The ‘Earth-Shattering’ News Rush Limbaugh Says the Media Ignored, You Need to Know

America need more Governors like Mr. Walker. In the Northeast in particular.

Indeed. What do we have instead? State leaders that are more concerned with "legalizing" pot, than operating fiscally responsibly.

You have a republican administration that is doing well (as are most of the republican governors around the country) and the media refuses to cover them. Returning monies to the citizens of a state - WOW! What a novel idea!!

The thing about legalizing pot is that it is also heavily taxed and it is mostly blue states doing so. What it tells me is they could give a crap is MJ is good or bad for a person all they want is yet another sin tax.
That's exactly the impression that was left on me from the reporting in Colorado.

The grass in the legal shops was not competitively priced against the street peddlers.

If you are going to make it legal and try to sop taxes off of weed, you would think that it would be less expensive to buy legally.

Stupid bureaucrats. :lol:

So wisconsin's infrastructure and schools will fall apart....it's the reaganist way...

Education.JPG

You just keep repeating the same BS over and over. Education spending increases every year but it goes into paying for teachers that are not getting the job done. Paying someone more to do the same thing doesn't solve anything. But it seems to be the mantra of the liberal left to just keep throwing other people's money at a problem hoping it will get fixed. idiotic.

Indeed. What do we have instead? State leaders that are more concerned with "legalizing" pot, than operating fiscally responsibly.

You have a republican administration that is doing well (as are most of the republican governors around the country) and the media refuses to cover them. Returning monies to the citizens of a state - WOW! What a novel idea!!

The thing about legalizing pot is that it is also heavily taxed and it is mostly blue states doing so. What it tells me is they could give a crap is MJ is good or bad for a person all they want is yet another sin tax.
That's exactly the impression that was left on me from the reporting in Colorado.

The grass in the legal shops was not competitively priced against the street peddlers.

If you are going to make it legal and try to sop taxes off of weed, you would think that it would be less expensive to buy legally.

They are going to make the drug dealers richer and the kids dumber.

I assumed the earth-shattering news would be about Justin Beiber.

Oh, Walker is as corrupt as they come, so of course the kooks here kiss his ass. They regard corruption and failure and prerequisites for office, hence they adore Walker.
Asking to return the state's surplus to the people who contributed to it is corrupt? It is failure?

Maybe it is you who needs to return to your Bieber news, sport.

Yea, returning people's money to them instead of finding ways to waste it takes a real creep. And unemployment is down in the state. What's next, more policies to encourage even job creation? Someone better stop him.

Just because Walker didn't kiss union ass, he gets called corrupt.

The comments from libs never explain why they disagree with someone. It's always name calling and insulting the source and the poster.

There may be another reason for legalizing pot. Many will try it since it's legal in some states. If you apply for a gun permit, one of the questions is whether you ever used illegal drugs. Even though pot might be legal in a few states, it's still against federal law. You might lose your right to purchase a gun for smoking pot. People have to fill out cards when they purchase it, so the government will know everyone who bought it at the shops.

The ‘Earth-Shattering’ News Rush Limbaugh Says the Media Ignored, but You Need to Know.

Walker is proposing a $504 million property and income tax cut plan as a means to return some of the surplus money to the people of Wisconsin. Some Democrats and Republicans are already criticizing the plan and are calling for changes.

“The budget surplus is really your money,” Walker recently said at a meeting of the Wisconsin Grocers Association. “You earned it.”

The unemployment rate in Wisconsin dropped to 6.2 percent in December and has been dropping steadily since 2011.

The ?Earth-Shattering? News Rush Limbaugh Says the Media Ignored, but You Need to Know | TheBlaze.com

I have no problem with Walker's plan to return some of those tax dollars back to the tax payers, with one caveat. He should roll the surplus for one year to see what happens next year. He believes that future growth in the economy will cover the projected shortfall Wisconsin is currently facing, so why not wait to be safe?

The reason I suggest waiting is that we saw a very similar scenario on the national level back in 2001 when Bush took office. The CBO was showing projections of surpluses for years to come, so Bush pushed for a big tax cut that went through. Unfortunately the economy did not perform as expected and the government ended up having revenues less than what was projected, and at the same time, spending went through the roof leading to some very large deficits.

Basing tax refunds or cuts in tax rates on projections can be very dangerous.

Well, hell, that being the case, let's legalize prostitution - let's legalize heroin - let's legalize cocaine - let's legalize children working at age 9. Why not? Just tax the hell out of it and enjoy!!

Yet the governor of Wisconsin is returning money to his constitutients. And he did it all WITHOUT all this nonsense. Just sound fiscal policies - IN SPITE of the teachers union.

I love how the left is excusing this horse hockey by claiming it "raises taxes". Hypocrites.

what happens when it is heavily taxed

the black market kicks in

i read a bag of legal weed cost upwards of a hundred dollars more

then the black market weed because of taxes

The ‘Earth-Shattering’ News Rush Limbaugh Says the Media Ignored, but You Need to Know.

Walker is proposing a $504 million property and income tax cut plan as a means to return some of the surplus money to the people of Wisconsin. Some Democrats and Republicans are already criticizing the plan and are calling for changes.

“The budget surplus is really your money,” Walker recently said at a meeting of the Wisconsin Grocers Association. “You earned it.”

The unemployment rate in Wisconsin dropped to 6.2 percent in December and has been dropping steadily since 2011.

The ?Earth-Shattering? News Rush Limbaugh Says the Media Ignored, but You Need to Know | TheBlaze.com

Is there another source other than Limbaugh reading from The Blaze; "TheBlaze (formerly titled GBTV) is a libertarian conservative/independent news, information, and entertainment television network founded by talk radio personality, and entrepreneur Glenn Beck."
TheBlaze - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

See how easy ^^^ it is to provide the back story and not lie by omission?

Past Republican Governors in CA did 'refund' surplus money to the people. Once we all got $38 - millions of us. Money which might have been used to shore up the levees in the Delta or repair, replace bridges, roads and tunnels and in doing so provide jobs to private sector contractors and their employees.

Conservative Republicans are both stupid and not really conservative. They'll save a penny today instead of patching the roof, and in a year or two need to replace the roof, and the entire contents of the house damaged by rains.

It's all about control over the dumbmasses.

Past Republican Governors in CA did 'refund' surplus money to the people. Once we all got $38 - millions of us. Money which might have been used to shore up the levees in the Delta or repair, replace bridges, roads and tunnels and in doing so provide jobs to private sector contractors and their employees.

Conservative Republicans are both stupid and not really conservative. They'll save a penny today instead of patching the roof, and in a year or two need to replace the roof, and the entire contents of the house damaged by rains.

Yeah, but that 38 dollars increased the GDP by 1.5% according to Nancy.

It's all about control over the dumbmasses.

Maybe the bureaucrats are smarter than you believe? Consider the problem with buying from a street dealer? 1) the product might have been 'stepped on' (laced with some very unhealthy substance to enhance poor quality; 2) the possibility of being robbed by "street dealers"; 3) the possibility of being arrested; and 4) the fines and penalty assessments for not paying the tax if caught with illicit MJ.

Would you buy alcohol from some guy on the corner, or pay more from a sealed bottle at a retail store?

Forum List

Back