The Fall of Human Independence

More power to him. Does he wear a mask when he operates? One thing for sure, if he is anti-vax and anti-precautions during a pandemic, he'd never get a chance to operate on me. I already know a world-class heart surgeon, anywgirl.

Suuuure you do. You know EVERYBODY!

And of course he wears a mask when he operates. Know what he doesn't do?

Operate when he's sick, because masks don't stop VIRUSES!

Suuuure you do. You know EVERYBODY!

And of course he wears a mask when he operates. Know what he doesn't do?

Operate when he's sick, because masks don't stop VIRUSES!
Nah, not everybody, but I know people who know people. My doctor got me in to see him because I wanted a really thorough cardiac check prior to going into a high physical stress, low oxygen, extremely low temperature, remote environment. Turns out the guy has designed, installed and patented his own heart valves, and spends a significant amount of time teaching/lecturing including internationally. All I really know is I paid significant bucks above private and government insurance for him to pronounce me in far better shape than I should be for my age, and when I went where I planned to go, I had no problems. My Orthopedic surgeon didn't get a crack at me until two years later, when I did something stupid way up on another mountain.
My plan is to get a Covid booster in November or December and go see if I screw up on another mountain in January or February.

Nah, not everybody, but I know people who know people. My doctor got me in to see him because I wanted a really thorough cardiac check prior to going into a high physical stress, low oxygen, extremely low temperature, remote environment. Turns out the guy has designed, installed and patented his own heart valves, and spends a significant amount of time teaching/lecturing including internationally. All I really know is I paid significant bucks above private and government insurance for him to pronounce me in far better shape than I should be for my age, and when I went where I planned to go, I had no problems. My Orthopedic surgeon didn't get a crack at me until two years later, when I did something stupid way up on another mountain.
My plan is to get a Covid booster in November or December and go see if I screw up on another mountain in January or February.

Ahhh, a fellow mountain climber. I've strolled up Whitney, actually had to climb Denali, and spent a week at Basecamp on Everest before the mountain got shut down by storms.

I only ever had that one opportunity for the big one.

Ahhh, a fellow mountain climber. I've strolled up Whitney, actually had to climb Denali, and spent a week at Basecamp on Everest before the mountain got shut down by storms.

I only ever had that one opportunity for the big one.
Got me beat. Rock climber young, always technical, never a scratch. Late blooming skier at age 60 and ever since.

Got me beat. Rock climber young, always technical, never a scratch. Late blooming skier at age 60 and ever since.
I skied until I was 70. Then my knees told me to stop. I rock climbed all over the place. My favorite bouldering spot was Jumbo Rock in Joshua Tree National Monument.

The most difficult climb was in Canyonlands. The sandstone there is very friable, so slick as hell.

I skied until I was 70. Then my knees told me to stop. I rock climbed all over the place. My favorite bouldering spot was Jumbo Rock in Joshua Tree National Monument.

The most difficult climb was in Canyonlands. The sandstone there is very friable, so slick as hell.
By your measure, I got three years left. I saw guys well into their 70s putting on skin to go up and over, the hard way, but they had been doing all kinds of skiing since they were kids. I don't see me ever being up to that. Best rock climbs were in the Black Canyan of the Gunnison and over in Grundy county in TN at the great stone door.

By your measure, I got three years left. I saw guys well into their 70s putting on skin to go up and over, the hard way, but they had been doing all kinds of skiing since they were kids. I don't see me ever being up to that. Best rock climbs were in the Black Canyan of the Gunnison and over in Grundy county in TN at the great stone door.

I never did anything in the Eastern US. I did some climbing nearing Silverton, and in the Uintas of Utah as well.

I also did quite a bit of climbing in Alaska. I even have a couple of First Routes under my belt!

I never did anything in the Eastern US. I did some climbing nearing Silverton, and in the Uintas of Utah as well.

I also did quite a bit of climbing in Alaska. I even have a couple of First Routes under my belt!
Silverton area is cool. All of Utah looks cool for climbing, that I've seen. We love vacationing out west. You folks have nice young mountains. In the east, they're a few million years older and eroded down to large hills.
Last real climbing I did was the Gunnison trip and that was back in the mid-90s while the boys were still in highschool. Saw lots that I thought would be cool climbs in Yellowstone 10 or 11 years ago, but PJ was with me, and she doesn't climb, ski, kayak and swears we're not getting her on another hike. I don't have another climb left in me. My window for skiing in undoubtably drawing to close. I'll see after this next season. Brother-N-law, is not sure if he is up for this one. When he quits, I will probably quit, as I can't keep up with my sons, now.

How is getting this vaccine any different than getting a booster shot when we all first started school?

There isn't a concerted mis/disinformation effort to get kids to refuse the vaccines needed to attend school.

You see, kids aren't going to buy books, make political donations, or pay for seminars...so there is no profit motive to scare kids into avoiding the safe, effective, available, and often times free shots to attend school.

There is a buck to be made in scaring those who have money to spend. That is the bottom line in all of this; money.

Silverton area is cool. All of Utah looks cool for climbing, that I've seen. We love vacationing out west. You folks have nice young mountains. In the east, they're a few million years older and eroded down to large hills.
Last real climbing I did was the Gunnison trip and that was back in the mid-90s while the boys were still in highschool. Saw lots that I thought would be cool climbs in Yellowstone 10 or 11 years ago, but PJ was with me, and she doesn't climb, ski, kayak and swears we're not getting her on another hike. I don't have another climb left in me. My window for skiing in undoubtably drawing to close. I'll see after this next season. Brother-N-law, is not sure if he is up for this one. When he quits, I will probably quit, as I can't keep up with my sons, now.
Black Canyon of the Gunnison is on my list. It looks like a death wish for hikers though...wow.

