The effect of pot on your brain

I can remember when 9 out of 10 doctors recommended Kools so medical reports that are just more propaganda dont impact me at all.

Also, back in the 50's they advertised Kent cigarettes with the NEW "Micronite" filter and how good it was for you. My mom smoked these for years. Later they announced those great filters were causing rare blood diseases. My mom died from a rare blood disease 20 years ago.

I still don't see a problem with legalizing pot, there's nothing wrong with it (in my opinion) in moderation and it does help many people with pain, relaxation, etc. Alcohol is much more dangerous.

go get the studies.

They were Cig company propaganda

But there is NO marijuana lobby propaganda! Oh my potheads wouldn't LIE would they?

Nevertheless, pot should be legal, free and unlimited as should every other drug, prescription or illicit.

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!

Legal, I can agree with.

Free and unlimited? No! I'll be doggone if I am going to be taxed to supply TM with her weed!

Immie

And this study shows pot grows the brains of people who ingest it

You are not doing yourself any favors with posts like this.

I for one enjoy a good toke every once in a while. I certainly am not going to fill my head with idiotic fantasies of having a 'bigger' brain afterwards. :confused:

I personally believe everything in moderations, but Im not making the rules around here.

Well this is already common knowledge that it helps to reduce pain and increase appetite and even lower stress. It's not saying it makes you more intelligent or that it can't be abused. I think anyone with real world experience with marijuana use can tell you that. I think marijuana can be used in moderation and really don't understand why it's not legal.

I certainly hope it's legal, but that's not enough. It is not enough to merely be legal. It should be free as well.

Steps need to be taken to protect the public from those who are stoned out of their minds, but aside from that, legal and free, along with everything else.

Okay real rational. No one said anything about it being free. Chill out. It's not free now but anyone who wants it can get it. Easier for kids to get than alcohol is too.

An unfortunate side effect of drug use is that some people end up unable to work. Some of them turn to crime to support increasing drug habits. That's why it should be free. It doesn't have to be supported by taxes, there is plenty of a confiscated supply.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I certainly hope it's legal, but that's not enough. It is not enough to merely be legal. It should be free as well.

Steps need to be taken to protect the public from those who are stoned out of their minds, but aside from that, legal and free, along with everything else.

Okay real rational. No one said anything about it being free. Chill out. It's not free now but anyone who wants it can get it. Easier for kids to get than alcohol is too.

An unfortunate side effect of drug use is that some people end up unable to work. Some of them turn to crime to support increasing drug habits. That's why it should be free. It doesn't have to be supported by taxes, there is plenty of a confiscated supply.

I have to disagree with you about the confiscated supply being enough to suppy the potheads. First, eventually that supply is going to run out and when it does run out then there will be people who grow it. Those people are going to want to be compensated, rightfully so, for the use of their land and time to harvest the crops. If pot was legal and free we would be taxed to supply it.

Immie

Not marijuana use. Its no different than alcohol. Some people are unable to work because they are alcoholics. There's no turning to crime to support your marijuana habit unless you were in crime anyway. It's not crack or heroine.

go get the studies.

They were Cig company propaganda

But there is NO marijuana lobby propaganda! Oh my potheads wouldn't LIE would they?

Nevertheless, pot should be legal, free and unlimited as should every other drug, prescription or illicit.

I agree. Just as long as I don't have to pay for the cretins who damage their bodies - or minds - by using drugs.

On that day.... the day I am completely off the hook for paying for fucking dopeheads - they are welcome to stay stoned until the day they die.

Medical News:Marijuana May Grow Neurons in the Brain - in Psychiatry, Anxiety & Stress from MedPage Today

Most so-called drugs of abuse -- such as alcohol or cocaine -- inhibit the growth of new neurons, according to Xia Zhang, M.D., Ph.D., of the University of Saskatchewan.

"Only marijuana promotes neurogenesis," Dr. Zhang said

So, at what age do you recommend starting your children on marijuana?

I've never seen TDM at a lose for something stupid to say... but I think you may have done it PC. You had to go and THINK... she doesn't like that.

Last edited:
Just to find out who on this thread is right or wrong I am going to give it a try right now. As a test to see what changes I am going to count to 10 now and then try it again afterwards.

Once I take a hit of some good pot I will try the count thing again.

:)-

Not marijuana use. Its no different than alcohol. Some people are unable to work because they are alcoholics. There's no turning to crime to support your marijuana habit unless you were in crime anyway. It's not crack or heroine.

There is a plethora of evidence to suggest that MJ can trigger mental illness.

As I said, make it legal.... I'm fine with that... when I don't have to support their asses on welfare, or rehab, or through ObamaCare.... Until then, fuck off whining about legality of drugs. You choose your path through life - you fucking pay for it.

I know a number of pot smokers who can't work. Some can. Some will move on to harder drugs.

Medical News:Marijuana May Grow Neurons in the Brain - in Psychiatry, Anxiety & Stress from MedPage Today

Most so-called drugs of abuse -- such as alcohol or cocaine -- inhibit the growth of new neurons, according to Xia Zhang, M.D., Ph.D., of the University of Saskatchewan.

"Only marijuana promotes neurogenesis," Dr. Zhang said

If that were the case then you should have neurons waving out of your head like snakes out of the Medusa.

MedusaDark.jpg

From your article:

The finding -- reported in the current issue of the Journal of Clinical Investigation -- does not involve smoked or ingested marijuana, but rather a synthetic compound dubbed HU-210, which Dr. Zhang said is 100 times as powerful as tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the compound responsible for the highs experienced by recreational users.

And finally, again from your article:

In the long run, he said, the hazards associated with marijuana make it unattractive as a therapy.

That try was pathetic, TM.

Those of us who have worked with chronic cannabis users see what it does to the person's ability to think. Next time, try reading your own OP before posting it.

And FYI: medical marijuana has been in use for a number of years now in certain settings. 23 years ago when I worked a cancer unit we gave Marinol to chemo patients.

Dronabinol - PubMed Health

I can remember when 9 out of 10 doctors recommended Kools so medical reports that are just more propaganda dont impact me at all.

You really dont understand the differeance between a commercial and a medical study?

Just how stupid are are?

I don't know how stupid are are. You tell us how stupid are are! Then we will all know how stupid are are. :lol:

Last edited:

Given that cannabis is illegal, you are turning to crime the first time you use. Glad I could help clear that up.

Given that cannabis is illegal, you are turning to crime the first time you use. Glad I could help clear that up.

Not in California. We still have people committing crimes to buy drugs though.

And this study shows pot grows the brains of people who ingest it

And this thread shows that you still don't know how to fucking read.

The finding -- reported in the current issue of the Journal of Clinical Investigation -- does not involve smoked or ingested marijuana, but rather a synthetic compound dubbed HU-210, which Dr. Zhang said is 100 times as powerful as tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the compound responsible for the highs experienced by recreational users.

:eusa_liar:

Forum List

Back