The downside of carrying a firearm...

I'm thankful that I still live in a country that at least lets me decide if I should own a firearm.

And by the way, over the weekend here in Oregon, a man with a concealed carry permit stopped another man who began to shoot people inside of a nightclub from shooting more people.

Link please!

So there is no level of violence between popcorn throwing and shooting? you forget a good old fashioned ass-kicking.

And don't forget that it was at a kids hockey game that a parent got mad at another parent and punched him and killed him. So much for they theory that only guns can kill.

There have been many fights between parents at kids sports contests. They usually end in a bloody nose and some big time embarassed kids
We can be sure that if guns were involved they would have ended in deaths

This one ended in a death and he was beaten with fists. The problem is the person, not the weapon.

And don't forget that it was at a kids hockey game that a parent got mad at another parent and punched him and killed him. So much for they theory that only guns can kill.

That was a woman actually.

The idea is not, and never has been, that "only" guns can kill. It's that (a) they make it so much easier, and (b) they're hawked continually by the testosterone-drowning NRA mentality to a culture already bent on violence. Guess where that combination leads.

That's not the one I was talking about.
Manslaughter Charge in Hockey Death:
A hockey father accused in the beating death of another hockey dad at a youth game pleaded innocent today to a manslaughter charge.

Thomas Junta, 42, of Reading, Mass. was charged with manslaughter for allegedly beating 40-year-old Michael Costin of nearby Lynnfield unconscious on Wednesday in a dispute over rough play in a youth hockey game.

You're missing the point anyway. Whether it's a gun or a fist, it's the person that is the problem.

That's twelve years ago, but yes, it just underscores my point that we live in a culture of violence. As well as a culture of gun fetishism, even if the latter wasn't involved in this case.

Police: Texting argument in movie theater sparks fatal shooting - CNN.com

It is more of a mental health issue. This was a retired cop, but it could have been anyone with a carry permit. Pretty sad

So go ahead and propose retired police officers cannot keep thier ability to concealed carry.

That should go over well.

I have no problem with that. Active LE officers exhibiting substance abuse or other mental health issues will be investigated and placed on desk duty until cleared or fired. No one supervises retired LE.

It's Florida. People know that anybody next to you can be packing.
And generally people are polite and self-restrained.

948.png

GUN012.png

I can do without this kind of "polite", thanks. :eusa_hand:

948.png

GUN012.png

Yes you see that everyday.

I went to my doctor today. He came in with his nurse both pointing guns at me.

SO I pulled my gun and we pointed them at each other.

So there is no level of violence between popcorn throwing and shooting? you forget a good old fashioned ass-kicking.

There have been many fights between parents at kids sports contests. They usually end in a bloody nose and some big time embarassed kids

Usually does no good to those who are in the other category.

BTW, your posts imply that death is the only outcome that's possible. Often, the presence of a firearms ends the potential violence.

948.png

GUN012.png

Cool! I hear a coloscopy go easier when a gun is involved!

yes, we are. Safe from the government. And thats the exact reason for the 2nd amendment.

Very true.....

Our society is suffering from the Gubmint gunning down 13,000 Americans a year

The 2nd amendment was about protecting Americans from redcoats and indians. Since neither is now a threat, the 2nd amendment is now obsolete.

your so called private information isn't protected under the 4th amendment on the internet no one back then thought of computers would you agree?

and this was an ex-cop.

an ex-cop who was 30 or so years older than the guy who was apparently aggressively out of his seat and advancing.

Why didn't the guy just keep his seat and watch the movie until something else happened? Isn't that what a reasonable person would have done?

At this point it appears the retired LEO is in the wrong. However, the other side of the story hasn't been heard.

It is possible that the person texting became belligerent and the retired LEO perceived his behavior as a threat.

We shall see.

So you are saying this was a justified shooting? Explain

I said, it's possible.

In Florida a person doesn't have to wait to be hit or to see if the other person has a weapon to perceive a threat.

We can also be sure that if everyone would act like an adult and remember it's a game between kids and not act like arses, everyone would be 100% safe from each other.

We are just lucky to have guns keeping us safe

yes, we are. Safe from the government. And thats the exact reason for the 2nd amendment.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Won't be long till this nut job is the next perp.

Nope, but if some thug threatens me or my family with physical harm, I will shoot him. I have a CC permit and know how and when to use a firearm.

I would even use a gun to protect an asshole like you if you were about to be killed by a thug with a weapon.

948.png

GUN012.png

See? That's why productivity goes down.

Forum List

Back