The Environmental Benefits of Camel Milk Farming.

expat500

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2012
Camel Milk isn't just good for your health, it's also good for the planet. Here are some environmental benefits of camel milk farming:
  1. Reduced greenhouse gas emissions: Compared to industrialized dairy farming, camel milk farming produces fewer greenhouse gas emissions.
  2. Lower water usage: Camels require less water than cows, making camel milk farming a more sustainable use of water resources.
  3. Drought-resistant: Camels are well-suited to arid and semi-arid environments, making them a valuable resource in regions where water scarcity is an issue.
  4. Biodiversity preservation: Camel milk farming can help preserve biodiversity by supporting free-roaming camels and the ecosystems they inhabit.
  5. Ethical farming practices: Camel milk farming is often done on a smaller scale and with more ethical farming practices than industrialized dairy farming, making it a more humane choice for animal welfare.

I'm just....having a hard time....trying to visualize milking....a ...camel...

1712775225253.png

Those same people think you`re an idiot that should stay in bed. I wonder why? :)
iu
iu

iu

iu

. . . but those same folks don't do any critical thinking . so it really matters not what ones like they think. . .

Bovines have been on the Earth for millions of years before homo sapiens, and I suspect, they will be here long after we are gone.

"Artiodactyls are placental mammals belonging to the order Artiodactyla (/ˌɑːrtioʊˈdæktɪlə/ AR-tee-oh-DAK-tih-lə, from Ancient Greek ἄρτιος, ártios 'even', and δάκτυλος, dáktylos 'finger, toe'). Typically, they are ungulates which bear weight equally on two (an even number) of their five toes: the third and fourth, often in the form of a hoof. The other three toes are either present, absent, vestigial, or pointing posteriorly. By contrast, most perissodactyls bear weight on an odd number of the five toes. Another difference between the two is that many artiodactyls (except for Suina) digest plant cellulose in one or more stomach chambers rather than in their intestine as perissodactyls do. The advent of molecular biology, along with new fossil discoveries, found that cetaceans (whales, dolphins, and porpoises) fall within this taxonomic branch, being most closely related to hippopotamuses. Some modern taxonomists thus apply the name Cetartiodactyla /sɪˌtɑːrtioʊˈdæktɪlə/ to this group, while others opt to include cetaceans within the existing name of Artiodactyla. Some researchers use "even-toed ungulates" to exclude cetaceans and only include terrestrial artiodactyls, making the term paraphyletic in nature.. . "
<snip>

". . . The oldest fossils of even-toed ungulates date back to the early Eocene (about 53 million years ago). Since these findings almost simultaneously appeared in Europe, Asia, and North America, it is very difficult to accurately determine the origin of artiodactyls.. . ."

1712777282164.png

Camel milk has a sweet, slightly salty, and creamy taste. It has a similar smooth consistency to 2% milk, even though it is very lean and low-fat.

Most people who try it for the first time expect to hate it! They expect it to taste gamey or sour.

But people are always surprised by how much they like it!

Sounds like it's popular.

Cattle belch methane, not fart it ... and I think camels chew their cud as well ... so maybe they belch as much methane ... it's not so much the animal ... but the food ... digesting grass ain't easy ...

Reducing meat consumption reduces pollution from animal husbandry ... easy peasy ...

Have they got split hooves?

How do hooves produce poisonous levels carbon dioxide? ...

"Artiodactyls are placental mammals belonging to the order Artiodactyla (/ˌɑːrtioʊˈdæktɪlə/ AR-tee-oh-DAK-tih-lə, from Ancient Greek ἄρτιος, ártios 'even', and δάκτυλος, dáktylos 'finger, toe'). Typically, they are ungulates which bear weight equally on two (an even number) of their five toes: the third and fourth, often in the form of a hoof."

Cows belch methane because that's how SOME Artiodactyls digest grasses ... OTHER Artiodactyls are carnivorous and, obviously, don't belch methane ... I don't know about camels, they eat grass, but do they chew the cud? ...

The problem is numbers ... a billion camels is a problem to any ecosystem ...

How do hooves produce poisonous levels carbon dioxide? ...

"Artiodactyls are placental mammals belonging to the order Artiodactyla (/ˌɑːrtioʊˈdæktɪlə/ AR-tee-oh-DAK-tih-lə, from Ancient Greek ἄρτιος, ártios 'even', and δάκτυλος, dáktylos 'finger, toe'). Typically, they are ungulates which bear weight equally on two (an even number) of their five toes: the third and fourth, often in the form of a hoof."

Cows belch methane because that's how SOME Artiodactyls digest grasses ... OTHER Artiodactyls are carnivorous and, obviously, don't belch methane ... I don't know about camels, they eat grass, but do they chew the cud? ...

The problem is numbers ... a billion camels is a problem to any ecosystem ...

I wondered if they were kosher.

Forum List

Back