The earth’s inner core stopped spinning and may be reversing

We are going to have a wild ride.

Maybe Al Gore, John Kerry, and Leo DiCapro can save us.

How do we stop the inner core from reversing its spin?

Send AOC all of our money?

Be careful, Colonel. The staff here knows you are fairly conservative, so I worry they might toss this one in the conspiracy theory section

You might want toss in something like how Greta told you it is all because of global warming to make sure they don't.

We are going to have a wild ride.

Maybe Al Gore, John Kerry, and Leo DiCapro can save us.

How do we stop the inner core from reversing its spin?

Send AOC all of our money?

Not a bad movie

I'm thinking during the shift, a compass will be indetirmenant.

I really can't say though.

From everything I have read, the last one occurred about a quarter million years ago, so who the hell knows?

One thing I do believe, if navy ship sonar caused lot of beached whales, and aircraft radar causes the occasional bird to fly into a window here and there, I think we will see massive amounts of creatures that depend on the magnetosphere getting beached, tons of insects losing their way (with crops not being pollinated,) and lots of birds flying willy nilly all over the place.

Magnetic north is already moving south. It is why some airports have had to renumber their runways (runway numbers are based on their magnetic heading).

Now the poles have almost but not quite reversed a few times based on geological history (basically studying core samples from the ocean floor looking for deposits of specific material).

Good news is it happens so slowly, we can tech our way around things like navigation, satellites failing, etc. The big we're screwed scenario is that it weakens as it starts moving toward reversal so whether it does or doesn't go all the way, cosmic rays can really mess up life as we know it the closer we get to Santa's workshop being in Mexico City.

Forum List

Back