1634691946412.png

Most of the rock in Utah south of I-70 is miserable for climbing. Very friable so a stone cold bitch to hold on to.

Up near Park City though there is good climbing.

Black Canyon of the Gunnison is on my list. It looks like a death wish for hikers though...wow.

View attachment 553824
We did multiple rappels to get down even where we were and certainly not where your picture shows. I had neither the equipment or experience to take kids down where that was shot. Half way down and then again, 3/4 way back up, I wasn't sure I had the experience to have them where I did. Attaining the rim was not a feeling of accomplishment as much as one of relief as it was getting dark fast.

We did multiple rappels to get down even where we were and certainly not where your picture shows. I had neither the equipment or experience to take kids down where that was shot. Half way down and then again, 3/4 way back up, I wasn't sure I had the experience to have them where I did. Attaining the rim was not a feeling of accomplishment as much as one of relief as it was getting dark fast.

I'm not a super aggressive hiker and certainly not much at repelling. I'm certain there are trails and safety areas going down to the river but compared to the Grand Canyon and angel's landing...BCOTG looks forbidding. I hear that in the autumn after a cold front moves through--at about 9 or 10 in the morning...the dew on the rocks is almost blinding--it looks like a sheet of glass in the sunlight.

Most of the rock in Utah south of I-70 is miserable for climbing. Very friable so a stone cold bitch to hold on to.

Up near Park City though there is good climbing.
I am past the climbing thing now, at 67, for me, that is. I will ski or hike.

I'm not a super aggressive hiker and certainly not much at repelling. I'm certain there are trails and safety areas going down to the river but compared to the Grand Canyon and angel's landing...BCOTG looks forbidding. I hear that in the autumn after a cold front moves through--at about 9 or 10 in the morning...the dew on the rocks is almost blinding--it looks like a sheet of glass in the sunlight.
It is a beautiful place and very impressive. We didn't do any trails at Gunnison, as we were moving around a lot during our time in Colorado and northern New Mexico on that trip.

I am past the climbing thing now, at 67, for me, that is. I will ski or hike.

I'm 75, so yeah, I just don't have the strength to climb any longer. I still ski though, I have good bones, and am still fairly flexible so I have a few years of that left.

Papers. Papers, please. Schnell!"
Got your license registration proof of insurance tabs up to date all paid for? That'll only be $2,000 for failure to signal at the stop sign. Don't worry it's only a routine stop. Won't affect t your insurance too badly, we promise.

Look to your left. Now look to your right. Count the number of people in your innermost daily circle who have suddenly, almost overnight it would seem, surrendered their longest and closest held beliefs; their sense of defiance, their rugged individualism—all in the name of joining the nameless, unthinking human herd—in willingly, eagerly receiving one of the experimental COVID-19 vaccines. Now total up the numbers of those people you know who continue to hold out against getting jabbed.

Terrifying, isn't it?

Never before in human history—or recent living history, for that matter—have so many people, so many governments, so many nations of man walked in lockstep to the tune of a single note of music played on a global soundtrack. Not a single one of us has witnessed mass public deaths in the streets from COVID-19 or its so-called variants, yet hundreds of millions of us worldwide are rolling up our sleeves to receive experimental vaccines like its the black death all over again; and we're doing it based solely on what our local news stations and politicians have told us. We're not being vaccinated to protect ourselves against something we've seen with our own eyes.

Think carefully about that.

Throughout the past year, which has truly been the year from hell, countless keyboard commandos across the internet have bragged up their dedication to one cause or another, swearing up and down how they would resist the rise of tyranny to their last breath when the time came, only to bend over, drop their pants and take the vaccine up their kissers oh so eagerly when their global masters demanded it. Those same courageous members of the "resistance" will gladly line up for endless booster shots as well. They will wear masks, social distance, rat out dissenting neighbors, and gleefully display their COVID-19 passports, when the time comes.

"Papers. Papers, please. Schnell!"

And you've just got to love all these super duper conservative talk show hosts, social media influencers, authors and radio personalities who dropped all of their so-called conservative values like a set of filthy clothes and tripped over themselves to get vaccinated. Guess we know how stout their belief was in God and country, eh?

And people are still lining up for the jab despite some left leaning new outlets now reporting openly about how vaccinated people are getting sick and dying post vaccination.

Total madness.

If 2020 was the year from hell then 2021 could be called the year of the human cattle, as we watch (in horror) herds of people we thought we knew rolling up their sleeves just like good little functional marionettes.

Dance to every beat of that tune, people. Dance, dance faster and faster and keep that sleeve rolled way up. `

Very few people have a sense of independence, and when they do have any at all, they waste it on being told what to think and believe.

I'm 75, so yeah, I just don't have the strength to climb any longer. I still ski though, I have good bones, and am still fairly flexible so I have a few years of that left.
Good to hear. I got a few years left, I think. Ripped out an ACL, tore MCL and took out a hunk of meniscus, three years ago om Colorado. My Orthopedic surgeon rebuilt from spare parts out of me. Said he only does that with younger athletes. If I screw up another again, it will be replacing with a fake knee and that will probably end any skiing after that. Planning on taking it easy with blues as much as I plan to do.

Good to hear. I got a few years left, I think. Ripped out an ACL, tore MCL and took out a hunk of meniscus, three years ago om Colorado. My Orthopedic surgeon rebuilt from spare parts out of me. Said he only does that with younger athletes. If I screw up another again, it will be replacing with a fake knee and that will probably end any skiing after that. Planning on taking it easy with blues as much as I plan to do.

I had both knee's rebuilt ten years ago. Rehab was a year and a half the way we staggered the surgeries, but I am good till I kick the bucket.

A knee replacement is only good for 10 to 15 years.

Forum List

Back