The Economic Recovery Of 2013

Summer of Recovery: Part 1 Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh killed the economy
Summer of Recovery: Part 2 Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh killed the economy
Summer of Recovery: Part 3 Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh killed the economy
Summer of Recovery: Part 4 Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh killed the economy
Summer of Recovery: Part 5 Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh killed the economy

Close.

Part 1: Bush killed the economy.

Part 2: Obama has failed to recover the economy.

The reason our economy has been sluggish and vulnerable for the past several years is because we crossed an important Debt-To-GDP threshold during Bush's regime. Our economy will not thrive again until we return to the other side of that threshold.

Are you ready to give up your mortgage interest deduction? Are you ready to accept a Social Security and Medicare eligiblity age of 70? Are you ready to give up all of your tax deductions, exemptions, credits?

If not, then you are the reason those people are out of work. You are the third rail our chickenshit politicians are afraid of.

Not one dimocrap has ever successfully explained just exactly how Boosh killed the economy.

Know why? Because it's bullshit.

Point #2 is well taken. THAT can be laid at his feet.

Oh..... I know how Boosh ruined the economy..... Smoot-Hawley, right?

I never said Bush did it single-handedly. I've always said it started with Reagan and the securitization of mortgages....and the "trickle down" b.s.

Close.

Part 1: Bush killed the economy.

Part 2: Obama has failed to recover the economy.

The reason our economy has been sluggish and vulnerable for the past several years is because we crossed an important Debt-To-GDP threshold during Bush's regime. Our economy will not thrive again until we return to the other side of that threshold.

Are you ready to give up your mortgage interest deduction? Are you ready to accept a Social Security and Medicare eligiblity age of 70? Are you ready to give up all of your tax deductions, exemptions, credits?

If not, then you are the reason those people are out of work. You are the third rail our chickenshit politicians are afraid of.

Not one dimocrap has ever successfully explained just exactly how Boosh killed the economy.

Know why? Because it's bullshit.

Point #2 is well taken. THAT can be laid at his feet.

Oh..... I know how Boosh ruined the economy..... Smoot-Hawley, right?

I never said Bush did it single-handedly. I've always said it started with Reagan and the securitization of mortgages....and the "trickle down" b.s.

You're forgetting deregulation. Don't forget deregulation.

And the interesting thing is that the real GDP has recovered in spite of the emp ratio remaining flat.

Which means that the GDP recover has been on increased efficiency rather than employment.

Oh No!
The Rush Limbaugh Rolled Up GDP stat!
If it's good for Wall Street it's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD for Main Street!

Don't know what "GDP" means, eh?

Sure do...A GDP of $1,000,000,000,000 can mean one trillionaire and 359,999,000 people
earning less than 10K a year.
Any other Conservative sound-bites?

Last edited:
:eusa_eh:
And the far left propaganda machine rolls on and on.

What far left propaganda machine? I live in liberal California where talk radio is dominated by the right wing even in the Bay Area. There is no liberal media.

Did you just call "AM talk radio" the media? I wonder when they will let "talk radio" in the white house meetings with the President.

As far as I know past NPR, no "political talk radio" gets millions of dollars from he federal Government.... No, only NPR the far left talk radio station gets that... odd you brought that up.

Media includes radio, t.v. newspapers. (AM Talk radio in the white house meetings? Don't quite understand this sentence). A clue about the right wing media being in control is all you people using the words liberal and progressive when referring to Obama who is at best a conservative democrat. Rush, Coulter, Hannity, Fox news sets the tone and their listeners eat this stuff up "democrat bad, republican good, liberal, marxist, progressive " etc. I see hardly anything Obama has done on the economic scene to qualify him as a liberal yet. The political goal post has moved so far to the right since reagan though, it may seem to some that Obama is liberal. Name a couple liberal things Obama has done concerning economics including cabinet appointments and I'll counter with several of his right wing actions. I say economic policies because democrats are pretty strong on marriage equality, gun control, and immigration. These are issues the dems are able to stress and talk about a lot. This is because in their move to the right to compete with republicans for campaign donations, democrats have all but abandoned average americans on economic issues. Clinton gave us Nafta and Obama would like to give us Transpacific partnership. He's already completed trade deals started by bush. Liberal? Hardly.

