The Falling Man

Persuader

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2020
Never forget.

The most poignant photograph of the jumpers is the woman who pushed her skirt down trying for a last moment of dignity.

The most poignant photograph of the jumpers is the woman who pushed her skirt down trying for a last moment of dignity.
Along with the heart-wrenching photos, statements describing the jumps are displayed at the museum. NYC resident James Gilroy detailed how he witnessed a woman prepare herself for the leap.

“She had a business suit on, her hair was all askew. This woman stood there for what seemed like minutes, then she held down her skirt and then stepped off the ledge. I thought, how human, how modest to hold down her skirt before she jumped.
“I couldn’t look after that.”

I never understood why were so many people was just standing there watching a building on fire and people jumping out of windows. Why not just go home and removed yourself from that situation? What ended up happening is the ones who continued standing there ending up being covered in smoke and dust once the building collapse.

I never understood why were so many people was just standing there watching a building on fire and people jumping out of windows. Why not just go home and removed yourself from that situation? What ended up happening is the ones who continued standing there ending up being covered in smoke and dust once the building collapse.
They had no idea how hazardous being there was.....many died from the after effects of inhaling so much toxic material.

They had no idea how hazardous being there was.....many died from the after effects of inhaling so much toxic material.
yes those were the people who didnt go home and was standing there watching. even if it didnt collapse why just stand there and watch a burning building?

One of about 200. A History Channel account of 1st responders featured a former EMT who still had a haunted look on his face 20 years later. He related how he was putting tags on deceased people on the sidewalk when a woman said "I'm not dead". She died moments later though. Apparently she jumped and landed on her feet and her whole lower body was broken and distorted. We watch a man frozen in mid air by a photo but we don't want to think about what happened when they hit the ground. EMT's had to deal with the carnage.

Forum List

Back