to suggest that their tax dollars should be used to pay for someone else to live the good life.

Yes. When it was suggested to take the government our of student loans. That's would be the result. It's even the topic of the thread!
No, no, don't start equivocating. You suggested that some people want "to make sure our population is not educated." Do you really think no one would get an education without government sponsored student loans? I mean, that's what you're saying. And the bullshit is pretty smelly.

No, no, don't start equivocating. You suggested that some people want "to make sure our population is not educated." Do you really think no one would get an education without government sponsored student loans? I mean, that's what you're saying. And the bullshit is pretty smelly.
I didn't equivocate. I also never said anyone said explicitly the population shield be less educated. Please keep up.

I am telling you that our population being less educated would be the result. That would be the lasting result and the equivalence of the solution proposed here.

Got it? Now address that point and sto wasting my time with your low IQ blather.

"No one"

Funny, you whined about a non sequitur that didn't exist, then immediately pinched off your own non sequitur turd.

Self awareness level: zero

But thank you for a fine illustration of why we should educate our population. Especially in logic.

I didn't equivocate. I also never said anyone said explicitly the population shield be less educated. Please keep up.

I am telling you that our population being less educated would be the result. That would be the lasting result and the equivalence of the solution proposed here.

Got it?
Yeah. I get it. Your suggestion that those opposing government student loans want "to make sure our population is not educated", was just a strawman, that you're now waffling to get out from under. Whichever.
Now address that point and sto wasting my time with your low IQ blather.
Meh. No. It's a dumb point. If your time is that valuable, you have my apologies. And a suggestion that you find better ways to use your time.

Your suggestion that those opposing government student loans want "to make sure our population is not educated
Lie. I said I don't think that's what we want. Nobody wants to hear a grown man whine. Though, no doubt, some hold contempt for academics and would live to see fewer people go to college.

I spelled out my point for you like you are 5 years old. Address it, or go whine to someone else.

Forum List

Back