When talking about unemployment I think you have to acknowledge the creation of a new class which I like to call the Comfort Class. This is a group of low end citizens who have come to the conclusion that it is easier to and smarter to live off the govt dole. If they are going to be stupid enough to give me money I am going to take it. It seems like they are satisfied to live a life of general creature comfort. Ambition is a sickness more than a virtue. Everyone else is stressing out over whatever and they are just chillin. Think of it like this, one can get a job, have to pass a drug test, roll out of bed at 7 every morning and not have enough money to make ends meet OR one can receive all kinds of money and benes, get free health care, wake up whenever, stay stoned all day and pick up some extra cash by working under the table for cash. I believe that stats for the poor and for the middle class are affected by this new class of people. But you know what, maybe these people are really the smart ones. "Don't bogart that joint my friend, pass it over to me"

When talking about unemployment I think you have to acknowledge the creation of a new class which I like to call the Comfort Class. This is a group of low end citizens who have come to the conclusion that it is easier to and smarter to live off the govt dole. If they are going to be stupid enough to give me money I am going to take it. It seems like they are satisfied to live a life of general creature comfort. Ambition is a sickness more than a virtue. Everyone else is stressing out over whatever and they are just chillin. Think of it like this, one can get a job, have to pass a drug test, roll out of bed at 7 every morning and not have enough money to make ends meet OR one can receive all kinds of money and benes, get free health care, wake up whenever, stay stoned all day and pick up some extra cash by working under the table for cash. I believe that stats for the poor and for the middle class are affected by this new class of people. But you know what, maybe these people are really the smart ones. "Don't bogart that joint my friend, pass it over to me"

What credentials did those people have in the first place?
Did they possess advanced degrees in science, accounting, law?
Were they pumping coffee before the crash?
Did they go from earning 80K/year to being comfortable with 16K/year.
Please clarify.

I'm overwhelmed by your ad-hominems.
Not to mentioned bored by them.

I'm fascinated by your ability to post misinformation without any apparent irony.

You ARE an embarrassment.
I've been here three weeks and you haven't posted one fact about anything yet.
And your response to GDP...rather weak.

You post crap showing you dont understand what GDP is and I'm the embarrassment? Yeah, you've been here 3 weeks. I'll take bets you wont be here in another 3. You dont have the chops to run with the big dogs, s0n.

So what is the data to support this concept of "Comfort class"? Exactly how many are there and how are they defined and counted? Or are you just imagining "wake up whenever, stay stoned all day and pick up some extra cash by working under the table for cash" because you saw it in Animal House or some other movie?

I'm fascinated by your ability to post misinformation without any apparent irony.

You post crap showing you dont understand what GDP is and I'm the embarrassment? Yeah, you've been here 3 weeks. I'll take bets you wont be here in another 3. You dont have the chops to run with the big dogs, s0n.

The big dogs?
All you post is, "You're wrong and I'm right!".
What the heck is that?

You're an embarrassment.

The big dogs?
All you post is, "You're wrong and I'm right!".
What the heck is that?

You're an embarrassment.
Still waiting for links to CEO interviews saying americans are stupid and lazy. Go ahead, s0n.

They were wailing and tooth gnashing under bush when we were at 5 percent unemployment. Now at 7.3 percent its a huge success.

Bull shit. No one with an ounce of understanding of economics considers 5% unemployment to be an issue. I suspect you are simply imagining this "wailing and tooth gnashing".

What was an issue is that the employment to population ratio began falling in 2000 when China started ramping up manufacturing and exports. The real price of fuel went from decades of constant dollar to increasing as well.

Forum List

Back